S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THANK YOU for sharing the links- I just placed an order for both of them! They didn't come up when I searched for them on Amazon and they are sold out on HLJ, Nippon Yasan, AmiAmi, Nin-Nin, and MyKombini (am I missing any other sites that I should've checked?), so THANKS AGAIN!

So what is the deal with these figures? I have nine Marvel and DC Mafex figures in my HLJ private warehouse right now, and I never had any problem at all securing a pre-order for any of them! Does Bandai manufacture fewer Star Wars figures than Mafex does for their Marvel and/or DC figures? Or maybe they offer fewer pre-orders on the Japanese sites for their Figuarts figures than Mafex does? Or is Star Wars and/or The Mandalorian just that popular right now for them to sell out almost everywhere in one overnight period (at least in the U.S.)?

How do you get the site to translate to English on your phone? Never mind I figured it out but it is not accepting my US Amazon email and password. So do you have to create a new Amazon account for Japan?

Last edited:
Wow. Big thanks for those AJP links! I checked all my normal import sites this morning and they all had order stops

Wow. Big thanks for those AJP links! I checked all my normal import sites this morning and they all had order stops

Yeah ...I had to time it ...when the right time hit ...I kept refreshing the sites.. Amiami popped up first but checking out after adding the Mando kept stalling the process but it lasted in preorder at least 30 minutes. So I couldn?t secure it.

HLJ was smooth but like I mentioned went less than 10-15 minutes before they sold out . I was frustrated because they didn?t pop up until maybe 5 minutes or so after the top of the hour and time , after getting my confirmation, I went back and saw it said both Mando and Child were limited to 1 per person

So I decided to check CDJapan ( which also didn?t show up right on the hour ) but they were sold out quickly as well,

Nippon Yassan and MyKombini had them on Thursday and sold out and never got them back in , even when today hit..same as Anime Export

After I checked those sites I went back to Amiami and of course they sold out

Checking throughout this whole time..I never saw them at Amazon jp until the links were posted.

I don?t know if these sites had limited stock or that everyone including myself went to order early because these weren?t exclusives and sold for retail price

But I?m glad HLJ got my order in but honestly these weren?t the easy to find for a preorder item :lecture

How do you get the site to translate to English on your phone? Never mind I figured it out but it is not accepting my US Amazon email and password. So do you have to create a new Amazon account for Japan?

Yep. You?ll need to setup a new account. Also, your current (US?) Prime membership won?t work. Still, it?s definitely worth the ?effort?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANK YOU for sharing the links- I just placed an order for both of them! They didn't come up when I searched for them on Amazon and they are sold out on HLJ, Nippon Yasan, AmiAmi, Nin-Nin, and MyKombini (am I missing any other sites that I should've checked?), so THANKS AGAIN!

So what is the deal with these figures? I have nine Marvel and DC Mafex figures in my HLJ private warehouse right now, and I never had any problem at all securing a pre-order for any of them! Does Bandai manufacture fewer Star Wars figures than Mafex does for their Marvel and/or DC figures? Or maybe they offer fewer pre-orders on the Japanese sites for their Figuarts figures than Mafex does? Or is Star Wars and/or The Mandalorian just that popular right now for them to sell out almost everywhere in one overnight period (at least in the U.S.)?

I think Mafex runs more like Hot Toys and has a long preorder period to make figures more to order. SHF tends to have a 6 months or less preorder time. So I think that's got something to do with it in addition to I think they don't make as many in general. Like these online outfits are selling out b/c of all the overseas customers, but then locally they may not be selling out and shelfwarming. So I can see them wanting to limit production so all they don't take these initial orders and then scale them up for the store releases, and then they don't sell.

Glad I could help

Thanks they are still available on Amazon jp

But not a fan of Amazon JP because you have to pay in full in advance and they are slightly raised prices than the import sites mentioned

But in this case...Amazon is only one that has them still up for preorder

But not a fan of Amazon JP because you have to pay in full in advance and they are slightly raised prices than the import sites mentioned

You don?t have to pay in full in advance on Amazon JP. Living in Japan, the import sites are not an option for me. They exclude the 10% sales tax compared to Amazon so that factors into the price. Amazon is just convenient.

No you pay when it arrives like regular amazon. No money until it ships

As the other guys said, you don't pay in full, and in fact the price goes down since they're amazon and the price always fluctuates. Between Figuarts, Mafex, and Transformers, Amazon Japan is the cheapest.

HUGE thanks for the AMAZON jp links.

Trying to create an account, the line saying, 'furigana' has me scratching my head a tad. Off to google translate. lol update: Google Translate didn't help. Guessing its a line for a username? LOL

Seems I got it done. Man, I wouldn't have thought the Beskar armor look would have been this popular? I actually love the initial appearance a tad more. Always dug the cobbled together look that always make the bounty hunters look cool..... that said, would not have wanted to miss this one at all and definitely getting the baby yoda add on.

Last edited:
I;ve gotten to the point with my star wars collectibles I just pre order and if I don't want by the time it arrives I sell it. Too many items become impossible to find at retail post release. See Mando black series for example. So I grabbed both beskar and non for this!

Patiently waiting for Amazon (US) to have either one of the Mandos up to preorder.

Patiently waiting for Amazon (US) to have either one of the Mandos up to preorder.

SH Figuarts said at least the non Beskar will not be in the US due to licensing issues. Whether it shows up on the con circuit is a diff matter. Was on their twitter a few months back.

SH Figuarts said at least the non Beskar will not be in the US due to licensing issues. Whether it shows up on the con circuit is a diff matter. Was on their twitter a few months back.

Really? That explains why it's been absent. I guess I'll watch eBay for that one and hope for a change with the Shiny.

No Star Wars SHF are sold in the US. Unless places like BBTS decide to buy them from import sites, you have to order from Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back