S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is. I have him on a shelf next to Jedi Luke, Maul, and EP1 Kenobi and he fits right in. :dunno

Tried snapping a pic but it doesn't look anything like what i am seeing with my own 3 eyes. That talent continues to elude me.

Tell me about it. My display looks so much better in person. Didn't really have a good spot to fit in Old Ben, now I have no room for Ep III Anakin and have Obi-Wan and Dooku coming eventually with no room left for them, dang.

https://i.imgur.com/EueIHaN.jpg

I dont know about that. I just went back through 7 pages in this thread, and there was only one semi positive remark about anything Black Series, but there were plenty of posts from people complaining about people comparing Black Series to Figuarts. Im struggling to see all these posts that folks are complaining about.

That’s precisely my point. I don’t care what side of the argument anyone is on; the aggravated comments/comparisons have become a feature in this thread. I’m not interested in the BS figures (except for my Ahsoka one), I love the Figuarts despite some issues. I don’t need to bash BS figs to validate my purchases :)

This Anakin definitely has issues photographing. It happens with some 1/6 figures too where details just disappear. Almost everyone is just using their cell phones for pics so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

This Anakin definitely has issues photographing. It happens with some 1/6 figures too where details just disappear. Almost everyone is just using their cell phones for pics so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Yeah that, and these things are tiny compared to how they look onscreen - well depending on your screen i guess. But even if you are using a cellphone they can appear large. It all comes down to - you either like it or you don't. And if you don't that's fine as long as you have seen the figure with your own eyes.

I concede the figure could have been even better, i feel that way about a lot of figures though. Very few are perfect.

That’s precisely my point. I don’t care what side of the argument anyone is on; the aggravated comments/comparisons have become a feature in this thread. I’m not interested in the BS figures (except for my Ahsoka one), I love the Figuarts despite some issues. I don’t need to bash BS figs to validate my purchases :)

:duff Agreed 100%! I really do love the figuarts figures in my collection, though I do tend to mix and match my collection a bit as all lines seem to have their own strengths IMO.

:duff Agreed 100%! I really do love the figuarts figures in my collection, though I do tend to mix and match my collection a bit as all lines seem to have their own strengths IMO.

I’m intending to plug the second string characters and background with the Black Series..... tusksens, Jawas, Greedo, bounty hunters, Gammies....

The Black series aliens look great, I just hate that soft plastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not the best side by side comparison pic but for anyone wondering what exactly is different tooling wise and which has a better face sculpt. I actually think both Ep II and Ep III look pretty comparable to each other. I really only like the Ep II version better because he came with 3 sabers. Kinda wish this Ep III version came with a robe, or a burnt head and removable burnt limbs. Still, I'm a happy camper.

https://i.imgur.com/lJUSn1G.jpg

Not the best side by side comparison pic but for anyone wondering what exactly is different tooling wise and which has a better face sculpt. I actually think both Ep II and Ep III look pretty comparable to each other. I really only like the Ep II version better because he came with 3 sabers. Kinda wish this Ep III version came with a robe, or a burnt head and removable burnt limbs. Still, I'm a happy camper.

https://i.imgur.com/lJUSn1G.jpg

Probly saving that stuff for an exclusive. That's one thing I will bash SHF for. Like with the TFA Kylo, no reason that should've been an exclusive for just the unmasked head.

Probly saving that stuff for an exclusive. That's one thing I will bash SHF for. Like with the TFA Kylo, no reason that should've been an exclusive for just the unmasked head.

Oh I agree, that's one of the few SHF figures I cancelled, I was not happy about the price just for the same Kylo figure with an unmasked head. Plus the version they released for TLJ was better anyways so I grabbed that.

In their defense, I don't think anyone knew that Kylo would be taking his helmet off when they were designing the action figures for The Force Awakens.

In their defense, I don't think anyone knew that Kylo would be taking his helmet off when they were designing the action figures for The Force Awakens.

Fair point. I still think back on the original trailer and wonder "Kylo has his hood up in the forest for the saber duel at the end, was he originally wearing his mask still for that duel?" Im thinking of that specific shot in the trailer from behind him when he ignites his saber, his hood is up and I've always wondered if originally he wore his mask or at least his hood in his duel with Rey. She should have cut his mask off in the duel. Also, I realize this has nothing to do with figures, I went on a tangent I'm sorry!

I think that was a scene made just for the trailer tbh, so we wouldn't know he took the helmet off in the film.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello all (⌒‿⌒) for those who purchase Anakin Skywalker (Revenge of the Sith)
Please complete survey. Bandai want to hear your feedback and future figure development.

https://p-bandai.jp/enquete/1000006661_outline/

Please use google chrome to translate. Install plug in

Awesome, as much as I liked Anakin I slammed the face quality to help make sure its something they pay attention to going forward

New look at Yoda from the Tamashi Nations event. Hopefully there will be new Crait Luke pics soon as well as some reveals. Credit to Zeedman on Facebook 76285EEB-AA7A-48BF-8054-18A5D5CBC710.jpeg

The face on that Yoda looks so good it looks like someone just photoshopped a picture from a 4k copy of the film on the figures head. Very excited for that. We need that and a Crait Luke preorder NOW

4K copies of AOTC and ROTS will never exists. With how they shot those two movies a 1080p Blu-Ray is the best it's gonna get.

Back