SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine shipped! Dunno when I'll get it though. I think maybe Friday. I hope so, it'll be an awesome weekend if so. Deino and Obi vs. Vader.
:woo

Mine will be here Friday. Well, not really mine, just a few I'll get to see in person before shipping out to international customers.

Because of the screw up with my last order (Styracosaurus maquette), my local retailer promised to send me the exclusive version of this dio even though I ordered the original one. Anyways, it's still stuck in the customs office but I just got notified today that it will get out at the end of this month or early April :(

Last edited:
No pics of the skull (Sideshow sent me the regular :duh), but I LOVE this one ...

236zbk.jpg

dg3w5y.jpg

118hhzm.jpg

r7qets.jpg

23j633l.jpg

5zmtlf.jpg

Wow, the base is simply lovely and the sculpt looks great as always~

As for the color apps, the Parasaurolophus looks spot on, but I am slightly disappointed with the Deinosuchus (compared to the prototype)...

Last edited:
Wow, the base is simply lovely and the sculpt looks great as always~

As for the color apps, the Parasaurolophus looks spot on, but I am slightly disappointed with the Deinosuchus (compared to the prototype)...

yup, it appears to me the painter had fun airbrushing "connect the dots" was the deinosuchus supposed to be that "dotty"? it didn't seem that way on the prototype. also, wasn't the parasaur's crest supposed to be bright blue? uh oh... the dinosauria production pieces' paintjob were all spot on with their prototypes eversince, except for this one. could this be a sign that it's going downhill? hopefully not! i really hope not! i'd be willing to drop all lines i collect except dinosauria!

Last edited:
Beautiful, seems more gruesome somehow too. I think its just because the pictures are more close up. The detail around the bite is amazing.

yup, it appears to me the painter had fun airbrushing "connect the dots" was the deinosuchus supposed to be that "dotty"? it didn't seem that way on the prototype. also, wasn't the parasaur's crest supposed to be bright blue? uh oh... the dinosauria production pieces' paintjob were all spot on with their prototypes eversince, except for this one. could this be a sign that it's going downhill? hopefully not! i really hope not! i'd be willing to drop all lines i collect except dinosauria!

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the piece once they have it in-hand; I was losing daylight when I took the shots, but it is plenty colorful and varied. The one area where it isn't quite up to the proto paint work would be the crest you mentioned, but it still has some nice tones to it.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the piece once they have it in-hand; I was losing daylight when I took the shots, but it is plenty colorful and varied. The one area where it isn't quite up to the proto paint work would be the crest you mentioned, but it still has some nice tones to it.

oh ok. then i just have to wait til mine arrives. thanks for the pics lotrfan. :D

Nice shots. To be fair, there is always some deviation from the prototype, since they're painted by hand. Krentz has expressed some disappointment with the way his pieces turn out when duplicated.

Back