S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man so many figuarts coming out and my Wallet is still dead from the DBZ purchases earlier this month. I'm happy we're getting Han and others, I do hope EP 3 Anakin gets announced at some point.

*prequelsfansorryguys*

Damn the likeness on ford is so impressive. Especially with the right lighting these figures' faces can almost look real. Dunno what happened with chewie though, that promo shot surprised me.

Man I'd kill for a Phase 2 Rex, OT Yoda & Emperor and of course a new Vader in this line...

Damn the likeness on ford is so impressive. Especially with the right lighting these figures' faces can almost look real. Dunno what happened with chewie though, that promo shot surprised me.

Man I'd kill for a Phase 2 Rex, OT Yoda & Emperor and of course a new Vader in this line...

Those are a must buy liat for me, along with quigon and ep 3 obi ani.

This is my highly specific wishlist, only main characters from each movie;
On green are the ones already released and/or announced.

The Phantom Menace

Destroyer Droid
Battle Droid

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Dart Maul

Qui-Gon Jinn

Attack of the Clones

Super Battle Droid
Jango Fett
Clone Trooper

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padme Amidala
Anakin Skywalker

Mace Windu
Count Dooku

Revenge of the Sith

Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Grievous
Anakin Skywalker

A New Hope

R2-D2
C-3PO

Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia

Han Solo
Chewbacca

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Imperial Stormtrooper
Darth Vader

The Empire Strikes Back

Yoda
Luke Skywalker

Boba Fett
Lando Calrissian

Return of the Jedi

Luke Skywalker
The Emperor
Emperor’s Royal Guard

The Force Awakens

Captain Phasma
Kylo Ren
First Order Stormtrooper

Rey
Finn

I hope that Bandai is moving beyond the movie sometime, it would be great to be completely independend from Hasbro in regards to more "obscure" characters, too. At the moment I am pretty sure we will get all the major characters and troops but it would be great to be able to get tv series characters like Ahsoka, characters from comics like Doctor Aphra and other characters from Bandai too and I wouldn't mind seeing them sooner rather than later.

A full complement of ESB Bounty Hunters would be cool. A Figuarts IG-88 would be really nice and he'd finally get the articulation he's so far been lacking. Bossk could be stellar too. Come to think of it, some Cantina aliens would be nice, a Hammerhead would rock.

A full complement of ESB Bounty Hunters would be cool. A Figuarts IG-88 would be really nice and he'd finally get the articulation he's so far been lacking. Bossk could be stellar too. Come to think of it, some Cantina aliens would be nice, a Hammerhead would rock.

A set of Figuarts Bounty hunters would be so unbelievably awesome. It's top of my wanted list.

Tamashii are very conscious about what will sell and what wont. Sorry, but obscure, little known characters have little chance of being released, ever.

If Tamashii thinks a character wont sell, you simply wont see it, they are all about that profit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tamashii are very conscious about what will sell and what wont. Sorry, but obscure, little known characters have little chance of being released, ever.

If Tamashii thinks a character wont sell, you simply wont see it, they are all about that profit.

That's pretty much the case with any company, so no surprise there but looking at community votes, many people like and want (!) obscure characters. Before the manipulation in the last Hasbro vote started, Darth Talon led by over 20.000 votes, so if you want to sell stuff, you should look at what the people want. maybe Tamashii should make their own vote (that isn't as easy to manipulate) in the future. I also think the bounty hunters are a must down the road, who doesn't want IG-88, Bossk and the others?

@Drew
Oh I think we're going to see a lot more. It was a cautious start but they already increased the number of figures this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there are even more releases next year. I am pretty sure we will see all main characters until 2020.

Tamashii are on a whole other level with that though wolfstark; Hasbro may occasionally put out the odd "who on earth is that" type character, but Tamashii needs to be certain they wont lose money on it before they will even consider it.

I actually went with the bandai model kit stormtrooper. It seemed to get positive reviews and was super cheap, so I figured why not. Hope it's not too complicated to put together.

The Bandai model OT Stormtrooper still beats out the SH Figuarts version (and their new Rogue One version). It's largely due to the helmet (which is just beautiful), and the wonderful shine to the plastic. I'd argue the Bandai is the definitive 1/12 OT Trooper.

Back