S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting one from Bandai online. Think they're out of stock now too!

Another thing to do for those that really want Luke from amiami is to set up page monitor extension to detect changes in the page. You can have it check every few sec and it will ding at you when it is hopefully back in stock.

Has anyone used this site before and can vouch for it?

They're fine. I've used them for years for Masterpiece transformers/figmas/Chogokin/etc.. Just received Transformers Masterpiece Hot Rod from them this morning. Every place has it's ins and outs. Only reported problems from A-E is that sometimes when you order multiples they don't check the numbers and only send 1 instead of the quantity you ordered and their customer service has been known to be hard to get a hold of (but that seems to have changed for the better starting this year). You have to pay for the item up front and then when it is in stock you request shipping and they pack it up and give you your choice of shipping method with actual shipping charge quotes.

They're fine. I've used them for years for Masterpiece transformers/figmas/Chogokin/etc.. Just received Transformers Masterpiece Hot Rod from them this morning. Every place has it's ins and outs. Only reported problems from A-E is that sometimes when you order multiples they don't check the numbers and only send 1 instead of the quantity you ordered and their customer service has been known to be hard to get a hold of (but that seems to have changed for the better starting this year). You have to pay for the item up front and then when it is in stock you request shipping and they pack it up and give you your choice of shipping method with actual shipping charge quotes.

Thanks so much for the insight! I placed an order with them for ANH Luke and I can always cancel it if needed.

Both you and the site mention this idea of "request shipping," so does that mean I will get an email when the item goes in stock, and then I "request shipping" from them and then they ship it? Or do I have to pay attention to when the item gets in stock on their site and then I contact them without first being prompted by them?

They are supposed to send out emails notifying you that your item is in stock. Doesn't always work out that way, but since these items have actual release dates you can just check your account and it will show you whether it is in stock or not. Then you 'check' all items that are in stock and request a shipping quote. They pack it and weigh it then send you an email with a link that allows you to choose (ems or SAL) shipping and it shows you the price. It's pretty easy and straight forward once you do it. Like amiami, you can't cancel your order unless you email them or do a paypal dispute (which would probably result in a closed AE account). The whole thing about requesting shipping is so that you can have a Pile Of Loot type system (like BBTS) where you can wait for other items to come in to make one shipment to save on shipping costs.

They are supposed to send out emails notifying you that your item is in stock. Doesn't always work out that way, but since these items have actual release dates you can just check your account and it will show you whether it is in stock or not. Then you 'check' all items that are in stock and request a shipping quote. They pack it and weigh it then send you an email with a link that allows you to choose (ems or SAL) shipping and it shows you the price. It's pretty easy and straight forward once you do it. Like amiami, you can't cancel your order unless you email them or do a paypal dispute (which would probably result in a closed AE account). The whole thing about requesting shipping is so that you can have a Pile Of Loot type system (like BBTS) where you can wait for other items to come in to make one shipment to save on shipping costs.

Thanks again for all the info! I tell ya, getting into collecting and shopping for figures is a whole new world of online shopping/procedures! I wasn't even aware of that type of loot system on BBTS, and I've never used or seen it anywhere else.

So you can complete an order for something but elect to not have it shipped until something else gets put up for order or gets in stock, which allows you to save on shipping? Like I said, this is all new to me!

Thanks again for all the info! I tell ya, getting into collecting and shopping for figures is a whole new world of online shopping/procedures! I wasn't even aware of that type of loot system on BBTS, and I've never used or seen it anywhere else.

So you can complete an order for something but elect to not have it shipped until something else gets put up for order or gets in stock, which allows you to save on shipping? Like I said, this is all new to me!

Yes, somewhere on the site I believe it says 60 days you can hold an item to wait for other stuff to get in. I haven't waited any longer than that to ship, but mostly I just wait until the end of the month and ship stuff out. That's usually good enough to get that months Transformers/Figuarts/Figma/etc all shipped out in one order. It helps to make importing from japan even cheaper than it already is, especially when you look at just how much places like BBTS charge for these.

amiami allows you to do a 'monthly order' so that you can wait until the end of each month to ship all the orders that arrived that month together. Pay when items arrive. Can't cancel.
hlj.com has a "private warehouse' that allows you to hold items for up to 60 days. Pay when items arrive. Can cancel whenever you want.
anime-export. Can hold for 60 days (some people have said they have waited longer). Pay item up front, shipping when in stock. Can't cancel.
nippon-yasan. (could have changed since the last time I used them) Can group orders together if ordered at the same time. Pay later (except for certain items pay up front). Can't cancel.
CDJapan. Don't know.

Those are the main japanese import sites I see people using. Anyone feel free to add/correct this info.

Yes, somewhere on the site I believe it says 60 days you can hold an item to wait for other stuff to get in. I haven't waited any longer than that to ship, but mostly I just wait until the end of the month and ship stuff out. That's usually good enough to get that months Transformers/Figuarts/Figma/etc all shipped out in one order. It helps to make importing from japan even cheaper than it already is, especially when you look at just how much places like BBTS charge for these.

amiami allows you to do a 'monthly order' so that you can wait until the end of each month to ship all the orders that arrived that month together. Pay when items arrive. Can't cancel.
hlj.com has a "private warehouse' that allows you to hold items for up to 60 days. Pay when items arrive. Can cancel whenever you want.
anime-export. Can hold for 60 days (some people have said they have waited longer). Pay item up front, shipping when in stock. Can't cancel.
nippon-yasan. (could have changed since the last time I used them) Can group orders together if ordered at the same time. Pay later (except for certain items pay up front). Can't cancel.
CDJapan. Don't know.

Those are the main japanese import sites I see people using. Anyone feel free to add/correct this info.

Awesome and very, very useful info. Thanks a ton!

CD Japan- you can cancel like HLJ.
Anime Export- the thing that concerns me a bit is the lack of encryption when shopping on their site.

CDjapan allows you to add an item to an existing pre-order as long as the two (or more) items release dates are close enough to each other. I can't remember exactly how close they have to be.

I do know they wouldn't let me add ANH Luke to my Mace Windu pre-order because their release dates were too far apart.

Anime Export- the thing that concerns me a bit is the lack of encryption when shopping on their site.

I didn't notice that, but even if I would have, I paid through PayPal, so it seemed legit and safe to me.

Just got my re-release Luke Jedi in the mail today from AmiAmi to go along with my Vader (original w/base), Maul & Kylo Ren. I must say I passed on the initial pre-order because I never had any intention of picking up too many of this line and I wasn't too crazy about the headsculpt(s) for a $42 figure. My 1st interest was for the unmasked Vader head since I had Vader, and Jedi Luke is my favorite version of Luke, but didn't think it was worth it. Then when it came out I liked the pictures of Vader with the head, so I got in a pre-order for the 2nd re-release. Now with it in hand I must say DAMN!!! The pictures do this guy NO justice no matter how well they are photographed. The head sculpt on both Vader and Luke are amazing for this scale. I collect way too much stuff to ever to be "all in" for a line, but this makes me wish I ordered more of these figures, and last night I had Luke ANH in my cart at AmiAmi after checking throughout the day and he was available again, but yet again I passed. Sorry I did after seeing this in person... :( I just collect too much stuff. :gah:

Just got my re-release Luke Jedi in the mail today from AmiAmi to go along with my Vader (original w/base), Maul & Kylo Ren. I must say I passed on the initial pre-order because I never had any intention of picking up too many of this line and I wasn't too crazy about the headsculpt(s) for a $42 figure. My 1st interest was for the unmasked Vader head since I had Vader, and Jedi Luke is my favorite version of Luke, but didn't think it was worth it. Then when it came out I liked the pictures of Vader with the head, so I got in a pre-order for the 2nd re-release. Now with it in hand I must say DAMN!!! The pictures do this guy NO justice no matter how well they are photographed. The head sculpt on both Vader and Luke are amazing for this scale. I collect way too much stuff to ever to be "all in" for a line, but this makes me wish I ordered more of these figures, and last night I had Luke ANH in my cart at AmiAmi after checking throughout the day and he was available again, but yet again I passed. Sorry I did after seeing this in person... :( I just collect too much stuff. :gah:
I know what you mean. I jumped in from the beginning. These are a few of the ones I have.

0f711f3c53848f9c033d8b9a33157a35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Pretty pissed at myself for missing the preorder for new hope luke.. not much I can do now but check the sites everyday. Does anyone know of any site that still has it in stock for preorder?

If anyone has an extra one on preorder I'd be willing to trade my figuarts mace windu for it.. I have 2 of them comming

Back