Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just came back from watching it. Was pretty average for me...but my GF likes it. She said you can feel the pain of Alex Murphy.

Spoiler Spoiler:

They totally got him back in the silver suit to set it up for a sequel.

Just came back from watching it. Was pretty average for me...but my GF likes it. She said you can feel the pain of Alex Murphy.

Spoiler Spoiler:

They totally got him back in the silver suit to set it up for a sequel.

That's the problem with all these films, they're only concerned about sequels and not the here and now.

Yeah, I mean what if it just isn't well received by moviegoers and doesn't get a sequel? What if having him in that cooler looking silver suit from the beginning would have ensured this film would do better box office?

This was the big shame about T4 being set in 2018 and not getting to the good stuff that everyone wanted to see in the first place. The film just wasn't good enough to earn sequels to complete their stupid trilogy plan. And they're making exactly the same mistake again too. T5 - the first in a planned new trilogy :slap And a new TV show too. Where is this confidence coming from? How is it justified after 2 mediocre films and a show that got cancelled after 2 seasons?

Yeah, I mean what if it just isn't well received by moviegoers and doesn't get a sequel? What if having him in that cooler looking silver suit from the beginning would have ensured this film would do better box office?

This was the big shame about T4 being set in 2018 and not getting to the good stuff that everyone wanted to see in the first place. The film just wasn't good enough to earn sequels to complete their stupid trilogy plan. And they're making exactly the same mistake again too. T5 - the first in a planned new trilogy :slap And a new TV show too. Where is this confidence coming from? How is it justified after 2 mediocre films and a show that got cancelled after 2 seasons?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, I'm pretty sure this movie wasn't made with a sequel in mind at all, and the final reverting back to the silver suit was just a way of showing how ridiculous the current world has become in terms of products and business/manufacturing stuff.

Talking to a girl at work about this because she wants to go see it and I said 'So the reviews are looking about as expected, not very good.' She replied with 'It looks like a good bit of fun.' I say to her 'apparently that's the main problem, it take itself too seriously and the violence has been taken out, the original had a lot of humour and was pretty brutal'.............................'I haven't seen it' she says with a slight pause. I turn back round in my chair and I forget that she exists.

True story.

Back