SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
47.94% of those are made up on the spot. :lol

This George-Approved Sandtrooper is 100% awesome:

jgeorge_02.jpg

(Be nice, Freakazoids, that's the mother of my children. :lol )

BTW.

The Marmit armor are suit for the less articulate "build-up" body include in the product. By changing to other slimmer 12" body, it would look like wearing an over-size suit.

Ummmm . . . Not True at all. I've been converting Marmit Trooper kits for several years now. I've been using more poseable/slimmer bodies from Dragon, DID, etc. Others have been able to use bodies from various companies to replace the stock Marmit one as well.

Proof:

These were made using bodies/figures from Dragon
Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_058.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_061.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_002.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_005.jpg

These pics show that the scale is comparable to Sideshow's Figures
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_0061.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_0051.jpg

Star_Wars_RFT_019.jpg

By the way, that's some SWEET looking armor you guys have!:chew

Here are some pics of one of mine. Still need to make adjustments before joining the 501st:banghead

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_0462.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_003a1.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_007.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_011.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style_008.jpg

My Gear/Arsenal:
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_0012.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_0041.jpg

Stormtroopers_Marmit_Style.jpg

Ahhh.. Sandies sure are popular in the 501'st. We have a few here in my Garrison.

Alas.. I'm too tall to be a Stormtrooper.

Nice work TK0083. I based on my experience by using Dragon early "Adam" body on my Marmit Strom and Sand 10 years ago. Then I changed body of HOT Toys for a more build-up 6 years ago. You sure have more experience then I am :joy

Glad to see 501st members surfaced in this thread. The deployment standard for 501st MEPD has up-grade several times. Now, once get deployed means owning a movie accurate helmet, field backpack...etc. However, old deployed members of MEPD are still valid and are not affected by the latest up-grade standard. Not to mention that 501st don't have rules by forcing members by getting deployed. Its a choice by yourself of how good you want to achieve for your costume, same norm just like freaks here for 12" figure. TK0083 for example had well-proved his choice for 12" figure.

Its me in my armor. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall in armor (3 inches lift-up by boots) and I am "not fat". Yes, its a cruel fact that your body size will definitly affect movie accuracy in armor but as mentioned above, we the 501st, matter on higher goals and warm welcome those that consider "size doen't matter".

Below is my TD helmet modified from MR LE ANH helmet (Hero version but base on a Stunt mold)-

Here is another shot of the Sandtrooper. This is more than I have seen so far...This figure is baddddd-a#@!!!

I wonder if SIDESHOW added green lenses? THAT WOULD BE SeWWWWEEEEETT!!! I can't tell from the image.

Ahhh.. Sandies sure are popular in the 501'st. We have a few here in my Garrison.

Hey Marc...um, Lord Vader I mean.

I personally like the white pauldron on this figure - too many oranges running around imo. I personally wear black at my 501st troops:

brian.jpg

The bad thing is that we wont have this awesome figure in our hands till later in the year, maybe 3rd quarter (I hope I'm wrong and its sooner). I hate having to wait so long.

Looks like the header image to the PPO email reminder that they usually send out a day or two before the PPO to remind people to be signed up for the newsletter to be eligible and all that.

Back