Action Figure Scifi67's RAH GI JOE Team (Recondo hat upgrade)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scifi67 GI Joe customs

I can't believe it's been over two years since I posted in this thread. I have added several new, upgrades and custom Joes to my collection in that time. I think it's time to start sharing again starting with my TOP Joe Flint; this is my cartoon version.
0c2b0102-64f4-4ca0-aa72-ca38ef3eb97a_zps571a0720.jpg

99087ccb-7f3a-4cae-9592-dbb93368e5be_zpsb2b1d606.jpg

Here a shot of the cartoon accurate flash and patch I made for Flint, they are printed on cloth and both are secured with double sided tape. The patch is backed with wp first aid tape to give it an attached with velcro look.
fcfd0c40-9b39-434d-90eb-bb0f08b8806a_zpsc72e6b5a.jpg

7072fc20-5742-4006-a9c4-044576c6f425_zpse2612d5b.jpg

Up next Snake Eyes...

Last edited:
Re: Scifi67 GI Joe customs

Thanks guys, here's my Ninja and Commando Snake Eyes with Timber.
IMG_0413_zps414aae4b.jpg

I upgraded his shirt to one from Tony and I really love how it looks, I've got a full body suit (it's actually a top and bottom) made out of the same mtrl on the way for making a cartoon version of SE!
3cb4064a-5447-46ef-a0c8-beeddf488912_zps9b30d6a0.jpg

I wanted my Commando SE to look more like Stalker so I use SE v1 pants and I had bought a great Commando sweater back when v1 SE came out. Can't remember which figure it came from, but I really like how it looks.
5c36a9f1-1579-41b3-affe-f255eadd71a7_zps0a1b1619.jpg

IMG_0435_zps9252aead-1_zpsa59b33f4.jpg

Love this Wolf...
0f610b3f-197d-4ecf-ae5c-96271b2edf4a_zpse8f58427.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsf3b68c3f.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Scifi67 GI Joe customs (Flint, SE Ninja and Commando)

Man, those are awesome! Great work. I've also tossed around the idea of giving Flint a cartoon-style green shirt, since that is really where my love of the character comes from. I have also been seriously considering a TonyMeis suit for Snake to go with a TT Advance body once they get re-released.

For the sleeves rolled up that high, did you shorten the sleeve length of his shirt first? I haven't had much luck trying that look myself.

Man, those are awesome! Great work. I've also tossed around the idea of giving Flint a cartoon-style green shirt, since that is really where my love of the character comes from. I have also been seriously considering a TonyMeis suit for Snake to go with a TT Advance body once they get re-released.

For the sleeves rolled up that high, did you shorten the sleeve length of his shirt first? I haven't had much luck trying that look myself.

Thanks, yes the sleeves have to be cut and sewn or glued at the seam to stop them from separating. Flip the shirt inside out and roll the sleeve down, I think there is a thread you have to cut too. Then cut right about where the seam switches from inside to out, that will make more sense when you are looking at the shirt. You may have to cut more sleeve depending on how tight/small you want the rolls to be. I used Rock n Roll's shirt and pants for this version.

I am going to start a sale thread in the commerce section for selling all the custom flashes and patches I made for my Joe so I can hook you up there.

Tony's shirt worked out GREAT so I ordered another top and I also bought bottoms. He calls it the 90s version SE outfit, just tell him to leave off the shoulder logo. I have a TTM19 waiting and I just ordered the custom muscular calves and articulated boots everyone has been using for Deadpool over in the Custom section.

Last edited:

Good looking pair.

I think the new Snake Eyes heads match up pretty will with that Tony suit.

Good looking pair.

I think the new Snake Eyes heads match up pretty will with that Tony suit.

Thanks EF, I had to bulk up the neck to get rid of the bobble head look, but the head does match up well to the suit. Looking forward to getting all my cartoon SE parts all in.

Great updates! Really dig Flint :rock

Snakes look excellent also.

Great updates! Really dig Flint :rock

Snakes look excellent also.

Thanks King, still got my black and tiger stripe Flint but really wanted a cartoon version too. I brought Slaughter, Beachhead and Rock n Roll with me today and plan on posting pics of them after lunch.

Those look great. I am really digging Flint. Nice job.

Scifi67 thats the look i want for flint, i well need your help.

looks great sci fi love both of them, looking foward to toon snake eyes

looking good, I like it :D and nice mod on the neck as well, thumbs UP!!

Big THANKS to you Tony for the awesome shirt and the neck mod idea, I stole it from you. Can't wait for the full body suit to arrive!

Great job on Flint and both Snake Eye's are Kick A$$.

Back