Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think MTToys is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

The issue is that they included the main remake outfit.

Two head sculpts, the alt dress, the body and all the accessories makes a pretty awesome figure that I doubt anyone would have a problem with… but throw in the 1.0 outfit and those who bought the 1.0 feel cheated.

Don’t throw in the outfit people will desperately be searching eBay for the 1.0 or settling for the swtoys.

I love how everyone just assumes you can get MT’s stuff parted out from ebay.

I waited forever to get a loose Lara Croft headsculpt and I’m still waiting. Only very few were parted out and they sold instantly. I was extremely lucky to get the MT toys Ellie headsculpts. They resell now for $150 and up and are impossible to get now.

MT products are scarce, I think they produce the exact amount of pre-orders they get or something like that. Always sells out in an instant. Ive noticed the same for SW, very few are parted out.
This. MT parts are hard to find and even American retailers like Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety etc hardly ever carry MY products. You’ll see one eBay seller or two parting out MT parts. You have a better chance and luck getting parts from swtoys figures.

IMG_8953.jpeg

My defect elbow on ashley. There’s a sharp piece of metal under the rubber

How accurate are the new accessories?? I’m not too familiar with the rifle I always stuck to the bolt action. I know the flash bangs are inaccurate.

IMG_8954.jpeg

Great now theyre both broken. I wasnt even swapping the hands this time literally just posing.

Damtoys RE4 figures is a big IF and won’t be anytime soon. Skipping Village and 3 Remake isn’t a good sign.

I think the bare minimum in accessories is just MTTOYS.

Having the collectors statue a Leon 2.0 figure that works without the Jacket would be appreciated.

Emailed damtoys not too long ago and they said both RE3 and RE4 are being planned, cant find the other email but they said maybe end of 2024/2025

Attachments

• IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5618.jpeg
    IMG_5618.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 0
So who has both swtoys and MTtoys Ada 1.0 and planning on getting the new 2.0 ones from swtoys and MT? 👀 lol
I got the 1.0 mttoys Ada, I pre-ordered the swtoys Ada 2.0 but I would not have bought that if mttoys had shown their 2.0 first, I feel like I want to get the 2.0 mttoys but it's quite a stretch. Knowing the aftermarket, I know I'll be annoyed if I don't get it.

I love how everyone just assumes you can get MT’s stuff parted out from ebay.

I waited forever to get a loose Lara Croft headsculpt and I’m still waiting. Only very few were parted out and they sold instantly. I was extremely lucky to get the MT toys Ellie headsculpts. They resell now for $150 and up and are impossible to get now.

MT products are scarce, I think they produce the exact amount of pre-orders they get or something like that. Always sells out in an instant. Ive noticed the same for SW, very few are parted out.
The heads will likely be up on eBay. There are still a few of the heads from the current release. And it just takes being quick on the jump when the products start shipping to everyone. It does dry up rather quick.

That’s my point exactly though. MTToys just needs to drop the heads as a set or separately to go alongside the release of this 2.0, that way they cut out the middleman making $90 to $160 on some ******* heads.

Emailed damtoys not too long ago and they said both RE3 and RE4 are being planned, cant find the other email but they said maybe end of 2024/2025
Did they say if it was RE4 or RE3 maybe they end 2024/2025?

If Leon goes up early 2025 will probably release 2026 so gives me plenty of time with the MTToys Leon before upgrading.

It’s reassuring to hear but I’m not gonna get my hopes up until something actually goes up for order. Been burned by too many teases/ prototypes being shown and never going up for order.

If you hear anything else tho definitely let us know, wonder how deep Damtoys or even mttoys is gonna go with the RE4 line.

Anyone think Krauser or Wesker is on the way? They could even use mercs an excuse to make hunk

IMG_7463.jpeg

The company behind HUNK 👀 should’ve done a 1:6 RE3R Carlos, and any other RE type merc characters. As for Dam, I wish they teased what licenses they have like they did with 2.

IMG_7464.jpeg

Just so we know to either wait or move on. Lol

I like the new MT Ada sculpt, but I think I'll pass on 2.0. Or maybe I'll try to grab a sculpt if I can find one.
The 2.0 is $314 in Canada. I'd rather pay an extra $90 and get a much more accurate Damtoys version.
I'm not saying DT is perfect, but at least they try to make the sculpts & accessories game accurate.

Anyone wanna buy a modded MT Ada 1.0? Lol

View attachment 703008
View attachment 703009
View attachment 703010

My photography skills are still 💩. Looks way better in real life. Maybe I should invest in a ringlight.

Swapped Ashleys arms for jointed ones and used hands I had left over from a worldbox body as the hands she comes with have no skindetail.
That hair repaint on Leon and those poses look so good! Those photos make me regret passing on Ashley slightly.

Curious what are you plans for Leon? Picking up the Mttoys Leon or content with what you got now?

That hair repaint on Leon and those poses look so good! Those photos make me regret passing on Ashley slightly.

Curious what are you plans for Leon? Picking up the Mttoys Leon or content with what you got now?
Thanks!

Yes I will be picking it up. Hope the final headsculpts will be improved like they did with Ashley and Ada. I’ll put the best parts of both together to make an ultimate Leon. I’ve been thinking of making a battle damaged version with the parts I have left.

I was hesitant at first with buying Ashley as I viewed her as a less important character and a potential waste of space, that she would end up in storage forever. For me Leon and Ada are the center characters of the franchise. But this figure turned out surprisingly great. The bright colors of her outfit make her visually interesting to look at and the headsculpt is very pretty. Posing her with Leon is so much fun, their outfits contrast nicely. Glad I ended up getting her, the very last one available that I was able to find! I got lucky

Last edited:
Thanks!

Yes I will be picking it up. Hope the final headsculpts will be improved like they did with Ashley and Ada. I’ll put the best parts of both together to make an ultimate Leon. I’ve been thinking of making a battle damaged version with the parts I have left.

I was hesitant at first with buying Ashley as I viewed her as a less important character and a potential waste of space, that she would end up in storage forever. For me Leon and Ada are the center characters of the franchise. But this figure turned out surprisingly great. The bright colors of her outfit make her visually interesting to look at and the headsculpt is very pretty. Posing her with Leon is so much fun. Glad I ended up getting her, the very last one I could find.
Sounds awesome, hope you update the thread when you put together your ultimate Leon.

I really liked Ashley in the remake, more so than Ada. I passed at the time since the figure felt lacking and I didn’t know if we’d get a decent shirt/ main version of Leon. Gonna have to play around with Leon when he arrives see what I can do, don’t like the way he looks in the promo images without the jacket.

If they gave Ashley the SG pistol no laser and an infected sculpt from that scene In the late game, that would have made the ashley figure so much more interested to me. Or even infected sculpt and knife from the castle section.

MT had an update on their Leon on bbicn a couple weeks ago.
It sounded like they're working on making the gun holsters and pouches out of better material or something.
Nothing about the sculpt though.
Do you mean the shoulder holster and pouches or the belt pouches?? The shoulder holster did look pretty rough.

Did they say anything about fixing the shirt? The shirt is my biggest worry/ issue with the promo. I kinda like the sculpt, I can throw together a holster if need be but I can’t do anything about that shirt if it sucks.

Back