Saruman The White Statue in today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct Lembas Eater........Saruman wanted the Ring for himself........he did not want to be ruled by Sauron.

He did pretend but him switching from good to outright evil is what I really like about the piece.

Congrats on the new acquisition. I had passed up on this piece for quite some time but finally changed my mind a got one before it was too late. Definitely glad I did. Any pics I had seen of it before did not do it justice. Just an amazing piece. I have it displayed with Lurtz and Grima statues. The trio makes an amazing display.

Watching the Gollum DVD in the TTT box set, you get to see PJ's motley collection of LOTR statues. Ok his other statues/kits would make any toy shop owner think they were back at work... but..

Lee apparently says that he likes the depiction of himself as Saruman, and congratulates the SSW team on getting his best likeness. SSW make the bronze version for him specifically, because he likes the poly version so much.

If McKellan had the bronze Gandalf, would he be a snob? (ok so it doesn't look like PJ's Gandalf, but u get the gist)

Actually, considering that the cast could probably get the statues at a great discount anyway, I was surprised how few some of them had.

Unless of course the statues mostly weren't 'theirs' just product placements for the DVD to lure newbies into their web...

Back