S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40th Anniversary Darth Vader is definitely the best looking 1/12 Vader. The others don't come close.

Looks great. A little short though.

Should've been closer to this.
chewieheightedit.jpg

Still can't wait to get it.

Last edited:
I have eyes.

They're all too skinny and proportions are off.

Jon Titor is Trump.

Not even close, goofy looking helmet, the model kit is still better than that one, so no chance that it's better than the BS one.

Look at the pics, those are the facts.

BS has the most accurate head, most accurate height, most accurate proportions, slightly big chest panel, but that's the only issue with it.

I'm always partial towards imports and I hate Hasbro by default, but no, the figuarts/mafex vaders are way inferior in this case.
Several people have commented that they think the BS Vader chest box is too big, but it's really not. See this pic:
Nvader.jpg
My only complaint with the BS Vader is the dome sits too high and I am afraid of trying to remove it to reposition.:wink1:

Oh, then no complaints from me, I saw screencaps from SW where the box seemed to be smaller.

I find the helmet to be pretty much on point, must be a matter of lighting.

I think it should be a separate piece, I doubt they cast the head in one piece, I would try to detach it but not without warming it first.

I'll wait to see some finished photos for R1 Vader. He looks good but those hard plastic skirts just bug me.

They're not that bad actually, they do what you need them to on the ROTJ and they're more flexible than they look.

Last edited:
Got Chewie today. Very happy with the figure. The wrist pegs are a little too loose for my liking and the left arm articulation is limited in being able to bring the left hand over to his bowcaster. The head seams for replacing the face is not very flush either. But, those are small nitpicks. Overall, a great figure.

The height would still bother me and those joints look a little untidy. Hate to say it, but, if a BS had that paint job, I'd take it.

The perspectives are different in those pics. Look at the one on the previous page where they're mostly on the same line

Edit: Actually, he's a bit in front there, too. Kinda funny...BS too tall, this one too short. Such is scale life

With Chewie's mouth open, Han's head goes up to the opened mouth. Slightly short yes, but not as big a deal as the Vader

Chewie doesn't look very good to me. That dullcoat BS Chewie looks way better. Now I wonder how BS Jedi Luke would look with a matte black finish instead of their crap gloss.

If I buy something from amiami as a United Stares resident, what shipping option should I choose? DHL, EMS? What's cheapest bros?

Chewie doesn't look very good to me. That dullcoat BS Chewie looks way better. Now I wonder how BS Jedi Luke would look with a matte black finish instead of their crap gloss.

If I buy something from amiami as a United Stares resident, what shipping option should I choose? DHL, EMS? What's cheapest bros?

find the same item over on hlj and throw it in your cart to see the shippin price estimates, with SHF han i.e. it looks like ems is cheaper than dhl.

I don't think either of them look that much like Daisy. I'd have to see the SHF too, but none impress me much so far. The SHF Harley Quinn set a 1/12 femfig benchmark for me, she's 100% a mini Margot. If others don't measure up then I'm not getting them.

You are not John Titor and you have eyes... I got it! You have a crystal ball! Right?
Nope, just dem eyes that most people don't use.

I agree with you that the current BS Vader is awesome, but that was not so difficult considering the previous epic fails from any other company.
So, I can expect MAFEX RO Vader will be awesome and better than Black Series.
It won't.

I also can bet that any new SHF Vader will be better than the Hasbro one.
Probably.

I also have eyes, just like you :wink1:
If you think the RO Mafex Vader is good, then they ain't working boyo.

ok i tell u

RqNMcAN.png

ro vader mafex bad, bs vader good

there
The Black Series to me is very, very good especially considering it's Hasbro. The Mafex Rogue One Vader has arms that are too skinny and that damn rubber skirt which is a deal breaker for me. However I don't get the hate for the helmet; that's easily the best part of the RO Vader.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back