S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, Orbital, those pics are cool! This is probably unpopular, but I think the First Order Stormtroopers look cooler than the originals!

Oh don't get me started on Android 16. That was sheer lack of trying, making him itsy bitsy teeny weeny. Kinda like that Bowser that's coming out but anyways...

I would love RotS Anakin. That was my favorite of the prequels and I loved how dark Anakin became. I would love it if he came with a few younglings too to reenact "that" scene lol

Awesome! I looked on other forums, and it doesn't seem like not many people want Anakin. He's been my most wanted since the Figuarts line was announced!

I'm reading the novelization of Episode III, and I'm really liking it! The author is doing a great job of getting into the characters' heads! I'm curious how they're going to explain that scene with the younglings. No matter how well written it is, I don't think I'm going to want to re-enact that scene with Figuarts! :lol

You know, I've heard some complaints from people who've ordered from that site before. Experiences like people not receiving their order, over charging their CCs, etc. I'll keep looking though. But thanks for the suggestion!

Really? Wow. I'm just new to the import sites, the only one I know that works fine with is anime-exports (ordered Jedi Luke). Have you tried ami-ami, hlj and cdjapan? Do you know how good are they?

Nippon is fine. There are complaints like that for every commerce site ever.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I love how much more dynamic the figures look with those stands. I'm new to S.H. Figuarts. I'm assuming those are the Stage Act 4's? Anyone know where to get some for a decent price online? I'm in Canada and might have to go the Amazon route. They have them for $19.98US (not sure if that's good or not).

Really? Wow. I'm just new to the import sites, the only one I know that works fine with is anime-exports (ordered Jedi Luke). Have you tried ami-ami, hlj and cdjapan? Do you know how good are they?

Yeah, amiami, hlj, cdjapan, and hobby search are all pretty legit but unfortunately they're all sold out of the FO stormtrooper.

Nippon is fine. There are complaints like that for every commerce site ever.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

True. But Nippon is the worst option to consider if you were going to import from japan. If you are going to import from japan, then the options i mentioned above are much better.

Kylo came in today, haven't opened him up yet but damn! Amazing figure!

I think Jedi Luke and FO Trooper are next on my list.

And Obi Wan.

I love how much more dynamic the figures look with those stands. I'm new to S.H. Figuarts. I'm assuming those are the Stage Act 4's? Anyone know where to get some for a decent price online? I'm in Canada and might have to go the Amazon route. They have them for $19.98US (not sure if that's good or not).

Tamashii releases two waves of act stands per year. At that time you're able to pick them up for about $12, otherwise they're $20 from third-party sellers, just depends if you want to wait. I'm not sure when they come out next.

Kylo came in today, haven't opened him up yet but damn! Amazing figure!

I think Jedi Luke and FO Trooper are next on my list.

And Obi Wan.

I just got my Kylo Ren from HLJ and it really is something special. The hood is the only nit pick I have, other than that the DETAIL on the saber hilts?!?!?! Wow. I've really narrowed my interest in any of these lines down to the Darkside wielders, trooper examples of each generation and....well Mace Windu. I'm a sucker for the BMF Purple saber Jedi.

I'll skip the SHF First Order Trooper since the Mafex version will come with the shock baton, shield and E-11 Rifle in one package.

@Bane: ;)

First Order Stormtrooper photo review at Shishioh:

7-3.jpg

7-4.jpg

7-7.jpg

7-9.jpg
What stand is that?

Great pics of Kylo-Ren, everyone! I still don't know about Mafex Vader. He looks too skinny to me, and the bib looks odd. I'm just going to cross my fingers that Tamashii up-scales their Vader or someone else makes one.

I really wish they would announce an Episode 3 Anakin. I have to betray Old Luke, I need Anakin! :lol I think I'm going to regret not getting the Clonetroopers to line up behind him. Although, they showed off those re-paints, so I guess I'll be good.

If Episode 3 Anakin was announced I'd be happy. I'd buy two if he had a sith head or eyes like what they did with Captain America.

EP II Anakin would be nice too. If we got both, that would be awesome.

Tamashii releases two waves of act stands per year. At that time you're able to pick them up for about $12, otherwise they're $20 from third-party sellers, just depends if you want to wait. I'm not sure when they come out next.

Thanks for the help! I don't mind waiting because I'll be picking up quite a few to recreate the hanger scene. Also gives me time to save more funds. Between SHF, hot toys and black series releases, December was a very expensive.

Between all these choices for Storm Troopers I just don't know where to go. Mafex has an awesome OT one and the new First Order ones look sick and come with so many accessories. Problem is, I feel they may be too big to go well with the Figuarts line which is a tad smaller. Also the variety down the line may be lacking in terms of variations. Figuarts are great on most aspects except the price and the failure of the OT Trooper. Black Series has the variety and good size but then again the quality is an obvious step down. damn, I'm conflicted :gah:

I don't have any to help you with that, but I think the great thing about Storm Troopers is that you can have different heights since they aren't people!

This might help! It's from wraith1701 over at the Fwoosh: Hasbro, Model Kit, and Figuarts:

100_2991_zps5idc3tbr.jpg

I don't have any to help you with that, but I think the great thing about Storm Troopers is that you can have different heights since they aren't people!

This might help! It's from wraith1701 over at the Fwoosh: Hasbro, Model Kit, and Figuarts:

View attachment 231404

Funny how you can tell without any context which figure is which. Hasbro has a cheaper plastic quality look to it. The bandai models, while great, always looks sort of stiff and off a little bit in their posture. Figuarts always look the most natural to me.

I agree! Never mind, Prodigy, go with Figuarts!

Here's a pic of the Mafex. It's 6.3 inches, so I don't know if that's too tall for you. I also don't know how well the aesthetics match, which is why I'm hesitant about the Mafex Boba Fett:
Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Stormtrooper-MAFEX-001.jpg

Mafex looks pretty good as well. I know they will both end up on my shelf even though I sold off my Mafex Vader.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back