Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

frodo0713e.jpg

It's arrived! It is huge and awesome and a bit of a process to put together. Assembly instructions are on an 11"X17", double-sided sheet of paper. More soon...

It's arrived! It is huge and awesome and a bit of a process to put together. Assembly instructions are on an 11"X17", double-sided sheet of paper. More soon...

Damn! Instructions on how to put it together? Sounds like this one is gonna be fun. :lol

If I order today do you think it would ship out fairly soon? Or was it a split shipment

If I order today do you think it would ship out fairly soon? Or was it a split shipment

I'd venture to guess it would ship around May 3rd. There is a chance that you could get asked shortly after ordering if you want it now. It would depend of course how many they have gotten in so far.

I'd venture to guess it would ship around May 3rd. There is a chance that you could get asked shortly after ordering if you want it now. It would depend of course how many they have gotten in so far.

I think I'll wait a few more days so he gets added to my next billing cycle. Hopefully it doesn't sell out

Damn! Instructions on how to put it together? Sounds like this one is gonna be fun. :lol

It wont shock me that that horse is in at least 2 or more pieces...just for safety in transporting...The TWK should have had its arms with flowing sleeves as seperate pieces IMHO

DROM on the right...Sauron in the middle...all set...just asked for early shipping

It wont shock me that that horse is in at least 2 or more pieces...just for safety in transporting...The TWK should have had its arms with flowing sleeves as seperate pieces IMHO

That's what I'm thinking, too. I'm guessing at least seven or eight pieces. Base, horse lower body, horse upper body, rider body, rider arms, switch out hand/sword (for the exclusive).

If they do split the horse, I could see them doing it at the saddle strap around the belly. Seems like a natural place to put a seam.

How enormous is the box, odb?

I'm thinking the horse is one piece but the chains and that need to be put on.

The wait to see pics is killing me.

I'm also curious about the size of the box.

It wont shock me that that horse is in at least 2 or more pieces...just for safety in transporting...

Yeah, if they're sending instructions tht would make sense to me.

Where are the piiiiiiiiiccccccsss

Yeah, if they're sending instructions tht would make sense to me.

I need to get through this meeting and then I can finish assembly and post photos. To answer on the pieces, you have:

• Base
  • Horse
  • Horse Tail (needs to be secured to horse first, then horse to base. Tail is heavy so I think there is some load-bearing metal in it.)
  • Ringwraith Figure
  • Ringwraith Outer Cloak, including hood
  • Pointing Hand
  • Hand with sword
  • Sword scabbard
  • Sword Hilt (to insert in scabbard when sword hand not used)
  • Dagger in Scabbard

Both scabbards have belt straps that need to be looped around figure and fastened. This part is what I haven't had time for yet. The pictures are a little dark because they showed them doing the loops of the dark belt with a black background, lol. Also, one of my stirrups is a little bent, but this is a softer material so I think I just need to heat it slightly and then bend it back into shape. Overall, it is massive. I have been able to assemble it alone, but it is a little tricky to get the tail into the horse and then the two pieces into the base without an extra pair of hands.

The packaging (clamshell) comes in 3 layers. You remove the top layer to access the horse and tail, then remove that middle layer they rest in to access the other pieces. Box is very large but not unmanageable.

The statue is sitting on my table while I work and it's impossible to not look at it every so often. Will definitely be a showcase piece and will be very noticeable from across any room.

Pics soon!

Back