Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit up a Target Thursday night and picked this up on BR (guess they broke street-date), but they only had one version. Did this get an extended/Director's cut? Or was it just the one version?

Whats Target's got? The Steelbook just has some deleted/extended scenes.

Whats Target's got? The Steelbook just has some deleted/extended scenes.

Just the one DVD and BR/DVD combo pack with the same deleted/extended scenes. I thought it was odd because there were a bunch of press releases of Anderson saying there'd be one and low and behold, there wasn't (at least that I know of :lol).

Just the one DVD and BR/DVD combo pack with the same deleted/extended scenes. I thought it was odd because there were a bunch of press releases of Anderson saying there'd be one and low and behold, there wasn't (at least that I know of :lol).

Walmart has the 5 pack for 50 bucks, but I didn't really look at it to see if it had anything special packed in it. I don't think their normal BR said anything on it about any Ext. or Dir. cuts.

Oh, god. Can't believe peopel actually watch this crap, or can actually sit through them, let alone buy these movies.

I think it was the third one that was on last night. I just had it on in the background and it was so stupid. Horrible slow mo action that made no sense. With Alice flipping and jumping you could tell were the wires were holding based on how she was pivoting back and forth in the stupid slow mo flips. I turned the channel within 15 minutes. The guy who made these movies really need to be kicked out of hollywood.

Oh, god. Can't believe peopel actually watch this crap, or can actually sit through them, let alone buy these movies.

We all have our guilty pleasures. There are people who love the Friday the 13th movies, and those make the RE series look like Masterpiece Theatre.

I think it was the third one that was on last night. I just had it on in the background and it was so stupid. Horrible slow mo action that made no sense. With Alice flipping and jumping you could tell were the wires were holding based on how she was pivoting back and forth in the stupid slow mo flips. I turned the channel within 15 minutes. The guy who made these movies really need to be kicked out of hollywood.

We all have our guilty pleasures. There are people who love the Friday the 13th movies, and those make the RE series look like Masterpiece Theatre.

:lecture:lecture

Besides seeing how horrible the 4th one was this is good in comparison. Had very good action scenes, really hot chicks and cool zombies

The series should have been survival horror. Not WAY over the top action with all the stupid slow motion crap. Hate that ****.

I think you're the only one who expected it to be more than...wait.. that's right, nvm. You haven't even seen this movie. Your whole point was to pop in here and troll about the third movie which you caught on television. :lol

Friday The 13th movies are way better then these flicks. :dunno.

I grew up with those films, so I have a nostalgic link to them, but I've been rewatching them on cable lately, and they are just awful. Even viewed through the lense of nostalgia, they're a chore to sit through. In my opinion, of course.

Of course they're awful. But that's what makes them great. They're just good goofy fun.

See, that's how I feel about the RE movies, that's why I made that particular comparison. I know there are lots of people who think the RE movies are dreadful, and I don't deny that they're "bad" movies, but there's just something inexplicably enjoyable about them to me.

Last edited:
Fine. But I found it insulting.

So insulting I reported you.

:lol

But no. Friday flicks are great. Great practical kills. Don't care too much for CGI blood. That makes it better for me. I just don't really enjoy these movies all that much. Outside of the first. But eh, I don't hate them either.

The series should have been survival horror. Not WAY over the top action with all the stupid slow motion crap. Hate that ****.

go cry to Capcom about that. They are the ones that are okay with these movies made the way they are. They are the ones happy with the end result. I know Paul WS Anderson is a complete retard but these people are okay with his ideas. :dunno

Of course they're awful. But that's what makes them great. They're just good goofy fun.

no, I don't think so. What is great about the movies is Jason and the kills. That's it.
everything else is a complete crapfest. worst acting of any movie. Really stupid plot (there is no plot actually, at all) same location in every movie. Dull dialog) But Jason is so glorious, so uber brutal that we love the movies. Jason makes the whole thing work. There are countless slasher movies out there from the 80s but nothing comes close to how amazing Jason is.

Back