SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did that on the last PP, but got on the waitlist for EP II Obi Wan and it converted within a couple of weeks. I strongly recommend the waitlist option if you haven't already. There's bound to be cancellations from people who ordered more then one. :D

I'm hoping I got in early 10:10 or little earlier

I got mine in at 5:02 am EDST in NSW Australia.....i ordered 2-got 2!!!!
Doesnt seem to be a lag time between OZ and USA...for me

I got mine pretty easily. First i thought the page won't refresh fast enough for me to login and place my order. But then everything went smooth and fine. I have my exclusive order placed. :) Now I'm waiting for the Stormtrooper to arrive to see its quality

I got on the waitlist about 3 hours after the PPO--I was on the road. Who knows, it's at least 6 months til they actually come out! I'll keep my fingers crossed for mine to convert!

This is a very nice figure but I have to pass. Reason?

Price of Figure: USD$110.
International Shipping charged by SSC: USD$75.
Total: USD$185.

No way I will pay so much for a SS 12-inch figure. :(

Yeah, Sideshow rapes us on shipping. They should have USPS as an option for international.

Yeah, Sideshow rapes us on shipping. They should have USPS as an option for international.

I agree with you 100% on the international shipping thing. FedEx is way overprice. USPS should be offered as an option. Even with insurance priced in, USPS shipping cost is much lower. I bought frequently on eBay from US Sellers and USPS always ships my products without any problems.

I completely agree on the shipping, I double the cost of almost every figure I order between shipping and exchange. I really wish SS would give us more options on shipping, I don't mind waiting an extra week or two for it to get here if it saves me 40$ in the end. They'd sell me much more stuff if they dealth with the fed ex crap shipping. 7.50 to mail the sandtrooper inside the US, and 45$ to ship to Canada is just robbery. I've tried many times to have items shipped regular post, but SC just won't go for it. I guess they'd rather see the profits go t o fed ex and not themselves. I would have ordered 2 troopers if not for the high cost, but as it is I can only aford one.

I completely agree. Insane international shipping rates is the reason I prefer not to order directly from Sideshow. Just about everybody else uses USPS Priority International without problems - why can't Sideshow do that? :rolleyes:

I never knew the differences between Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper until the figure comparisons, very cool and glad they were attentive to that.

People already talking about too much armor? Are you folks on crack? :lol We've been asking for this for how long now and then you want them to pull back? Holy crappola. :lol I hope this year is filled with a ton of armored stufff.

I'm psyched about the possibility of another attempt at a Solo and Luke head sculpt. There are enough sculpts out there for a bash, but none have captured either actor yet in these roles. yeah, jedi luke is good but it's an older hamil, and I'm not a big fan of medi's work.

i say keep the troopers coming. i've wanted 1/6 troopers for years and if this means i can have an entire shelf lined with them by the end of next year than so be it.

Shocktrooper AU:Are u in QLD???remember daylight savings time here in NSW is one hr ahead ;)...
So this will be the first trooper without the exclusive stand....and it would have been great to get a stand like Darth Mauls' Probe droids....sand based.

The likelyhood of SSC doing a han and luke Stormie is ever growing to fruition!!!!

Shocktrooper AU:Are u in QLD???remember daylight savings time here in NSW is one hr ahead ;)...
So this will be the first trooper without the exclusive stand....and it would have been great to get a stand like Darth Mauls' Probe droids....sand based.

The likelyhood of SSC doing a han and luke Stormie is ever growing to fruition!!!!

LOL! damn that Daylight savings gets me everytime, congrats on getting your exclusive!
Now would SSC reuse the heads of luke & han as the did for Ep2 Obi?

I completely agree. Insane international shipping rates is the reason I prefer not to order directly from Sideshow. Just about everybody else uses USPS Priority International without problems - why can't Sideshow do that? :rolleyes:

I also agree. Too bad SS doesn't ship with USPS, even Express Mail (EMS) with full insurance and which arrives in 4 days from USA to Romania is much cheaper than FedEx

LOL! damn that Daylight savings gets me everytime, congrats on getting your exclusive!
Now would SSC reuse the heads of luke & han as the did for Ep2 Obi?

Doubt they'd reuse heads as is. I can see them chopping the necks off the sculpts though and using them, which I would not mind one bit. Only problem then is finding and modding a Pro body for Luke and finding one for Han :lol

I definitely want new sculpts. That is one of the reasons I passed on Obi-wan.

hans.jpg

Back