Sauron vs. Numenorean Army Diorama..ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st Post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally the Nemenoreans poses don't bother me, but there's just something not right about Sauron's swing that I can't put my finger on. Very nice overall though.

I always thought that during the course of the last alliance scene with Sauron swinging is mace always looked a bit cheesy and unrealistic but it was cool and this piece depicts it perfectly.

I always thought that during the course of the last alliance scene with Sauron swinging is mace always looked a bit cheesy and unrealistic but it was cool and this piece depicts it perfectly.

What he said :lecture After sleeping on this I have decided that I love this dio. as much today as I did yesterday. And concerning the "skinny Sauron" comments I have a theory. It is a well known fact the camera adds 10 lbs. Perhaps it has the opposite effect on statues.......:huh :naughty

What he said :lecture After sleeping on this I have decided that I love this dio. as much today as I did yesterday. And concerning the "skinny Sauron" comments I have a theory. It is a well known fact the camera adds 10 lbs. Perhaps it has the opposite effect on statues.......:huh :naughty

:lol:lol:lol Very good Woodsy! But what about the 'mincing' comments I have heard mentioned?? :monkey3 :lol

Hey you started the mincing comments not me and stop trying to derail this thread again you brat!! :rotfl
I'll be barred from this forum for letting you mislead me.........tis shocking so it is!! :lol:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

No, i'm sure it was you! :monkey3

Brat?? I am shocked to the core Wrath...so shocked that I am gonna stomp off and have a tantrum :lol:lol

They can't bar us, the LOTR would be boring without us :lecture

But, back to the dio, I have only just now noticed that there is a soldier lying on the floor in front of Sauron :duh

:lol Very good Woodsy! But what about the 'mincing' comments I have heard mentioned?? :monkey3 :lol

Hey you started the mincing comments not me and stop trying to derail this thread again you brat!! :rotfl
I'll be barred from this forum for letting you mislead me.........tis shocking so it is!! :lol:monkey5

Shame on you GG! :lecture Where will we find our nightly entertainment if the "Attack Wrath Show" is cancelled :huh :monkey2

.....how 'bout that Sauron dio. :D

Shame on you GG! :lecture Where will we find our nightly entertainment if the "Attack Wrath Show" is cancelled :huh :monkey2

.....how 'bout that Sauron dio. :D

Tis true...my sincere apologies Wrath and Woodsy it twas me that mentioned the mincing first...I admit it now :monkey2 :lol

Though weirdly I am starting to warm to this dio :dunno dunno why! :lol

I don't collect the dio's, but this really is an awesome looking piece. Love to see Sideshow offering such cool LOTR products :roc

Its Kinda small in the pics and videos, if you ask me...

I think we are in serious need of some good quality pic's to get an idea of the actual size of this dio. With Sauron standing 15" tall, no way is this a small dio.

My first reactions were pretty much the same as everyone else - why numenoreans and not isildur? I would go for the more iconic option myself, at least then Sauron wouldnt look as awkward as he does here. The helmet looks thin too, and he doesnt look like he's putting much effort in. I know he doesnt in the films, but it's still not right here.
SS do puzzle me sometimes, what with having Gandalf vs the balrog not on the bridge (which i can accept), having a floating island Frodo and now not having Sauron fighting Isildur....i dunno, i just think they're making some wrong decisions on some of these pieces.

That said, i've ordered it :D

I think we are in serious need of some good quality pic's to get an idea of the actual size of this dio. With Sauron standing 15" tall, no way is this a small dio.

Indeed....definitely needs some quality pics especially with a frame of reference for scale.

Overall, I'm liking this piece alot.

This is an awesome piece and it's probably getting slightly overshadowed because so much gets revealed all at once at SDCC. But it's also the only new LOTR product, so it deserves some attention.

This is an awesome piece and it's probably getting slightly overshadowed because so much gets revealed all at once at SDCC. But it's also the only new LOTR product, so it deserves some attention.

True enough. It also doesn't help when so few good pic's have been taken, esp. one's that could give us an idea as to scale.

Back