Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the classic Leon sculpt with improved paint. Remake eye paint is less detailed.

IMG_4817.jpeg
IMG_4817.jpeg
Is it inherently obvious even from this image?

Hi!

Is there any difference between the DMS030 Leon and the DMS037 headsculpts?

I purchased a DMS030 BNIB (It wasn’t) and I feel like the sculpt looks off to the one I previously owned? The eyes look more bloodshot for some reason

I don’t know why anyone would swap the sculpts but can anyone confirm this is the stock DMS030 sculpt?

Sorry for the stupid question but I just want to be sure, I feel as though I am definitely being paranoid, its just a lot to spend
I’d say it is the DMS030 sculpt, because as you said why would anyone swap the sculpt.

I don’t have the classic version of Leon but I did get both the original version and the reissue of DMS030 and there does seem to be some slight paint variation.

I modded the reissue to the injured look so it no longer has the stock paint, so can’t really highlight the differences

View attachment 690120View attachment 690120Is it inherently obvious even from this image?
I think youre freaking out over nothing. Differences are very minor and most consider it an improvement. I think the lipcolor is a bit different but is dependant on the batch you got. And the eyes are improved. More detailed paint.

Unless side by side you won’t really be able to tell any difference at all.

I’d say it is the DMS030 sculpt, because as you said why would anyone swap the sculpt.

I don’t have the classic version of Leon but I did get both the original version and the reissue of DMS030 and there does seem to be some slight paint variation.

I modded the reissue to the injured look so it no longer has the stock paint, so can’t really highlight the differences
Oh I wasn’t aware that they did a reissue of DMS030

Honestly the have the DMS030 headsculpt on kitbashhq, I might just biy
I think youre freaking out over nothing. Differences are very minor and most consider it an improvement. I think the lipcolor is a bit different but is dependant on the batch you got. And the eyes are improved. More detailed paint.

Unless side by side you won’t really be able to tell any difference at all.
Yeah I just tend to get a bit like this over things but I will try not to think about it too much 🤣

Is anyone able to post a side by side of the DMS030 and DMS037 Leon head sculpts? Just out of curiosity

So it’s definitely been swapped?
I can't tell for 100% for sure, but Classic Leon got re release recently and I ended up with two of those. Recent batch has slightly improved paint and more detailed eyes. I guess your sculpt is that one. Unfortunately don't have them with me now to take a photos,but I think you have nothing to worry about. Improved paint is better right? lol Doesn't really matter as all of them are supposed to be a same sculpt and paint always varies.

I have 5 Leon's right now going back from the first release to the most recent. I'll have to check it out. If you go back a page or so that leon sculpt I posted is from the recent release.

I have 5 Leon's right now going back from the first release to the most recent. I'll have to check it out. If you go back a page or so that leon sculpt I posted is from the recent release.
I can't tell for 100% for sure, but Classic Leon got re release recently and I ended up with two of those. Recent batch has slightly improved paint and more detailed eyes. I guess your sculpt is that one. Unfortunately don't have them with me now to take a photos,but I think you have nothing to worry about. Improved paint is better right? lol Doesn't really matter as all of them are supposed to be a same sculpt and paint always varies.
Honestly I think I am just tripping, I think its because the seller told me it was bnib never opened but it has definitely been opened, it was upside down and the extra wrist pegs were missing 😓

The sculpt just looked different from what I remember it being like, looking at it in different light it looks like the DMS030 I originally had but I feel like he definitely has a bug eye 🤣

Thanks to everyone in the thread putting up with this 😭 I feel like I am very particular when it comes to figures making sure everything is in order and nothing has been changed but like people say its the same sculpt better paint or not so whats the difference, I can live with it! 😁

IMG_4827.jpeg
IMG_4830.jpeg

Hi!

Is there any difference between the DMS030 Leon and the DMS037 headsculpts?

I purchased a DMS030 BNIB (It wasn’t) and I feel like the sculpt looks off to the one I previously owned? The eyes look more bloodshot for some reason

I don’t know why anyone would swap the sculpts but can anyone confirm this is the stock DMS030 sculpt?

Sorry for the stupid question but I just want to be sure, I feel as though I am definitely being paranoid, its just a lot to spend
There are 3 variants of the Leon head. It looks like you have the first release head sculpt.

1. DMS030 - Blue eyes, paint apps are not as sharp and sloppy in some parts. (Eyes look watery up close)

2. DMS037 (Classic) - Similar to the original, but had obnoxiously red lips, rosy cheeks, and dark eyes. Looked like Leon was wearing make-up.
PC: niekgrijz
20240220_175553.jpg

3. DMS030 Re-Release - Pupils have a Grey undertone and details are painted much sharper. Hair is also a richer brown.

1st release Leon head (Left) compared to the Re-Release (Right). Notice the difference in the eyes.
20240220_174803.jpg

Last edited:
the lips can be a bit distracting in very bright lighting. But fortunately looks fine in most other lighting situations. Here is the same Classic sculpt again.

IMG_8275.jpeg

Haven’t managed to get it painted yet but the v2 Leon sculpt by sigitosutasmano is imo pretty spot on to the original. As for the Remake the best option rn is the Master Team figure which even comes with two sculpts.View attachment 689858View attachment 689859
Love that sculpt
freakin' love the sculpt. Got 2. Currently waiting to paint one of them.
Thanks a lot guys! Would love to see all of yours painted

Love that sculpt! Seeing this makes me all the more sad, because some a-hole at DHL stole my package and there is nothing I can do about it. :(
I'm sorry for your situation. That's really unfortunate :(

Actually not too bad a sculpt in person. For some reason, the camera makes the skin look much shinier than it actually is.

View attachment 690594
It doesn’t really nail the likeness. But it definitely looks like Á Leon. Maybe from another universe or something.

It works well with the original hot toys re4 release. Huge upgrade from that cartoony hs.

Back