S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree that MAFEX "suck." There are pros and cons to each brand. With SHF, you generally get great QC and amazing human likenesses. (There are QC exceptions of course, such as Jango Fett.) With MAFEX, you typically get most of the accessories you could possibly need.

Initially yes, MAFEX had some inexcusable QC issues. I broke a few of their early The Dark Knight trilogy figures. But over the last couple of years there haven't seem to have been any significant issues. In fact, I would daresay the MAFEX Boba Fett is perhaps better than anything SHF has put out. Their Rogue One Darth Vader easily beats the two SHF has done as well. (And I say this as someone who strongly prefers SHF as a whole compared to MAFEX.)

I'd like to see more from both companies.

MAFEX has been great for the last year or two. Disappointed they’ve seemingly abandoned Star Wars as what they’re doing with the Dark Knight trilogy is fantastic.

Mafex did turn a corner on QC and quality, but also upped their prices by $20-25 too, so they should be better. I don't quite get why they aren't pursuing any other SW figures. Boba Fett was great; but I'm guessing like many of you I didn't get a single ST figure from them. At first it was because of subpar paint apps, I would've gotten Rey had she had a great quality face, but now I don't care to collect ST in general.

“The only thing I am surrounded by is fear. And dead men.”

Dark Apprentice cloak by @cjesim

Instagram: Toyswithtude
93f5f717e93c8cf82fd5baef732e3a4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. So hit and misses with inconsistent quality.

Mafex sucked at FIRST. But ever since they dropped their two Boba Fetts (Which many collectors sites gave figure of the year when it dropped), they've brought everything way up. Its still not Figuarts level of quality, and they can still be hit or miss, but they're absolutely more hit now than miss.

On the flip side, do you see how many people are breaking their wrist pegs with recent figuarts releases and releases? At least for Star Wars (I don't pay attention much to the other brands). Mafex and Hasbro have stepped everything up, while Figuarts got lazy being top dog. And it shows.

Mafex Phasma and Vader are still king (with the Black Series Vader being up there), and by the looks of the upcoming Figuarts Boba, the mafex one will probably still be king too.

Every company has its pros and cons.

The Princess has arrived. Very happy with her likeness in person. Especially the eyes looking left portrait. Wish her arms had more bend for holding her blaster but that's the drawback of the plastic used for cloth which I will take anyway over using cloth in this scale.

Very happy getting the trio from ANH.
ad5b149889b5c973ca63e87009bc1151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually how you swap hands - by removing that peg (which is attached to a hand obviously).

Boy did I look at that picture wrong, thought for sure that part could come out with a good tug.

Also, no sarcasm was intended..I honestly thought it came out..

I didn’t even bother with wrist ball joint swapping I just simply swapped into a new figure lol

623B5EDA-8545-4118-8027-7AE0010B2322.jpg
AFC67E5F-5EDC-45C0-B1D1-43592F4BEFA0.jpg
66D67F00-11A5-498D-B2AF-F5F25B413A18.jpg

I then took both figures and kept the best head from both and I have to say there was actually a significant enough difference between the two.

That's a sweet Arnie in the upper left.

It’s my crock pot shelf a big mix of movies lol

Yeah that’s the Enterbay BD T2 love it as most do.

Wow yea that Han head looks way better than mine!

I couldn’t believe how different the 2 heads I had in my hands were the one I sent back had a flatter face I swear it looked weird as if the head was a letter D than an O!

Collectibles, always a hit or a....

05830379-A4FF-4A78-9F66-6BB8A73CB51D.jpg

Last edited:
Back