Scott Adkins, Do You Know of Him?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if that was Reynolds or the studio. Didn't Ryan do quite a bit for Blade Trinity?

Studio no doubt. They single handedly ruined that movie. Every character was written wrong. Ryan has done a lot of stunts in movies. Guess they didn't want to make him up in this one.

Don't know who he is and looking at his imdb the only movie he's ever been involved with that I've seen is the Borne Ultimatum and I don't remember him there either.

Don't know who he is and looking at his imdb the only movie he's ever been involved with that I've seen is the Borne Ultimatum and I don't remember him there either.

He is more known in the DTV market. The only reason I posted this thread was because a friend of mine is friends with Adkins (kind of his unofficial publicist) and we were talking on another forum about name/face recognition between Van Damme and Adkins (being that both are now in The Expendables 2). My point was while I like Adkins and think he has the skills, he just is picking one lousy movie after another (ironically 2 Van Damme movies in a row more or less) and needs to get into something bigger. TE2 is a start, but then again he is working with Van Damme.

He is more known in the DTV market. The only reason I posted this thread was because a friend of mine is friends with Adkins (kind of his unofficial publicist) and we were talking on another forum about name/face recognition between Van Damme and Adkins (being that both are now in The Expendables 2). My point was while I like Adkins and think he has the skills, he just is picking one lousy movie after another (ironically 2 Van Damme movies in a row more or less) and needs to get into something bigger. TE2 is a start, but then again he is working with Van Damme.

Maybe he's just enjoying working with a childhood hero? :huh

Maybe he's just enjoying working with a childhood hero? :huh

Perhaps, but they had a bit of a tit for tat over their co-starring picture, The Shepherd (DTV). I never thought the two would work together again. Scott has solo projects like "Undisputed 2 and 3", "Ninja" and just finished "El Gringo." He's also the lead (not Van Damme) in the next Universal Soldier movie for next year that has Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren as well.

Sometimes you have to do what you do to make a living. Its still a lot cooler living than probably anyone else here, even if you are in DTV instead of major films. It could be worse and be skinamax, though I'm not too proud to do a skinamax movie...:lol

Sometimes you have to do what you do to make a living. Its still a lot cooler living than probably anyone else here, even if you are in DTV instead of major films. It could be worse and be skinamax, though I'm not too proud to do a skinamax movie...:lol

:rotfl:exactly:

Seems like you think people are taking a jab at this guy for saying that he's a DTV/B-movie star, but I don't think that's the case. It just is what it is. I don't begrudge the guy for doing it. I have little doubt that he's a better athlete and entertainment-fighter than the vast majority of A-list action stars.

Back