Sculpting Heads With Clay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamcerberus

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've been customizing for a while now with Apoxy Sculpt and I'm wanting to take the step into clay so I'll have more time to work and can hopefully get more detail in. One thing I've been wondering about is the neck connection (right now I'm using mostly Sideshow and Dragon bodies). Basically I'm wanting to know how to keep the connection point.

I'm guessing a plastic head won't survive if I sculpt over it and bake it. Is the connection point something I need to sculpt into the clay head or is the only way to keep it to sculpt in clay and cast it instead of hardening it?

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

You could make the bottom of the neck flat, bake it, then hollow out the bottom of the neck so you can fit it on top of the neck joint then superglue it to the neck joint.

If you do decide to scultp clay over the neck joint you can try boiling the sculpt with the neck joint. I have not tried this myself but I have seen it recommended.

Back