Sabertooth Classic Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original Sabretooth with costume (own and love it) has taken a big price hit since this one was announced. I am seeing it sell on Ebay for cheap. Now is the time to get the original if you want to save a couple hundred bucks.

Nice :clap He's supposed to be almost double the size of Wolverine, right?

300452-sabretooth-classic-11.jpg

No thanks. I'd rather have this. Fully sculpted goodness right here. I can't wait to have these 2 displayed together.
I agree the new one is badass, but I am not so sure it's $200+ better, especially if you already own the original.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Polystone IS resin. It's just mixed with sand, basically.

Yes, but I thought there were statues that we're all resin. No? The SS Joker Arkham Asylum isn't polystone. He feels like he's made out of a resin or polymer type material

Yes, but I thought there were statues that we're all resin. No? The SS Joker Arkham Asylum isn't polystone. He feels like he's made out of a resin or polymer type material
Statues can be resin, polystone, cold cast porcelain, pvc, vynil...the list goes on. Each is based on a plastic polymer but additives or even chemical make up determine the difference. Honestly the difference between high grade resin and polystone is mostly in feel, polystone tends to have a smoother surface, and weight.

EDIT: unless you're customizing, then the difference can be huge.

Last edited:
most prototypes made by Sideshow are intrinsic resin or resin

for production purposes polystone is used as it is far more durable and has a better texture than the aforementioned

im guessing the new Wolverine PF box will be the juxtaposed image shown here
attachment.php

as seen on the new Sabretooth PF

attachment.php

I received a 56$ discount on this one, thats what made me jump the gun and PO.

Im still holding on to the original 2 PFs in my collection

Its mixed with stone dust. It gives it a different feel and hardness and also makes it heavier. Saying its the same is like saying iron and steel are the same. While related they are different.

Yet none of that changes the fact that polystone is still made of resin. I never said they were the same.

Yet none of that changes the fact that polystone is still made of resin. I never said they were the same.
You said "it is resin", as if the addition to form the compound is inconsequential. I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to give the correct information.

Hypothetically, Say he was going to customize a piece and wanted to strip the paint off using acetate. Polystone will allow you to do this most resins will not as the acetate can deform it.

You said "it is resin", as if the addition to form the compound is inconsequential. I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to give the correct information.

Hypothetically, Say he was going to customize a piece and wanted to strip the paint off using acetate. Polystone will allow you to do this most resins will not as the acetate can deform it.

I think your words are falling on deaf ears my man.

Not deaf. I just didn't want to argue. I was just making the point that technically polystone, cold-cast porcelain, etc. are all resin. The original question wasn't posed as a technical one. I wouldn't have answered the same had it been posed in any way Josh mentions. No big deal.

Not deaf. I just didn't want to argue. I was just making the point that technically polystone, cold-cast porcelain, etc. are all resin. The original question wasn't posed as a technical one. I wouldn't have answered the same had it been posed in any way Josh mentions. No big deal.

Maybe my question could have been framed better, but I asked if these statues were "resin or polystone". Maybe I should've asked "100% resin or polystone". Do you know the answer?

They are mostly polystone. They have used other materials like PVC and such, but I think all but a few are polystone. I don't follow statues I'm not interested in enough to speak with authority on all the materials they have used. Of course, many have small or fragile parts that are made from a different material than the base polystone of the bodies.

I think Josh gave a good summation of the different materials in use. He's a big Sideshow guy, so he might be able to speak more definitively on what they've used in the past.

its been confirmed that the prototypes are made of a softer resin... by actual in house painters at Sideshow.

That partly explains why production paint quality differs... anyways you guys are splitting hairs really..

common sense would suggest that polystone is a better material when you are talking about collectors and long-term use / durability verses pure resin.

Back