Robin Williams RIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.”
— David Foster Wallace

Guys, do yourselves a big favor and DO NOT search youtube with just "Robin Williams". Apparently, someone has decided to make his leaked autopsy photo as a thumbnail on the first page of results. Add "tribute" right now just to be safe.

It was impossible for me to watch this without tearing up. Short and sweet.

Had that lump going. Beautiful tribute!

Guys, do yourselves a big favor and DO NOT search youtube with just "Robin Williams". Apparently, someone has decided to make his leaked autopsy photo as a thumbnail on the first page of results. Add "tribute" right now just to be safe.

What the **** is wrong with people?

It's certainly close enough to look like him, and definitely a photo of a man dead by hanging. I wouldn't rule anything out until I see a statement by the family. Until then, watch out for a highly disturbing photo of what is about as close to what the real thing might have looked like if it wasn't the real thing.

I saw that pic on Tumblr before. that was what I was talking about when I mentioned seeing something horrible.

that pic is showing up on reddit too, wtf

It's certainly close enough to look like him, and definitely a photo of a man dead by hanging. I wouldn't rule anything out until I see a statement by the family. Until then, watch out for a highly disturbing photo of what is about as close to what the real thing might have looked like if it wasn't the real thing.

It's not him. The picture has been online as far back, if I'm recalling correctly, 2008.

Had that lump going. Beautiful tribute!
My childhood stars are slowly disappearing. RIP Robin Williams. I had to watch peterpan yesterday.

Kinda funny that you could rent all of his movies on Amazon Prime before he died for $1.99 and I looked yesterday, the only thing that you can do is buy for $10.99

Kinda funny that you could rent all of his movies on Amazon Prime before he died for $1.99 and I looked yesterday, the only thing that you can do is buy for $10.99

I know a lot of people take advantage of celebrity death and price gouge but it's truly disgusting if a big company like Amazon is doing it.

I didn't realize Sid Caeser died. One of the most important figures in comedy over the last century, as he helped launch the careers of Mel Brooks, Woody Allen, and Carl Reiner.

Try again. I find some, but not Good Will Hunting.

Watched Dead Poets Society for the first time last night. It was really good. The ending got to me.

I really can't believe he's gone and we're not gonna see him anymore,he was such a great and wonderful actor,In fact a one of a kind and it's so damn hard for me to accept he's death.

R.I.P Mr Williams I'll never forget you.

Back