S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im curious why a few of you think the clone is the best? Isnt it the most restricted, articulation-wise?

Not dissing anyone, I mean I know it looks good, but its one figure I dont plan on getting because of the bad reviews regarding articulation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Honestly only articulation issue I have is the hip joint. But it pulls down to give it a better range of motion.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Oh? The reviews I watched (including fwoosh) didnt show the pull down hips, it just looked like a ball joint on the clone. That does change things, since the hips were one of my reasons for not buying. Still dont fancy the ep2 helmets though.

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation man! I guess the only thing keeping me from buying now is the helmets; was always an ep3 clone fan myself, so if tamashii make an ep3 501st or utapau clone I may end up buying them [emoji14]

If they start making all the crazy armour variants from Episode III, Bandai's annexation of my wallet will be complete.

Tell me about it. Thinking about it though, were there any basic white ep3 clones? I know Tamashii will likely do it just for an easy retool, but as far as I know by ep3 they all had battalion colored armor in some way.

The three I will definitely buy are the obvious ones; 501st, Utapau, shocktrooper.

Heads up guys/gals. ANH Luke is popping in and out of HLJ. Get him while you can.

I was able to buy one but my cart would not let me add another, so I checked out and made another,separate order. Do you think HLJ will void my order since I ordered at 2 different times?

Just came today

839fada0ec04c397527035e0b80ee172.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Waiting for the Mafex myself.

Oh? The reviews I watched (including fwoosh) didnt show the pull down hips, it just looked like a ball joint on the clone. That does change things, since the hips were one of my reasons for not buying. Still dont fancy the ep2 helmets though.
When I get an opportunity I'll post pictures but I agree I much prefer the phase 2. But still jumped on these.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I know it's a longshot. But while waiting for the next releases, i can't help but wish that they release figuarts versions of Count Dooku, Plo Koon, and Kit Fisto. Some of my favorite designs in the prequel trilogy

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I'm on season 2 of The Clone Wars and I want a Cad Bane Figuart so badly. You guys think they'll ever delve into The Clone Wars stuff? It is canon after all so I don't see why they couldn't do it

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I'm on season 2 of The Clone Wars and I want a Cad Bane Figuart so badly. You guys think they'll ever delve into The Clone Wars stuff? It is canon after all so I don't see why they couldn't do it

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk
They might, but IMO they'll focus on the movies first and at the rate with their releases on the SW line we might get him in a few years from now.

Defo waiting for the mafex version. Better scale and head sculpt options. Seems like the clear favourite for kylo. On that subject, which are the other best version of figures for both scale and accuracy for 6"? I know my Jedi Luke is clear best of type. But I'd vote for BS sandtrooper, my bandai model of storm trooper....even though the Elite series has best head sculpt. I know you guys don't like elite, but the poe dameron is also clearly the best at the moment. And Vader is also the best combination of scale and proportion. I'm hoping my shf scout will be the definitive version....but jury is still out on boba fett. My elite looks good but no cape, is a little large and not much articulation. My BS is great, but looks a little flat/plastic. Thoughts/votes?

Ps you can see I'm mainly into OT, with a little FA thrown in....but i do acknowledge how great the shf Darth Maul and obi wan is....just wished I could stand prequels to get them.....

Mafex has ESB and ROTJ Bobas on the way.
Yeah i pre-ordered them both. Hopefully by the time we get them, shf will release their own boba fett. (it's really impossible that they wont hehe)

Here's a Boba fett for you, a Boba Fett for me, a Boba Fett for everyone! Hahaha [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

It sure is fun to be a 6 inch figure collector these days. All the options. Same with kylo. I have the BS, the SHF, I'll also probably get the Mafex. We dont get these much options back in the day

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Tell me about it. Thinking about it though, were there any basic white ep3 clones? I know Tamashii will likely do it just for an easy retool, but as far as I know by ep3 they all had battalion colored armor in some way.

The three I will definitely buy are the obvious ones; 501st, Utapau, shocktrooper.

There definitely were still plain white Phase Two clones.

ArrcaDq.jpg

Incidentally there is no difference between the armour for Phase One and Phase Two. The only difference is the helmet. Even Sideshow include both helmets with their figures - a poor show from Bandai to make people buy the same figure twice over for, quite literally, a new hat.

ArrcaDq.jpg

Incidentally there is no difference between the armour for Phase One and Phase Two. The only difference is the helmet. Even Sideshow include both helmets with their figures - a poor show from Bandai to make people buy the same figure twice over for, quite literally, a new hat.

If you want to display both figures an extra head is useless. SS is the only company I know that has offered both helmets.

ArrcaDq.jpg

Oh I know there is artwork and figures of white phase two clones, I was just saying that we never see that in the clone wars or ep3. Thanks though!

Two white clones stood behind yoda and mace in revenge of the sith. The scene in the laat gunship - can't see their helmets though. Also there are lots of plain white clones in clone wars like on venator bridges, bonus content. Sorry if this reads like being an arse haha

If you want to display both figures an extra head is useless. SS is the only company I know that has offered both helmets.

I'd like the option, at least. As it stands, you can buy two Phase One clones and in the future (assuming Tamashii does make them), two Phase Two clones. If they'd included extra heads you could have four clones and display them however you wished depending on your mood.

Oh I know there is artwork and figures of white phase two clones, I was just saying that we never see that in the clone wars or ep3. Thanks though!

I could have sworn there were plain white clones somewhere in Episode III, but looking through some screenshots apparently not. Wouldn't mind some Utapau clones and a Commander Cody if they get round to it. Also wouldn't mind them including a spare plain white Phase Two head to retrofit the existing figures with.

I wonder if they'll produce any of the weird and wonderful armour and helmet variants?

Fn0D62V.jpg

Back