Return of the Jedi Missing Lightsaber Scene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is also they guy's response to the interview/vid you posted.

"It is important to note that my questions pertained to events that took place more than 25 years ago, the atmosphere of the convention was a very distracting one, and Mr. Hamill spoke with many, many fans at that point in the day, so his statements are merely a first blush reaction to events that took place (or did not take place) quite some time ago."

Last edited:
Also..

In the book The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi by John Phillip Peecher there's a small passage that reads: Mark Hamill is coming back for one day of shooting later this month [November] to do the scene where he builds his new lasersword...

But anyways i'm in love with this scene. Even Jon Stewart said " i was almost expecting the Saber to be red"

Nice little scene hope more lots more on the BR.

Could've been Jake Loyd under that hood :horror

Jar Jar should also be inserted into the original 3 movies.

In ANH, he could be inserted into the trash compactor scene!

In ESB, he could be inserted on Dagobah.

In ROTJ, he could be inserted next to Admiral Ackbar and be given the line " It's a trap!" but say "Meesa a Trapped!" instead!

Oh, and Wato should be inserted on Hoth selling snow mobile power converters!

There, Original Trilogy made even better!

It kind of sounds like this is new Vader dialogue, or at least cobbled together from other scenes. Doesn't Vader at another point say, "It is the only way"?

"Luuuuke... Luuuuke... (you cannot hide forever, Luuuuke.)" "Come with me (it is the only way) (Give yourself) to the Dark Side" "It is the only way (you can save your friends)" It sure sounds like they were extrapolated from dialogue in Empire and Jedi and the meditation chamber looks like cut footage from Empire.

More Lucas meddling? Can't imagine if the scene had beed deleted it would have completed VFX and fully sweetened sound and music.

This may not fit well into the movie but I like tke way it relates back to the "I am your father " scene and reminding viewers of the lost Light-Saber from TESB. Vader getting his answer with the igniting of a green light saber, cool! Does get goosebumps seeing this after all these years.:monkey2

I don't think you guys understand how many deleted scenes there are from the original trilogy. Lucas has long hidden these scenes from us on purpose.

"Luuuuke... Luuuuke... (you cannot hide forever, Luuuuke.)" "Come with me (it is the only way) (Give yourself) to the Dark Side" "It is the only way (you can save your friends)" It sure sounds like they were extrapolated from dialogue in Empire and Jedi and the meditation chamber looks like cut footage from Empire.

More Lucas meddling? Can't imagine if the scene had beed deleted it would have completed VFX and fully sweetened sound and music.

Hmmm...you're right. Or maybe there will be an option to watch the deleted scenes within the movie? (Doubt it!)

But the music for the scene had been recorded, and was released in 1997 with the two disc Special Edition soundtrack. The liner notes described what happened in the scene.

And Vader says "Join me on the Dark Side of the Force". I don't remember him ever saying it in that exact wording before. And that last Luuuuuke seems a little longer than I recall being used. I certainly could be mistaken on those, but I really don't remember them.

But the music for the scene had been recorded, and was released in 1997 with the two disc Special Edition soundtrack. The liner notes described what happened in the scene.

And Vader says "Join me on the Dark Side of the Force". I don't remember him ever saying it in that exact wording before. And that last Luuuuuke seems a little longer than I recall being used. I certainly could be mistaken on those, but I really don't remember them.

"Join me (and I will complete your training) on the Dark Side of the Force." "Luuuuke (it is your destiny)"
These lines could easily have been edited together from other lines used in other scenes without having to record new JEJ VO. Lucas was also an editor so it wouldn't surprise me if the scene had been recently reconstructed.

As for this scene, im getting a funny feeling that this is not a scene cut from the original movie, but rather just something they assembled out of stock footage for the fans. Im doubtful as to wheather that is even Mark Hamill.

I agree. More lies from Lucas IMO. The Vader dialogue is made up up various lines from ESB and ROTJ. I could mix that myself.

Hamill (or whoever else says that none of it was ever filmed) is wrong. At least some of that scene WAS filmed. I've seen stills.

And there are 1 or 2 other cut scenes that will appear on the Blu-ray release that will make jaws drop even more than this.

Not sure why some of you guys have a problem with them trying to reconstruct existing footage. So what if some of it comes from older dialog? Anti-lucas sentiment is sooooo 2007.

C'mon folks, please cut Lucas some slack will ya, he would never do anything silly with the Star Wars movies.

Everyone acts as if he went and did something so asanine stupid as making Greedo the bounty hunter shoot Han first but miss from only 4 feet away, a distance that even a blind soccer mom wouldn't have missed from but a bounty hunter sure did.

I have faith and trust the guy 100%

Last edited:
"Join me (and I will complete your training) on the Dark Side of the Force." "Luuuuke (it is your destiny)"
These lines could easily have been edited together from other lines used in other scenes without having to record new JEJ VO. Lucas was also an editor so it wouldn't surprise me if the scene had been recently reconstructed.

That's not the line. I searched Empire for the lines and it doesn't have it. Haven't looked at Jedi yet.

Back