sculpting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkage824

Super Freak
Reaction score
i need advice on sculpting or a link to a guide
information on tools and materials to use would also be useful
i am looking mainly at adding bulk to a true type body and also filling in some gaps etc.

For materials, you can go with super sculpey or sculpey firm to clays like Castilene, but these 2 work differently because each has their own use. For filling I say go 2 part clays like Aves Apoxie or the "green stuff" people use for miniature table top games like warhammer, which essentially both are the same IMO, or the common plumber's clay should work for filling.

These 2 part clays are good for what you are looking to do.

i have green stuff but i have problems with it not sticking to what it is added to and also being hopeless at sculpting with it because it tends to stick to metal objects more. plus i find it crumbles if you try to do anything with it once it is set.
(that stuff is not cheap either)

Try ordering some Aves apoxie, that 2 part clay works like a charm, it is sticky and you can smooth out details with a bit of water and your finger tips.

I use plumbers epoxy putty for bulk build ups because its decent, easily had from most hardware stores and it cures quickly. For fine finish work I use Milliput because it takes several hours to cure which gives me enough working time to finish the job.

I use plumbers epoxy putty for bulk build ups because its decent, easily had from most hardware stores and it cures quickly. For fine finish work I use Milliput because it takes several hours to cure which gives me enough working time to finish the job.

thanks for the useful information
do you know of anywhere online that would be a good guide for beginners ?

Back