Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Saruman and Red Hulk on PO and BOTH keep getting pushed back. Ridiculous.

I don't mind waiting. I'd rather have a finished, beautiful product then a half-ass rushed one.

I don't mind waiting. I'd rather have a finished, beautiful product then a half-ass rushed one.

99% of the time the delay has nothing to do with the final product, it is a port delay or something like that. We always like to hope it is them taking longer to ensure a better quality product, but doesn't seem to correlate.

Yeah I wish people would stop saying that the delays mean they are improving the piece. I doubt very much they can do much to change the product on a moment's notice. I am sure the factories have back logs and production schedules that are planned well in advance. They must get the paint sample WAY before product delivery, approve it, get into the production stream, and hit GO. I think the more maddening reality is that they likely know of these delays months in advance but only let people know of the changes when they absolutely have to. Port delays are surely a reality but no for a 4-5 month bump. The poor souls waiting on the latest Conan piece are looking at 16 months of delays at this point.

Yeah I wish people would stop saying that the delays mean they are improving the piece. I doubt very much they can do much to change the product on a moment's notice. I am sure the factories have back logs and production schedules that are planned well in advance. They must get the paint sample WAY before product delivery, approve it, get into the production stream, and hit GO. I think the more maddening reality is that they likely know of these delays months in advance but only let people know of the changes when they absolutely have to. Port delays are surely a reality but no for a 4-5 month bump. The poor souls waiting on the latest Conan piece are looking at 16 months of delays at this point.

Just SSC things :):clap
But still...Saruman better be breathtaking

He'll probably look just like the proto, but with slightly less skillful paint apps. (Hopefully only slightly.) Yeah, this delay can't be about changing the product. The time for that would have been a year ago. He's way too far down the production stream to be making substantive changes. Fingers crossed he looks as good as the proto ...

these delays are horrible, he was supposed to be released back in september, delayed til january now march. total of 6 months my goodness. with all these delays in all the statue companies, the increase in prices and they look less and less like protos makes me serious in reconsidering this hobby

Oh man, I really want this but I went crazy on Christmas pressies for the family once I found out that my Christopher Reeve Superman PF had been pushed back to Feb. My nieces & nephew better of bloody appreciated those extra presents, lol.

Anywho, now that this amazing looking statue of one of my all time favourite villains has been pushed back I'm Oh so tempted to jump on the wait list for the Ex. So I have two questions if someone could please give me their input.

So firstly, do we think that this'll first ship in February or March? If I knew for sure that it was March then hopping on the wait list would already be done.

& secondly, can you actually use reward points on a wait list item? I would guess no but it would help a lot if I could.

Any helpful info would be much appreciated. :)

I'd jump on the WL anyway, you might be able to use the points if your WL goes live, maybe. I suspect there will be cancellations on this one.

I'd jump on the WL anyway, you might be able to use the points if your WL goes live, maybe. I suspect there will be cancellations on this one.

Yeah, you might be right about the cancellations. Also, I can see the bottom falling out of the aftermarket for many of the older PFs, too, just like it did with the Attakus Star Wars statues once that company stopped making 1/5 scale Star Wars statues. Many people tend to lose interest in a collection & sell it off if that collection suddenly grinds to a halt & it's confirmed that there'll be no more items produced for it.

Although I'm not sure that a Morgul Lord Ex. or Lurtz PF Ex. will ever be sold relatively cheap, lol.

Yeah, you might be right about the cancellations. Also, I can see the bottom falling out of the aftermarket for many of the older PFs, too, just like it did with the Attakus Star Wars statues once that company stopped making 1/5 scale Star Wars statues. Many people tend to lose interest in a collection & sell it off if that collection suddenly grinds to a halt & it's confirmed that there'll be no more items produced for it.

Although I'm not sure that a Morgul Lord Ex. or Lurtz PF Ex. will ever be sold relatively cheap, lol.
Agree. Unless someone else comes out with better ones which may never happen, these are the ones to own. I don't care if they keep making them or not as far as the older ones go, it won't affect my enjoyment of them one bit. At least you know they will not remake a "better" version like Hot Toys does all the time.

Back