S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you're all right, just got some small Xmas tips burning a hole which I could use to over spend on Luke, just hard to pull the trigger at that price, and then there's the missus! I think I'll bite on the £48 Maul from Amazon as a start, probably the only figure I'd be willing to buy outside of the OT

Something is worth as much as you're willing to pay. If you pay more to get it now it doesn't make you a mug - people do this all the time with Hot Toys. If you really want it now and have the funds then get it - you will not be judged. Just don't be disappointed if it pops up cheaper later on.

Conversely, if you're not comfortable with spending extra, just be patient. Its up to you; do what is right for you :)

Asked a few questions on here about availibity of these fantastic figures over the last few days and have been pointed in the right direction by a few of you.
Trouble is I really want the Luke Skywalker figure but it seems I'm even too late for the reissue. £73 on Amazon now, pretty much the same from Nippon Yassan. Prices have been rising since I've been looking these past two days.
I was willing to pay over the odds for him this one time but it just seems too much for a 6" figure, there's a Darth Maul on Amazon for £48 which I'd definitely be in for if I could nab a Luke at a decent price but Maul is the only prequel character I'd be interested in, as cool as he is I don't really want to take the risk of just being able to get him.
Being a 7 year old when ROTJ came out Jedi Knight Luke was my favourite for years, didn't enjoy the prequels at all but there was always something very cool about Darth Maul, just don't know what to do!!!

FigInStock - Check restocks, new items from Mandarake or Amiami pre-owned, prices automatically

This is your friend, friend.

Cancer eh? Hmmm...

tumblr_m3r9hxTeai1rnyvae.gif

How about those space walls, huh?

1.jpg

This figuarts kylo ren is ugly out the box. The black series is better imo.

However he could look better, maybe if the neck becomes a bit longer. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figuarts kylo ren is ugly out the box. The black series is better imo.

However he could look better, maybe if the neck becomes a bit longer. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Black Series does look better and for over half the price.

That's like saying you prefer bologna to steak.

Look at that saber... That's rough.

kylo-ren-6inch-blackseries.jpg

I agree. Black Series does look better and for over half the price.

You always seem to pop up in this thread with the words "derp series > Figuarts" you forget that saying that isn't a fact but rather an opinion. I do mind if what I bought has gummy plastic, an inaccurate accessory (lightsaber), dreadful articulation and poor cloth that won't last long. Half the price? Sure we can agree to the price point, paying 20 USD for having those stated above? I'd call that a rip-off.

That's like saying you prefer bologna to steak.

Look at that saber... That's rough.

kylo-ren-6inch-blackseries.jpg

The Kmart exclusive saber is perfect. Plus it is easy to fix that one.

You always seem to pop up in this thread with the words "derp series > Figuarts" you forget that saying that isn't a fact but rather an opinion. I do mind if what I bought has gummy plastic, an inaccurate accessory (lightsaber), dreadful articulation and poor cloth that won't last long. Half the price? Sure we can agree to the price point, paying 20 USD for having those stated above? I'd call that a rip-off.

Don't forget that everyone in here gets mad that people like the BS over Figuart. No **** what I say is my opinion. Do I need to say it?

Let us not cry now everybody. I like something you don't. The world will go on.

Only figure that I like over Figuarts is Ren. All there other offerings are better than BS. The BS robe and Figuarts body... that is the best 6" Ren it seems.

Do you own the BS Ren?

I want my first SHF to determine whether I like to collect them but the price for cool characters more then I want to pay. Any place you guys recommend to buy in stock figure for $40 -$60 or is that low a price asking too much?

I want my first SHF to determine whether I like to collect them but the price for cool characters more then I want to pay. Any place you guys recommend to buy in stock figure for $40 -$60 or is that low a price asking too much?

Most of the Japanese e-trailers sell them for the ~$45 mark but they go quick.

Then I suggest getting Darth Maul/Luke or Maybe Obi-wan, those are fantastic SW Figuarts. if it is to set the tone for figuarts. if you're going for TFA then go with the first order trooper then Ren.

@FatHotei
I mean it's figuarts and I have to look at the Kylo Ren figure at an angle to look good on a museum pose out of the box. and doing dynamic poses i.e. knees bending pushes the belt up thus making the torso look shorter.

however I choose steak over anything :D

Last edited:
Then I suggest getting Darth Maul/Luke or Maybe Obi-wan, those are fantastic SW Figuarts. if it is to set the tone for figuarts. if you're going for TFA then go with the first order trooper then Ren.

@FatHotei
I mean it's figuarts and I have to look at the Kylo Ren figure at an angle to look good on a museum pose out of the box. and doing dynamic poses i.e. knees bending pushes the belt up thus making the torso look shorter.

however I choose steak over anything :D

Thanks for the advice guys. Those are the ones I'm considering with my first purchase......really like Luke, Maul and Ren....then Obi and FO Trooper. I saw pics of a few upcoming releases from a toy fair and damn.....6 in figures that look awesome has me going back n forth.

Back