Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more than interested in seeing the new movie and have no fear of liking it more than the original, because the first robocop will not be topped in suit design or in the graphic shocking horror, I don't see the new movie being as a treat, more of a hopefully interesting new take that will breathe some new life into the series.

Was supposed to see this last Thursday but plans changed :( . Will be checking it out coming Thursday. Can't wait :)

Liked it.

It is actually pretty decent.

Yes I do think it is good enough that some newbs won't be ashamed of themselves to say ''prefer it to the original'' - and that's what everyone in here fears, even guys like me, Difabio and Nova. I don't want people to say that, I want them to see and respect the original, then and only then being permitted to like this one.

Its very very different to the original, the whole angle they take on it. But it is likeable the way it plays out. I think its Nolan's Batman to Burton's Batman. You can prefer to watch one or the other but it doesn't mean the other is crap (except TDKR, which really was)

I am slightly conflicted in how I feel about that point actually because it goes against the grain of my MOS rants and my wish that Superhero films generally would stop with the Nolan $h!t and go back to fantasy. This Robocop feels less fantasy and more like its going for the real-world Nolan-type stuff. I feel like I'm showing a double standard there in being open to it here, I dunno.

Oldman and Keaton were brilliant, loved every scene they were in. Robocop himself or indeed Alex/Murphy as he is mostly referred to in the film (it makes sense in the movie) is good, I did find myself rooting for him, maybe not quite as much as Weller.

I'll mention a few other things in spoiler tags

Spoiler Spoiler:

You LIKED it?!?!?!?!?
That's something I would've never guessed!
I found it worse then 3 actually.
I had no sympathies for the new Murphy, no really cool scenes...the best scene was him against the 4 ED's, but that's it.
The silver suit looked the best, but...that really was it.
I simply can't even tell what it all was...it was all in all really bad.
No suspense like you said....I dunno...just totally disappointed and I will not own this.
The most soulless and crappy remake I've ever seen and no wonder no one from the original is in there.
They prolly saw and said: "We won't have anything to do with this."
One of the worst movies I've ever seen, together with Silent Hill 2.

Has anyone watched any of the Our Robocop Remake videos on YouTube yet?

Scene 27 had me laughing so hard

I'd link it but I think it may be against the rules, it's the scene where robocop shoots that guy in the junk, only 're-imagined' if you will.

Find it and watch it. So funny

Liked it.

It is actually pretty decent.

Yes I do think it is good enough that some newbs won't be ashamed of themselves to say ''prefer it to the original'' - and that's what everyone in here fears, even guys like me, Difabio and Nova. I don't want people to say that, I want them to see and respect the original, then and only then being permitted to like this one.

Its very very different to the original, the whole angle they take on it. But it is likeable the way it plays out. I think its Nolan's Batman to Burton's Batman. You can prefer to watch one or the other but it doesn't mean the other is crap (except TDKR, which really was)

I am slightly conflicted in how I feel about that point actually because it goes against the grain of my MOS rants and my wish that Superhero films generally would stop with the Nolan $h!t and go back to fantasy. This Robocop feels less fantasy and more like its going for the real-world Nolan-type stuff. I feel like I'm showing a double standard there in being open to it here, I dunno.

Oldman and Keaton were brilliant, loved every scene they were in. Robocop himself or indeed Alex/Murphy as he is mostly referred to in the film (it makes sense in the movie) is good, I did find myself rooting for him, maybe not quite as much as Weller.

I'll mention a few other things in spoiler tags

Spoiler Spoiler:

I see plant money falling out of your pockets!!

You LIKED it?!?!?!?!?
That's something I would've never guessed!
I found it worse then 3 actually.
I had no sympathies for the new Murphy, no really cool scenes...the best scene was him against the 4 ED's, but that's it.
The silver suit looked the best, but...that really was it.
I simply can't even tell what it all was...it was all in all really bad.
No suspense like you said....I dunno...just totally disappointed and I will not own this.
The most soulless and crappy remake I've ever seen and no wonder no one from the original is in there.
They prolly saw and said: "We won't have anything to do with this."
One of the worst movies I've ever seen, together with Silent Hill 2.

So you're saying you liked it?

Not counting you Endo because you seemed open to it but didn't like it after seeing it so fair enough but for everyone else - its a pride thing as much as anything else at this point. You chaps have been so vehemently opposed to this film, taking every single opportunity to slate it or to sarcastically jab at anyone who isn't doing the same that you can't afford to like it now. Or at least you won't admit it if you do. I hope at least some of you prove me wrong. :D

Not counting you Endo because you seemed open to it but didn't like it after seeing it so fair enough but for everyone else - its a pride thing as much as anything else at this point. You chaps have been so vehemently opposed to this film, taking every single opportunity to slate it or to sarcastically jab at anyone who isn't doing the same that you can't afford to like it now. Or at least you won't admit it if you do. I hope at least some of you prove me wrong. :D

Textbook deflection. Sounds more like you feel ashamed of yourself for liking it. :lol

Back