San Diego Comic Con exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rainman said:
I just realized something, the San Diego exclusive may be the next figure announcement for the Star Wars line. They announce it on April 6th. If it is indeed Sith eyes Anakin, then Anakin will be the first figure announced in the Sith line!

I hope this is not the case. I would rather some other character announced as the first Sith.

In my opinion, for Anakin to truly be sold as a Darth Vader figure he would have to have more than just Sith Eyes. His clothes/robe would have to have a more distressed texture after killing all those jedi at the temple and the Obi fight at mustafar. May be a slightly darker cloak as well.

jlcmsu said:
Would it count as the first figure though? It might for all I know.

Why not?

SolidLiquidFox said:
In my opinion, for Anakin to truly be sold as a Darth Vader figure he would have to have more than just Sith Eyes. His clothes/robe would have to have a more distressed texture after killing all those jedi at the temple and the Obi fight at mustafar. May be a slightly darker cloak as well.

I would think the variant wouldn't just be the eyes. It seems to me they would have to change the clothes as well. If the eyes were the only thing that was different, that would suck.

Anakin becomes Sith the moment he pledges himself to the Emperor, not when he puts on the Darth Vader costume. He only wears that to survive because he got his ass handed to him by Obi-Wan.

rainman said:

They might not officially start the line with that. I don't know. I was just tossing it out there. If they start the Sith line with this piece I wouldn't care.

its just me but i would prefer darth sidious to kick off the sith line. just because he was the main reason the sith kicked ass through all the movies.

~~i would love to get a sith eyes anakin, buuuttt for it to be worth the stress of pre-order there better be some other different stuff, like say maybe a couple seperatist heads?? or maybe his body will come apart at the waist?? :google

Customikey said:
I'm not sure of the timing, but would that mean that a Sith Eyes Anakin would see release before the original figure?

The regular one is due in April or May according to what was said at one point I believe.

Everyone is convinced it is Sith Eyes Anakin, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. If it was him, with some unique detailing on his costume, it would be cool. I just hope they make it something where most fans will feel that the price is justified - nothing more frustrating paying a second time for an item you have.

I like how they were going to make Kit the exclusive, but SS thought of fan retrubution, which is a good thing. You do not want to upset the fan base so early into a new line. Look what happened to Playmates with the 1701 Star Trek line - it died after that, when Fans could not get items they wanted, they bailed.

Given the size of the Con and the tens of thousands that go, I expect an immediate and quick sell out of the 12" Star Wars fig.

Looks like I will be doing taking a vacation in July to hit the Con!

AmanaMatt said:
Everyone is convinced it is Sith Eyes Anakin, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. If it was him, with some unique detailing on his costume, it would be cool. I just hope they make it something where most fans will feel that the price is justified - nothing more frustrating paying a second time for an item you have.

I like how they were going to make Kit the exclusive, but SS thought of fan retrubution, which is a good thing. You do not want to upset the fan base so early into a new line. Look what happened to Playmates with the 1701 Star Trek line - it died after that, when Fans could not get items they wanted, they bailed.

Given the size of the Con and the tens of thousands that go, I expect an immediate and quick sell out of the 12" Star Wars fig.

Looks like I will be doing taking a vacation in July to hit the Con!

They have said it will be a variant of an existing character (this was said after Han was released). They said it would be a Luke or Han variant and then they changed their mind saying it wouldn't be a Luke or Han variant. They would only leave Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Kit. There isn't much they could do with Obi-wan. Anakin could have Sith eyes and Kit could be the AotC Smile version (Kit was originally planed as the SDCC exclusive so the smile version could still be possible). Give these limited choices, Sith Eyes has just stood out the most. I doubt they would release another episode's Anakin or Obi-Wan because they could sell them easily. Another possibility would be an extra crispy severed limbs burnt Anakin from Mustafar.

Cool info, I was not aware that Sideshow shot down a variant Luke or Han - fine by me though. I would personally be very happy with Sith eyes Anakin. He does seem to be the only real choice. A variant of Kit would be awful, personally (you can tell I am a huge fan of the character :rolleyes:)

Thanks for the 'heads-up.'

I would be up for a Sith Eyes Anakin of course. However, I would also be up for a two pack of Obi-Wan and Anakin on Mustafarr. Heck you could give Anakin Sith Eyes then just for grins.

Back