Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't watch the ED-209 clip because at this rate it seems they're going to preview the whole movie two minutes at a time. But it sounds like its another sucky one? So the two action clips (training and ED-209) are lame and the dialogue bits are cool? Well that's great. Sounds like Padilha should be making Twilight films or something. :lol

I didn't watch the ED-209 clip because at this rate it seems they're going to preview the whole movie two minutes at a time. But it sounds like its another sucky one? So the two action clips (training and ED-209) are lame and the dialogue bits are cool? Well that's great. Sounds like Padilha should be making Twilight films or something. :lol

I didn't think the dialogue in that latest clip was good either. :lol

If you like very fast hard to follow action with zero emotional impact, then you're going to love that new action clip. :lol

I'm hoping for this to be the Dredd of 2014, lets see.

There is still hope that this could be my 2nd favorite RC movie.

16jhjsw.jpg

When RubberCop is dual-wielding in FPS mode, flipping, rolling and leaping 40 feet across a room, very robot ninja-ish, to land atop an ED-209.... well....

...:dump :lol

When RubberCop is dual-wielding in FPS mode, flipping, rolling and leaping 40 feet across a room, very robot ninja-ish, to land atop an ED-209.... well....

...:dump :lol

Ah man. To think that they can't match those 20+ year old Tippett battles between Murphy and ED and Murphy and Cain... :(

I've got the 4K on as I type this. Such a perfect freaking movie. I've said from the beginning that there is NOTHING that needed to be updated and that a straight re-release would have sufficed. But since it's here and they went ahead and made a new one I just hope they can still provide a fun (if greatly lesser) alternative.

Nam was right for asking if the 4K was the unrated version.

Amazon still has it listed as the 102 minute R version. :slap

Doesn't say "Unrated" on the box either.

Ah man. To think that they can't match those 20+ year old Tippett battles between Murphy and ED and Murphy and Cain... :(

I've got the 4K on as I type this. Such a perfect freaking movie. I've said from the beginning that there is NOTHING that needed to be updated and that a straight re-release would have sufficed. But since it's here and they went ahead and made a new one I just hope they can still provide a fun (if greatly lesser) alternative.

I wouldn't hold my breath. As I said earlier, they should've just spent the budget on cleaning up (maybe even redoing the Stretch Armstrong Richard) and re-issuing the original uncut (since it'd easily get an R nowadays) like they did with Raiders. It would've been fun to catch on the big screen. I get the feeling this'll be a quick flop, then a Saturday night exclusive for SyFy. :lol

Nam was right for asking if the 4K was the unrated version.

Amazon still has it listed as the 102 minute R version. :slap

Doesn't say "Unrated" on the box either.

See? :lol

:exactly: What was added? :dunno :lol

Character moments would be Harry's argument with Peter at the party being less confrontational.

The rest all action. :lol

Nah, there's more:

From a review: (which I don't agree with as I prefer the extended simply because of extra Spidey)

The first added footage comes when Peter arrives at the pizza shop. We get a few more seconds of material when he discusses his job with his boss. We find a tiny amount more between Peter and the usher, and there’s an alternate version of Spidey as he takes the elevator.

A totally new sequence shows MJ as she discusses her relationship with John Jameson. We also get a fully fresh clip in which Peter attends Connor’s class right after MJ’s play, and another piece shows Jonah Jameson as he wears the Spidey suit. As for extended bits, Peter’s visit to Student Health runs longer, and we see more of Peter’s birthday party. The first fight between Spidey and Ock extends, as does the train battle.

Does 2.1 improve upon the theatrical edition? Nope. It works just fine for what it is, but I think the original version stands as the superior rendition. For a big fan like me, it’s fun to see the extra scenes. They just don’t add anything to the experience.

Indeed, the new sequences occasionally slow down the flick a bit. Take that alternate elevator piece. While the original was tight and snappy, this one drags. It’s fun to see but would be most interesting as a separate deleted scene, not as part of the movie.

Probably the most substantial sequence comes from the part with MJ and her friend as they discuss whether Watson loves John Jameson. This tells us a little more about MJ’s relationship with John but doesn’t really expand our understanding of things. Even without this bit, we already know she loves Peter and not John, so the scene is fairly redundant.

The additional footage in student health comes across the same way. It delves into Peter’s psyche more but doesn’t actually tell us anything we don’t already know. Again, it’s neat to see but deserved to be on the cutting room floor, as it slows down the story.

In the “funny but indulgent” category comes the part in which Jonah Jameson dons the Spidey suit. This is cute but undercuts the character. It implies strongly that Jonah idolizes Spider-Man, which isn’t what we want from the character. He’s much more fun when he fully despises Spidey, not when he indulges in a little hero fantasy.

As an alternate version for fans Spider-Man 2.1 offers a fun take on things. The changes don’t significantly harm the tale, as it still works very well in this format. However, I think the shorter theatrical cut offers the superior edition. It presents a tighter, smoother flick and remains the best way to experience the story.

Just watched the clips, they're not half bad, but it's Oldman and Keaton, so it was to be expected, the action is so so, at 1st it was great to see how imposing he was to the police officers, but as soon as CGI robocop, it kinda died on me, I understand the CGI for the ED209, but for Robocop? It looks so awkward, there was a bit where he was running and it was CGI? Why not use the actor :slap:

Who would've thought that the weak part of a Robocop movie would be the action? :lol

Back