S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowser is smaller than Luigi, that's not acceptable. He is consistently significantly larger than Mario, and only in spin offs is he maybe only slightly taller like Smash Bros. Remember, this is based off the Super Mario games, NOT Smash Bros! There's no excuse. IF this was branded under Smash Bros or something, whatever.

You know it's bad that they didn't even listen to us either.

*cough*DarthVader*cough*

he's not so bad. should it be a half inch taller? yes of course, but even though he's underscaled, he's still taller than Luke without a doubt. However if he was the same size or SHORTER than Luke, then that's a dealbreaker.

they just totally & utterly dropped the ball on Bowser, and I won't be surprised if this is the release that kills their SHF Mario Bros. line (just like how MMZ Zero essentially tanked & was the final nail in the coffin for their Mega Man line, Superman with their Injustice line who is shorter than Batman & Joker being taller than BOTH OF THEM, etc.)

Thanks for the reminder Sachiel! Yes, Vader is also undersized, but as crisis mentioned...the size comparison between Vader to Luke/Stormtroopers doesn't compare to the embarrassment of Bowser's size in the Nintendo Figuarts world. Complete mistake.

Honestly don't know what they were thinking. Sure they aren't the best with scale but it's been panned by nearly everyone and for good reason. He's just a more ferocious looking Koopa. Mario could jump on him and get a coin or two at that height, it's pathetic.

Sadly they'll still sell out since there's people that don't care about scale (which I will never understand). In their point of view, why make it accurate and spend more money on more plastic if it'll sell either way? Hopefully it's a failure and most don't buy it. That'll show em.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

That Bowser seriously needs a mushroom. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to skip this one and get the Jakks version instead. Hopefully this one doesn't sell too good so tamashii learns from their mistake. But instead they'll probably cancel the line and wonder what happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nobody should buy this figure. Let's take a stand and show Tamashii that the collectors hold all the cards.

#BoycottBowser

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

he's not so bad. should it be a half inch taller? yes of course, but even though he's underscaled, he's still taller than Luke without a doubt. However if he was the same size or SHORTER than Luke, then that's a dealbreaker.

they just totally & utterly dropped the ball on Bowser, and I won't be surprised if this is the release that kills their SHF Mario Bros. line (just like how MMZ Zero essentially tanked & was the final nail in the coffin for their Mega Man line, Superman with their Injustice line who is shorter than Batman & Joker being taller than BOTH OF THEM, etc.)
Vader isn't so bad either, and is far from his issues in my eyes.

Jesus, that's a horrifying thought on the Mario line. We still need Wario, Peach and Daisy! Might be too early to say on Injustice but...you could be right. But this scale is bad...and the articulation seems strangely limited. Why can't he bend his arms?

Prod's right, there are people who don't care about scale. While it's not a bad thing, this is unacceptable in this case. Man lately, when Tamashii drops the ball...they really drop it. I don't know if I want to buy this for line consistency...or wait in the case that we get a Bowser variant of some kind....or heaven forbid, a price drop. This line does not sell too well, so that's a thing.

It will be really sad when placed next to jakks pacifics, 4" Bowser Jr. Figure and Bowser i either the same size or shorter. Shame on you tamashi. Look at Broly from DBZ. can you imagine if they did this with that figure? Come oooon. *continues to shake finger*

It wouldn't have been as bad....but the rage would be real.

It would be legendary. This is probably even worse though.

Adam Newman interview from Toy Fair.

Really interesting points in here. Took him 5 years to get TMNT. They have big plans for their DC Comics at SDCC.

SO basically he pretty much just unofficially confirmed the Injustice line is dead, since they're moving on to other DC properties. It would be wise for them to focus on the Dawn of Justice/Justice League property like how they're doing Age of Ultron & Civil War

What my main problem is how can Tamashii justify bowsers price? He's not that articulated so there arnt that many pieces and he's the same size as Mario but costs as much as a monster arts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like SHF will be picking up the slack after the Ultra-Act line has apparently stagnated. The scale seems to be smaller than Ultra-Act, so they will probably scale a little better with Monsterarts. Which is nifty. That Baltan looks so good :drool:

tuika_thum.jpg

pop02.jpg

lineup03_thum02_zoom.jpg

t_option_main01.png

More pics here. ??????? ? S.H.Figuarts ?????? ???????? | ????

I said this when I first saw it and I'll say it again. That Ultraman looks like he has an ass facing forwards

I'm glad they touched on some naruto. Wish they went further with the Mario line as well as the famous personalities line too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back