Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully MT decides to make a Wesker, Jack and Luis. To complete their re4 line.

Took these shots today while playing Seperate Ways, they really remind me of the MT sculpt.
6acd0ec4-5674-488a-9b7f-d807d05b80ea.png
9e1ee4fb-26c7-4535-b5a7-5b3fd2eaf13a.png

Last I remembered they had some horrible deal with capcom, they or someone with ears on the inside, mentioned Leon only came out as late as he did because of whoever approves the figures not responding or rejecting everything, which is why Hunk was not released and why things lie that RE3 statue happened.
It's a shame, while they weren't 100% accurate their Leon is still one of my favorite figures and I would've loved them to tackle Wesker, and Krauser.
Last I remembered they had some horrible deal with capcom, they or someone with ears on the inside, mentioned Leon only came out as late as he did because of whoever approves the figures not responding or rejecting everything, which is why Hunk was not released and why things lie that RE3 statue happened.
It's a shame, while they weren't 100% accurate their Leon is still one of my favorite figures and I would've loved them to tackle Wesker, and Krauser.
I remember reading that too, I don’t know too much, all I know is Dam only mentioned having the license to RE2 in partnership with Nauts and in the description for Ada they stated that was the end of the RE2 line.

I agree it is a shame as Leon is also my favourite stock figures despite the height (most figures being released don’t interest me) I would have loved to see Dam do a full RE4 line.

I don’t know how well the RE2 Line sold, the initial reactions to Claire’s and Ada’s release from what I observed was pretty negative especially regarding Claire’s Jacket, and honestly I kinda lost interest in the classic versions when the RE4 Remake released.

I definitely wouldn’t hold my breath for any RE4 figures from DamToys, no matter how popular the game might be or whatever.

Can someone help me to decide the best body for MT ada?, since I will pose it next to the Damtoys one, and I would like to have the same size in both by the way (pale or suntan).

Last edited:
Can someone help me to decide the best body for MT ada?, since I will pose it next to the Damtoys one, and I would like to have the same size in both by the way (pale or suntan).
If you’re trying to stay within budget I would definitely recommend a body with joints. I know to some the kit was pricey but you don’t need seamless body. There’s some good joint bodies out there. From Worldbox to VeryCool. Even a Hot Toys female body. You don’t need a pricey seamless body which she’ll over tower the DAM Leon especially with the boots she has on. I would recommend a “suntan” body since she’s not pale like the swtoys figure/sculpt. Most joint bodies have than tan effect.

IMG_5215.jpeg

On a HT Black Widow body. Plus, I’ve noticed when using a seamless body she looks way too tall! Just imo.

If you’re trying to stay within budget I would definitely recommend a body with joints. I know to some the kit was pricey but you don’t need seamless body. There’s some good joint bodies out there. From Worldbox to VeryCool. Even a Hot Toys female body. You don’t need a pricey seamless body which she’ll over tower the DAM Leon especially with the boots she has on. I would recommend a “suntan” body since she’s not pale like the swtoys figure/sculpt. Most joint bodies have than tan effect.

On a HT Black Widow body. Plus, I’ve noticed when using a seamless body she looks way too tall! Just imo.
Thank you as allways, I am going to strongly follow your recommendations and even more so coming from someone who is an expert like you.

View attachment 688463

The seamless bodies cost about the same as the new WorldBox female bodies. There’s really no saving money, to be honest. It’s just personal preference. Now, there are some seamless bodies that are $70 and up, but most of the ones you can find online are about $50, maybe $60 at most.

The seamless bodies cost about the same as the new WorldBox female bodies. There’s really no saving money, to be honest. It’s just personal preference. Now, there are some seamless bodies that are $70 and up, but most of the ones you can find online are about $50, maybe $60 at most.
True, even a generic joint body is cheaper. You can easily get a VeryCool thru monkey depot or toy anxiety for under $30 bucks. Just saying that this figure especially doesn’t need a pricey seamless body.

IMG_5324.jpeg

IMG_5325.jpeg

Swtoys boots on a HT BW body.

IMG_5326.jpeg

MT kit(boots) on a worldbox body.

I don’t know how she towers over Leon on a tbleague body. But there you go.

IMG_5327.jpeg

Next to their Chris. Idk what body MT is using but you probably don’t want your MT Ada taller than Leon. Just a thought 😇

Is that the AT201 or the AT203? Also, the AT203 has a light tan skintone, which is lighter than the regular suntan skintone the AT201 and 202 come in. I’m not sure if they offer a suntan version for the AT203. I’m sure they do, but it’s not on BBTS.

Also, will the boots get damaged on a body like that? It seems like they are really tight fitting boots as it is.

Really hoping the MTToys set is parted out. I need the headsculpt.

Touched up the MT sculpt a bit. Also gave her hair a bit of a brownish hue since thats how it is in the game.
Now I just have to figure out that friggin gun harness. I'm pretty sure MT made everything on in backwards just to mess with us. lol

View attachment 688408View attachment 688409
What paint did you use for the eyeshadow? And the lips? I believe I have a suitable brown for the eyebrows already. However, I’d hate to take a red paint and dry brush it around her eyes and make it too red. 😂

Very nice! You selling? I’ll buy it at a high price! 😂
I don't think you would want my set. I did something to her harnesses and I can't figure out what happened. It's sort of in multiple pieces now. 😅
20240209_185901.jpg

What paint did you use for the eyeshadow? And the lips? I believe I have a suitable brown for the eyebrows already. However, I’d hate to take a red paint and dry brush it around her eyes and make it too red. 😂
I always use chalk pastels for eye shadow and the mouth/cheeks, then I add a little bit of varnish to the lips so they don't look as dry.
As for eyebrows, well, I gave up on trying to paint them, so now I just use wax pencils and draw them as lightly as I can. And they work great for drawing on eyelashes instead of painting them. Getting the correct likeness however, well that's obviously something I'm still trying to figure out myself. lol
But the best part is, if you mess up, you can always wash it off and try again without compromising the original paint job (unless you've already used the varnish lol).

Here's what I use:
614PT7HHNTL._AC_SL1024_.jpg
81xJj7KNoML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

View attachment 688533

View attachment 688534

Swtoys boots on a HT BW body.

View attachment 688535

MT kit(boots) on a worldbox body.

I don’t know how she towers over Leon on a tbleague body. But there you go.
It looks like the MT boots fit those bodies a lot better than the S17 I used. The legs are a bit too long and now it looks like her sweater is too short.
Gonna see if I can figure out how to make the legs shorter on the S17.
Even with the S17, my Ada stands at the same height as Leon. 😂
I have a worldbox lying somewhere, but the hips/legs on that body seems like it could make putting the boots on a massive pain. lol

I don't think you would want my set. I did something to her harnesses and I can't figure out what happened. It's sort of in multiple pieces now. 😅
View attachment 688577

I always use chalk pastels for eye shadow and the mouth/cheeks, then I add a little bit of varnish to the lips so they don't look as dry.
As for eyebrows, well, I gave up on trying to paint them, so now I just use wax pencils and draw them as lightly as I can. And they work great for drawing on eyelashes instead of painting them. Getting the correct likeness however, well that's obviously something I'm still trying to figure out myself. lol
But the best part is, if you mess up, you can always wash it off and try again without compromising the original paint job (unless you've already used the varnish lol).

Here's what I use:
View attachment 688578View attachment 688579
Would have never thought of doing that honestly. I’ve always used a combination of paint pens and acrylic paints, specifically the Citadel Paints.

It turned out good though and basically gave me the push to cancel the By-Art Ada and snag an MTToys kit on eBay. I hope I end up with the moveable eyes version, as the listing states.

Back