Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted to have a PF in my 1/4 collection; even much earlier than their announcement of this PF. However, I just wish they had not made the pose to look like a 6 inch action figure's rigid pose. Also, they way he's holding the rifle doesn't seem natural in any way -- I would have had the rifle's stock go behind his right arm as opposed to in front of it.

Why couldn't they make it similar to one of these two?
sand-troop71BU+50PcQL._SL1200_.jpg

or even this one:
sandtrooper2.jpg

And it's silly that these bubble-head version's poses look more natural than the 1/4 PF: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-sandtrooper-herocross-company-limited-902564/

I guess I'm looking for reasons to be convinced, since I don't think I will see another version of a 1/4 scale besides this one, and I'm not into HT 1/4.

The gun naturally will float on them all. My hand seems to easily flex to accept the gun. I pushed it in with no issues 2 times. I forgot the pauldron strap which I had to jiggle the belt which seems stuck between the gun arm and body and so I had to remove the gun.

As far as the gun pose here is my thoughts. To me: the ST is not engaged nor walking. He's just standing doing squat. His gun position is identical to what you see many military and police around the world. It's seen at great great frequency on TV with guards and military walking during patrols. I'm no professional on the military or police with gun holding and the reasons but it's totally normal to me.

If you just hate it that's different but it's a proper holding position used more than many other options at least on Earth heh

I'll make a video later. I have not touched the straps yet. They don't need to be used if they seem like they will crack.

Making a vid was far tougher after I started. Sorry for the motion sickness. I realize there is a small space under the gun but he is still holding it properly. The first time it did not fit this easily but since pressing it in the fingers have stayed permanently bent out of the way and it looks perfect. Not to sure with him holding the fatter piece and smaller piece it could ever sit flat but as I think it looks natural on mine. So this is sitting perfect on mine and it looks good.

If you think it should sit flat he would have to be holding only the flat skinner piece of the gun but his hand extends to the accordion fatter part so not happening but I think this is how it was designed and looks good. I have seen some not sitting as low as mine and that is not good.

Ok so my girls insisted I post this because while at the time we were busy now they can't stop laughing about this little segment. They now walk around chanting "Here are the pieces of the stuff." Yes the comedy is over the top lol not really but it's a lot of fun and it's fun to go back and see how funny it was to us. There's always me with forgetful quotes of course. This may be my last post lol

Ok so my girls insisted I post this because while at the time we were busy now they can't stop laughing about this little segment. They now walk around chanting "Here are the pieces of the stuff." Yes the comedy is over the top lol not really but it's a lot of fun and it's fun to go back and see how funny it was to us. There's always me with forgetful quotes of course. This may be my last post lol

haha wow... I like how she asked "can I pick it up?" after she'd already done it. How is all of your stuff not broken?!

haha wow... I like how she asked "can I pick it up?" after she'd already done it. How is all of your stuff not broken?!

Some may call it luck... I like to call it.. well luck. Happy Gilmore. Nah they are pretty good with these things but kids ask afterward. My dad would of picked me up lol actually he probably wouldn't even have been doing anything with me this cool. I realized the more I let them help the more careful they have become actually and I show them the details and they really do show respect and appreciation for the pieces. They never touch anything and I have a lot in range.

The only thing ever ruined and has never been touched again was one of Jabbas pillows. My youngest loves the palace set and I have it low on a table I got just for it. For all my pieces I never bought but the Hasbro R2 & C3PO so I let them pretend to be in Jabbas Pslace. Well around it but they love the little frog with Salacious B. Basically I found an edge of the trim cracked and I was gonna flip but I thought about it and calmly explained to her and she's never touched it again.

I love my stuff but I yelled at the wall lol but she's 5 & it's a big toy to her but as I said I've got them to understand these aren't toys from Target. It's so fun to open stuff with them. Fett was great. He was on the kitchen table and she looked small next to him. We still watch the SS video because they love the music.

I gave them stuff like an old Voltron non lead of course ha and my black series FAs.

With all that said nobody better breath on muh Voltron when he comes but that day we will all be freaking out more than any Star Wars. Well I'm pretty pumped for my Ren, 1st O ST and Jango.

That Voltron will be fragile! It's cool to include your kids I guess. I don't want or like kids really so I can't really relate :< Sucks they broke something, but I guess that's the best lesson in remorse that they can get... Maybe a future generation of Star Wars fans too ;p

lol I got ya. I waited to have them til I was as ready as I could be.

We live near Disney and have me and my Father-in-Law so they are already SW fans. They love Stormtroopers big time. I still have the photo from years ago of one of them staring down Vader. Amazing photo but most of them are when you go during SW Weekend. Kids actually make everything far better than one would expect.

I'll post some other photos later of my ST. I may do some sort of floor for his space.

I have some product placement pix. Just having fun. Was making a video but nobody needs to see the same thing reviewed again. Last pic is how I'll probably display it.

IMG_9129.jpgIMG_9130.jpgIMG_9131.jpgIMG_9132.jpgIMG_9134.jpg

Just a note for whoever asked or is wondering.

This is not 24.5" it's not even close. Mine at least is 21" and the width is around 9.75-11" depending on where you measure. Width can vary but my height is right what I said.

IMG_9140.jpgIMG_9141.jpg

got mine too ! I really like it !!! helmet seams not so long in person than on pictures!!

Phastroh ... throw those binocs over his left shoulder.. looks much better.. try it !

got mine too ! I really like it !!! helmet seams not so long in person than on pictures!!

Phastroh ... throw those binocs over his left shoulder.. looks much better.. try it !

I had it there earlier if you check back a page. I'll move it later.

This was my product placement at least it's not as bad as the product placement in Transformers, specifically when Walberg gets out of the truck and they pan around the Bud Light bottles then he angrily drinks some as it foams over lol anyone who never saw that watch it you'll laugh

nice pics Phastroh!

MYC can you post some pics on how you displayed your binoculars on him?
Thanks.

Back