Sandtrooper w/ Black Pauldron - B&W Friday

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sandtrooper figure arrived and it has broken armor. Really disappointing. Sideshow blows more and more when talking about quality. Hopefully Mike at Razors will be able to help in replacing the armor. :(

Sorry to hear that JKNO. Hope they have an equally good replacement policy as SSC has. So far, this black pauldron sandtrooper is the only SSC SW figure I don't have, since it was a retailer exclusive, and not available from SSC direct. In the mean time, I found a EU retailer that has it, but I'm in no hurry: I've been cured of the completist bug. I think from now on, it's only OT figures, that's where my true SW love lies after all.

The Sandtrooper figure arrived and it has broken armor. Really disappointing. Sideshow blows more and more when talking about quality. Hopefully Mike at Razors will be able to help in replacing the armor. :(

A piece of the armor is broken :slap , that took some effort/force. Hope you can get a replacement, there are plenty of these around and I'll bet SSC has several of these in storage.

A piece of the armor is broken :slap , that took some effort/force. Hope you can get a replacement, there are plenty of these around and I'll bet SSC has several of these in storage.

Thanks guys, I'm sure Mike at Razor's Edge will try helping. I guess it was a weak point in the armor when made and it broke before or after it was put in the box.

I just got my shipping tracking number from Urban Collectors for my order that I placed this morning, what awesome service :clap:clap:clap .

we need pics fellows... should be getting my any day now...

Of course :monkey1

IMG_5935-1.jpg

Chest piece looks a bit narrower than the stock one. Did you break it trying the boil and dip shaping?

You know I have you on ignore. ;) But since I wasn't logged in when seeing your post...

It's the angle the shot was taken. Please look at these photos:

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5934.jpg

I am still waiting for my local retailer to get their stocks in. My last check with them indicate an August/September date. And so my wait continues... :(

I am still waiting for my local retailer to get their stocks in. My last check with them indicate an August/September date. And so my wait continues... :(

Are you referring to SimplyToys? I ordered 2 from them actually.

Are you referring to SimplyToys? I ordered 2 from them actually.

Yup. Earliest for us to get our Sandie in-hand is probably August. They mentioned something like there is a minimum shipment volume before they can get everything in-country. :impatient:

Can't blame them though. With international freight costs going up, they probably need to ship things in bulk to cut down on costs. Higher overheads for them will probably translate into higher retail price for us. So in a way, I am glad that they are doing something to keep overall costs down and make these figures more affordable for us. I too have 2 pieces on pre-order.

On the plus point, we will probably get this together with the EPII Clone Lieutenant. Did you order that from them as well? I had one Clone Lieutenant on pre-order with them. :)

Yup. Earliest for us to get our Sandie in-hand is probably August. They mentioned something like there is a minimum shipment volume before they can get everything in-country. :impatient:

Can't blame them though. With international freight costs going up, they probably need to ship things in bulk to cut down on costs. Higher overheads for them will probably translate into higher retail price for us. So in a way, I am glad that they are doing something to keep overall costs down and make these figures more affordable for us. I too have 2 pieces on pre-order.

On the plus point, we will probably get this together with the EPII Clone Lieutenant. Did you order that from them as well? I had one Clone Lieutenant on pre-order with them. :)

I have quite some stuff on pre-order with them, in fact everything upcoming from the SW 1/6 line. It will cost a bomb if they come all at the same time.:lol

They looks cool with sand bases indeed! I used to have sand from Tunisia, from the movie locations where I visited in March 2008, and I don't know where I put it - I saved it exactly for this and there is nowhere to be found now :gah:

I got mine from Big bad toy store today. They said all their shipment was not in Mint condition, so they refunded me $2. But, except for the lower magnet on the box flap not catching, this thing is just perfect.

So, if ya got the same notice from BBTS I wouldn't worry much.

Back