SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose pointing out small problems like a too regular paint job is a way of nipping a possible problem in the bud..before it becomes a problem and I'm all for that. My only other paint job issue i nthe line was the Carno..it was just missing a bit on the face that was present in the proto.

I'm waiting for the UPS guy right now..hopefully he'll actually ring the bloody bell this time.

My only other paint job issue i nthe line was the Carno..it was just missing a bit on the face that was present in the proto.

I'll give you that one, the detail is sorely lacking on the face; it is probably my least favorite in the line.

I love the sculpt and pose, but if ever I get the balls to do it I'm touching it up myself or shipping it off for a minor tweak.

Every time I look at him it's awesomeness until I get the face and then it just feels something is missing..and the head should be the best painted part really...that's the focal point for almost everyone.

Just got him in and opened up...the UPS guy didn't show up til about 7:00.

First thing I noticed is how FREAKING' HUGE !!! this girl is...I'd love to have this her on one of those glass tables with the rest of body under the table on a bank or something..it would easily be at least 3 feet.

The paint job also looks great..the spots really don't seem like an issue now.

Anyone know why some of these pieces have really smoothed out parts ? The tail tip on my Para and my Rex both have really smooth tail ends were the detail goes soft. Not really distracting..just curious.

The last thing I noticed was the number.... 008/250 ! That's the lowest I've received on any collectible.

In short this sheila deserves a big Steve Irwin " WHOO HOO ! " in my book.. :D

I really think you are "nitting" if the spots bother you once you see it in-person.

:lecture

Agreed. I only had mine out of the box a few moments before packing it back up to be sent back to the factory for the exclusive, but in person it is absolutely breathtaking. Easily one of my favorite pieces thus far.

Well, I think it's pretty subjective when finding flaws in the paint apps from the production pieces. On the other hand, I also think it's kind of a 'cultural' thing in our country when ppl can't stand imperfection. I'm the key member of a small group of ppl that actually collects these beautiful dinosauria pieces, and our group is actually a part of a huge group of ppl specializing in collecting model kits/toys/collectibles/etc...

Anyways, my point is almost every ppl from this ____ed up group seems to make a big deal and start _____ing when there is even the slightest flaw detected from the production piece, and somehow I also get sucked into that negative atmosphere. To keep this short, EVERYTHING must be damn perfect in order to make useless korean folks to get satisfied.

Concerning the Dinosauria pieces, I know none of them are perfect, and some of the details in the sculpt and the paint apps don't precisely match with the prototypes, but I like what I have seen so far and yes, I might be 'nitting' if the dots/spots do bother me, but that's just my two cents, and I also think that this dio is freakin awesome when seen in person.

Just got him in and opened up...the UPS guy didn't show up til about 7:00.

First thing I noticed is how FREAKING' HUGE !!! this girl is...I'd love to have this her on one of those glass tables with the rest of body under the table on a bank or something..it would easily be at least 3 feet.

The paint job also looks great..the spots really don't seem like an issue now.

Anyone know why some of these pieces have really smoothed out parts ? The tail tip on my Para and my Rex both have really smooth tail ends were the detail goes soft. Not really distracting..just curious.

The last thing I noticed was the number.... 008/250 ! That's the lowest I've received on any collectible.

In short this sheila deserves a big Steve Irwin " WHOO HOO ! " in my book.. :D
congrats on getting #8. i don't think they even sell the first 5 numbers to the public. they reserve them for artists and stuff. so #8 is almost one of the first pieces for sure.

I was really shocked..the lowest I've ever received was #42 I think..of any collectable item... :lol

I can't believe how big it is still...if the whole animal was present it would dwarf all the other previous pieces. I'm scrapping my plans to really add to it...except for maybe a marble base of some sort..black or maybe dark grey. The brown mud blends into the wood grain table here too much to really see how large the base is.

I was really shocked..the lowest I've ever received was #42 I think..of any collectable item... :lol

I can't believe how big it is still...if the whole animal was present it would dwarf all the other previous pieces. I'm scrapping my plans to really add to it...except for maybe a marble base of some sort..black or maybe dark grey. The brown mud blends into the wood grain table here too much to really see how large the base is.

Picturessss :confused:

Chris

No camera so ican't really provide pics..unless you want a cellphone image..that I might be able to do.

They paint exclusives first ? I would think they just paint up a batch of each around the same time and just add the exclusive piece with some. They all ship the same time so I wouldn't think they bother to give exclusives priority or anything.

please provide some comparison pics with the other pieces too, as well as the art box. thanks!:D

I'm also looking forward to see some more pics....

The guy who already received his statue took it back to his home instead of letting it hang around in our lab :rotfl

Anyways, this is the first time I've ordered an exclusive version from this line...:naughty

I'm going to continue to shy away from this thread until I have my piece in-hand and can churn out a thorough review doing it justice. Might take a month or so until it's all worked out, but nonetheless. :D

Here's one with box and another with the Rex and Styrac maquettes :

deino.jpg

Deino2.jpg

Back