Rocky III 1/3 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is the new Rocky III 1/3 statue by Edinho Maga, it's limited to only 50.

Attachments

• 14976351_10210966853310994_4940102073162530811_o.jpg
    14976351_10210966853310994_4940102073162530811_o.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 14906859_1304591739564786_254079931654370260_n.jpg
    14906859_1304591739564786_254079931654370260_n.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 209
Edinho Maga use to sell licensed Rocky statues through Hollywood Collectibles but he didn't like their paint apps so he now sells his statues directly. Sylvester Stallone has mentioned and buys Maga's Rocky and Rambo statues and he has contacted him about doing custom statues, so Maga's work is respected by Stallone.

What are your issues if the statue is unlicensed?

I always thought they were licensed and he was working directly with Stallone/Stallone's mgt.

I have the 1:4 scale Rocky II and the 1:4 HCG Rambo-love them both. I was going to contact him for a price on the Rocky III. Anyone have a ballpark figure on this?

No disrespect to the sculptor himself, but something always looks VERY off about most of his statues. The proportions are always screwed up, he just can't seem to get it right.

No disrespect to the sculptor himself, but something always looks VERY off about most of his statues. The proportions are always screwed up, he just can't seem to get it right.

Do you own a single one of his statues? In hand may change your mind.

Sylvester Stallone mentions his love for his work, but he must be wrong since you just set us all straight.

Sylvester Stallone mentions his love for his work, but he must be wrong since you just set us all straight.

The Rocky2 victory one has perfect proportions and the Rambo4 archery one was fairly good .... but others are a little off. Often it's the muscle structure.
In this one the shoulders and chest seem much too pronounced and thick.
Sculpt is probably the best he's done though!

$755? Only 50 made?? That seems like a great deal. I agree that some of the statues are "off" but I can overlook because of my love for this franchise.

No I don't, I don't care for his work. His sculpts are subpar and his statues are never proportionally accurate. I don't give two ****s if Stallone "loves" his statues.

You can sit there in all seriousness and say this looks good? :slap:slap
Look at the differences.
8a21888750a32652d8816cb9f17a4e65.jpg

rocky-iii.jpg

Attachments

• 8a21888750a32652d8816cb9f17a4e65.jpg
    8a21888750a32652d8816cb9f17a4e65.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 105
The pic you posted isn't the final version, this one that I previously posted is, a lot better and different, but if you don't like his work I respect that, to each his own.

14976351_10210966853310994_4940102073162530811_o.jpg

I can't see a difference in the picture you posted. Proportions to me are just a huge part of sculpting. Besides the sculpt which I don't particularly care for, the gloves, forearms, legs, shoes, chest, etc. are all very off in that regard. If you like it, more power to you. I was simply saying that judging by those pictures I'm pretty disappointed. The Rocky 3 poster "look" is one of my grail characters. I hope someone can do it justice one day. Blitz way absolutely nailed it with their Rocky 2 statue.

I can't see a difference in the picture you posted. Proportions to me are just a huge part of sculpting. Besides the sculpt which I don't particularly care for, the gloves, forearms, legs, shoes, chest, etc. are all very off in that regard. If you like it, more power to you. I was simply saying that judging by those pictures I'm pretty disappointed. The Rocky 3 poster "look" is one of my grail characters. I hope someone can do it justice one day. Blitz way absolutely nailed it with their Rocky 2 statue.

I agree with you that certain proportions aren't 100% screen accurate, but I don't know if he's looking for 100% screen accuracy or he's making his own interpretation of the character.

Blitzway Rocky II statue which I have is spot on perfection, but here's the deal, am not into waiting years for something that may never happen, and I like his work, I bought his Rocky II 1/4 from him and it comes with a sound system base that plays "Yo Adrian, I Did it" Love it lol

On waiting for someone to do a Rocky III poster image statue, good luck with that, it probably won't happen ever, as good as the Blitzway Rocky II statue is, it still hasn't sold out and the Rocky license usually doesn't get anything high end, I would love to see XM Studios or a cheaper price point made by Mcfarlane for Rocky, I have the Jakks line and the new Neca line, but those are 6 inch cheap action figures, am looking for statues because am not into 1/6, so for me Maga has given me some options, you can't complain about his two Rambos and his Rocky II 1/4 with Rocky holding the belt over head, what do you think of that one?????? I'm afraid to hear your opinion on that one, please be kind and show me a little compassion, I don't want to have to throw it in the garbage lol.

Yeah you're right, unfortunately Rocky gets the short end of the stick when it comes to high end collectibles. NECA has done an amazing job with their Rocky figures. The level of accuracy and detail for a $20 figure at that scale is mind-blowing. I do like Maga's post fight Rocky 2 statue, that one seems to have gotten a lot more love and effort than this in my opinion.

It's to bad Neca doesn't release a few versions of Rocky in 1/4 scale like they have done with Batman 66 and 89. Those would be awesome in that scale.

Back