S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear he wants to do Pacific Rim and may be actively pursuing it. I hope it comes through :pray:
Neca while they do make good sculpts, are a little weak on articulation. I'd be interested to see what sh figuarts has to offer for Pacific Rim. I'll see to it that sh figuarts gets a mention when I see Guillermo again. He often comes to Toronto for his masterclasses at the Bell TIFF Lightbox Theatre. Plus, I knew him from working on the set of Pacific Rim. Woulda brought some sample shf figures but seeing as he owns a few sh monsterarts, I probably don't need to.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Neca while they do make good sculpts, are a little weak on articulation. I'd be interested to see what sh figuarts has to offer for Pacific Rim. I'll see to it that sh figuarts gets a mention when I see Guillermo again. He often comes to Toronto for his masterclasses at the Bell TIFF Lightbox Theatre. Plus, I knew him from working on the set of Pacific Rim. Woulda brought some sample shf figures but seeing as he owns a few sh monsterarts, I probably don't need to.

Yeah their articulation is mixed at times, they strangely change it at times for seemingly no reasons. Like their DMC Dante had very fragile looking wrist joints that do not hold the hands well, and it feels limited though the sculpt is fantastic.

Yeah their articulation is mixed at times, they strangely change it at times for seemingly no reasons. Like their DMC Dante had very fragile looking wrist joints that do not hold the hands well, and it feels limited though the sculpt is fantastic.
And leg articulation on their Terminator figures are awkward. Like one leg would have thigh swivel and the other would not.

Been harder to get in reach with Guillermo del Toro these days. He used to be pretty active on his message forum where he would post as GDT. Not even guaranteed he'll reply now that he's officially joined Twitter.

And leg articulation on their Terminator figures are awkward. Like one leg would have thigh swivel and the other would not.

Been harder to get in reach with Guillermo del Toro these days. He used to be pretty active on his message forum where he would post as GDT. Not even guaranteed he'll reply now that he's officially joined Twitter.

Yeah that too. I would mention their Keaton Batman, but that thing may have had more movements than Keaton did in his actual batsuit. I don't like how they handled the hands on that though.

Good to know on the Terminators, I plan to pick up some of them, but that's still weird.

Yeah. I have several of the neca figures. My problem with them is they don't hold up very well. Ive had a lot of them break right out of the packaging. Probably just my luck but still frustrating. That and having to buy multiple Gipsy Dangers to get all the bells and whistles. Whereas a Tamashi GD would likely include most of those items in one packaging.

Their kaiju i haven't had a problem with though. Besides the sometimes underwhelming paint, they are pretty solid figures.

Yeah. I have several of the neca figures. My problem with them is they don't hold up very well. Ive had a lot of them break right out of the packaging. Probably just my luck but still frustrating. That and having to buy multiple Gipsy Dangers to get all the bells and whistles. Whereas a Tamashi GD would likely include most of those items in one packaging.

Their kaiju i haven't had a problem with though. Besides the sometimes underwhelming paint, they are pretty solid figures.
I haven't bought any of Neca's Pacific Rim figures but I've only just recently bought Neca's Terminator line. Their body sculpts look fine for the most part but articulation is lacking.

Last time when I chilled with Guillermo on set, I tried very hard to convince him to cast Hong Kong actors for a Pacific Rim sequel. I hope he listens. I vouched strongly Sean Lau. Anthony Wong is a close second. Wong and Perlman on screen together would be so magical.

The breakage is still a widespread issue considering their recent 7" DC figures, but that was on an a really bad scale (specifically Reeve Superman)

Paint can also be problematic, oh yeah.

Watching the NYTF video with Adam Newman talking about SH considering different IP makes me wish for an Akira line. There are so many characters from the comic that I would love to have.

Maybe if they ever put out a live action Akira it will generate enough interest to justify some toys.

Watching the NYTF video with Adam Newman talking about SH considering different IP makes me wish for an Akira line. There are so many characters from the comic that I would love to have.

Maybe if they ever put out a live action Akira it will generate enough interest to justify some toys.

I don't think Akira would need the hype. It might be one of those classics that always sells. I don't think I've seen an Akira collectible that didn't sell out relatively fast.

SO basically he pretty much just unofficially confirmed the Injustice line is dead, since they're moving on to other DC properties. It would be wise for them to focus on the Dawn of Justice/Justice League property like how they're doing Age of Ultron & Civil War

I would consider the Injustice line to have been risky from the get-go. I don't believe it's a video game that is continuously played and there hasn't been a sequel. Mortal Kombat would have been the ideal way to go for Tamashii to work with Warner Bros. and video game releases.

The problem with Tamashii's Marvel Cinematic Universe releases is that they're very far behind. Ultron will be released after an entire year since the Age of Ultron film. I don't even know if they still plan to release Hawkeye and Black Widow from Age of Ultron. Hopefully they scrapped those attires and used the parts for Civil War. Luckily Captain American and Iron Man will be released May/June. Those releases will take at least 10 months if they continue to release 1 per month. Infinity War Part I isn't until late 2018 so they have time before any major changes will be made.

With that in mind, Tamashii will have an entire year's worth to work on Justice League releases. I think that would be their best route. The film is already in pre-production with some of the suits completed. (From what we can see in the photo, The Flash's suit looks spectacular. Aquaman will be given another suit that looks badass.) SDCC is in July and Justice League will be well into production with photos of the majority of characters out for the public to view.

I would kill for Adam's job. He's a lucky sob

I really want to pick at his brain.
:mwaha

He looked tired as fawk though in that video though. I was hoping to talk with him at NYCC but he wasn't there.

Good to hear he wants to do Pacific Rim and may be actively pursuing it. I hope it comes through :pray:

Me too! They just announced the director for the sequel so maybe they'll be wanting to licensing it out. Tamashii can get a start on the first film's Jaegers and Kaijus in the mean time.

Never had GDT answer my tweets before but here goes nothing. I asked him directly if there's any chance we'll see sh monsterarts or robot damashi for pacific rim.

Idk, Pikachu turned out weird looking. Too many unsightly joints and he looks more like a Pikachu robot than anything else. I'm gonna pass on it.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

They based it on the chubby Pikachu as opposed to the recent thinner one. Strange. I think if it was thinner it'd look more normal.

Back