S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$69.99 at BBTS
d019f334-cd83-4492-a489-ce4fdbb2a047.jpg

Seriously considering Vega he looks amazing
Not dipped into the Street Fighter line but think I might start now

Going to be hard to find a legit Ryu & Ken now though I think

Wonder if they'll do Guile soon

Neil

Most likely waiting for Storm to release him and then Tamashii will do their own.

SHF Spike from Cowboy Bebop arrived a few minutes ago.

I just messed around a bit so it's too soon for a fully review, but in general, seems good.

You get hit by a rubbery smell...a lot of the figure uses very soft rubber for the clothes, not unlike the Play Arts Kai. I haven't dragged that one out of storage to compare, but I will later. At first glance, SHF has better proportions....his legs are THIN. Seems like a good range of motion but getting him to stand unassisted in wild poses or even vanilla might be tough The PAK figure had broad shoulders, almost too broad...the SHF seems more correct.

I love the fact that one of his faces has a cigarette permanently attached. Not at all "PC" these days but hey, dude was a chain smoker. The teeth gritted face might be the best one too. The neutral, which it's packaged wearing, has the least "personality" cause he usually made some crazy faces on the show. My first nitpick is the hair: they went WAY too heavy on the green wash. This is an attempt to give anime characters a "seaweed" color hair but here it's just a tad overdone.

He's a short figure...definitely under 6 inches, (Mafex Clockwork Orange Alex is a good head taller,) and also a very "slight" figure, but again, that goes with his character model. He's at least a bit shorter then any figure iue e always had those long, thin "Lupin III" style legs with bog round Lupin feet. My only concern is shelf diving over time...no peg holes in his feet too. Seems like a decent range of motion for the relevant joints...should be a fun figure. For the most part he doesn't have that "brittle" feel that some SHF/Mafex have, but more rubbery from the clothing overlays.

I'll give more thoughts later, but first impressions is: he's cool. Hope Vicious and maybe even Julia make it to figure form someday.

Main potential negative is the thinness of all the limbs and the potential to shelf dive in hot humid weather.

Time will tell but so far....I dig it1

Messed around a bit and figure I'll let the pictures do the talking....took some comparisons to the older PAK figures and in my opinion this thing wins, not just in size but in proportions, outfit sculpt, and face options. He comes package with "stoic" face on, but the smirking, smoking, and grimacing face are all better and capture Spike's spirit.

Vicious is so big....fingers crossed they actually release the SHF version they sculpted.

Also, compared him to my two Lukes, my only other SHF figures. Height is almost the same but Spike is so lanky and skinny he looks a lot smaller. Also one pic with his "ride," The Swordfish II which was offered by Bandai ten years ago but is getting a re-release.....grab it now if you want it!

cgarette1.jpg
swordfish.jpg
shf.jpg

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 147
  • faces.jpg
    faces.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 155
  • swords.jpg
    swords.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 148
  • spike face.jpg
    spike face.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 155
Messed around a bit and figure I'll let the pictures do the talking....took some comparisons to the older PAK figures and in my opinion this thing wins, not just in size but in proportions, outfit sculpt, and face options. He comes package with "stoic" face on, but the smirking, smoking, and grimacing face are all better and capture Spike's spirit.

Vicious is so big....fingers crossed they actually release the SHF version they sculpted.

Also, compared him to my two Lukes, my only other SHF figures. Height is almost the same but Spike is so lanky and skinny he looks a lot smaller. Also one pic with his "ride," The Swordfish II which was offered by Bandai ten years ago but is getting a re-release.....grab it now if you want it!

View attachment 451302
View attachment 451303
View attachment 451304

Wow he’s already out? I guess the waiting game starts now with the question, are we getting the rest of the crew

Spike is a fun figure, but he can't stand to save his life. He's a shelf diver. Every time I glance away, he's on the floor. No stand was included either.

Thankfully, I had an extra from my MAFEX Boba Fett. But it's a rather big unsightly thing and Spike is really slim and svelte, but I found a configuration that just MIGHT work and not be so intrusive. I'll try to snap a pic of it later.

If you're planning on getting this guy, and please do, he's fun....plan on finding some way to keep him standing!

I gushed about this guy, but he seriously has the worst balance of any figure I own. Must be cause he's long and thin like Jack Skellington.

Well, I hate the big giant arm harness holding him from behind. So i did my best to drill holes in his feet (careful not to drill all the way to the other side...very small feet after all) and I managed to get him standing on an old generic round 3 3/4 inch figure base.

Fingers crossed. I have no doubt as soon as I leave the room he'll be on the floor again.

I gushed about this guy, but he seriously has the worst balance of any figure I own. Must be cause he's long and thin like Jack Skellington.

Well, I hate the big giant arm harness holding him from behind. So i did my best to drill holes in his feet (careful not to drill all the way to the other side...very small feet after all) and I managed to get him standing on an old generic round 3 3/4 inch figure base.

Fingers crossed. I have no doubt as soon as I leave the room he'll be on the floor again.

Would double sided tape work?

I'm happy that there's Figuarts Detective Conan. I loved that show along with Dragon Ball, Lupin, and Yu Yu Hakusho during my teenage years. I'm also glad that I didn't buy the FigFix version because that one has no articulation :)

Really hope they do yuyu hakusho soon. Would love a toguro bros figure

I wanna get that Spike Spiegel but I think I’m going to wait until they reveal/release Jet, Faye, & Ed

Cowboy Bebop Spike is already on deep discount on amazon japan just weeks after release. Not a good sign. I think that means are chances of getting Vicious and the rest are way more than a long shot.

Biggest problem is the guy simply can't stand on those pipe cleaner legs. It's starting to get HOT and HUMID in Japan this week...all over the country this guy is gonna be shelf diving, and that's gonna make collectors made when they come home and see him on the floor. Even mine, that I physically screwed into a figure stand was buckling at the knees when I got home today.

Bummer. I really wanted Vicious to go with him.

Back