Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And im confused. Didnt the promo material have his teeth showing? And now his mouth is closed?

I still dont know what yall saw in that sculpt when it initially got announced. It never looked like Leon not then and not now. I’m happy for you guys that they decided to close his mouth atleast so you’re not stuck with Leon doing the tiktok lipbite rizz emoboy (Im getting old and dont know what im saying).
IMG_8132.jpeg
<- But this is what I mean.

Im surprised it came out as good as it did. It atleast looks like a somewhat attractive individual and it looks like an ok paintjob. They’ve done much worse products. Very few of their products are good.

Attachments

• IMG_8133.png
    IMG_8133.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8134.png
    IMG_8134.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I still dont know what yall saw in that sculpt when it initially got announced. It never looked like Leon not then and not now. I’m happy for you guys that they decided to close his mouth atleast so you’re not stuck with Leon doing the tiktok lipbite rizz emoboy (Im getting old and dont know what im saying).
View attachment 688066 <- But this is what I mean.

Im surprised it came out as good as it did. It atleast looks like a somewhat attractive individual and it looks like an ok paintjob. They’ve done much worse products. Very few of their products are good.
We were desperated back then :monkey4 :monkey1

That Leon always looked terrible. Ada doesn’t. At least not the main headsculpt. Hopefully, the final product matches this:

IMG_8149.jpeg

IMG_8148.jpeg

IMG_8147.jpeg

That Leon always looked terrible. Ada doesn’t. At least not the main headsculpt. Hopefully, the final product matches this:

View attachment 688136
View attachment 688137
View attachment 688138
It’s not terrible but I still don’t see much likeness. The eyes aren’t the right shape. Her cheekbones need to be higher and the area between the bottom of the nose and top lip (whatever that’s called) is too long. That’s my take on the sculpt atleast.

By-Art final products have pretty mediocre paint. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the final product looks nothing like this.

Last edited:
It’s not terrible but I still don’t see much likeness. The eyes aren’t the right shape. Her cheekbones need to be higher and the area between the bottom of the nose and top lip (whatever that’s called) is too long. That’s my take on the sculpt atleast.

By-Art final products have pretty mediocre paint. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the final product looks nothing like this.
I plan on getting the MTToys head, if it’s parted out. If not, I’ll just use the one from their RE2 release. Hoping I don’t have to do any of that though. I think the By-Art Ada looks good and they just need to get the production as close to the prototype as they can.

Here’s my take on these companies and their products.

MMTTOYS= what you see is what you get. They’ll do some changes like their Lara figure and I believe they’re doing some changes on Ashley.

Swtoys= nice promo pics but the final product… mediocre.

Hot Heart= same as MT what you see is what you get but they’re lazy by reusing a lot of their older products and recasting items from other brands.

Super Duck= nice sculpt actually but never looks like the character itself, lol. Nice paint apps tho.

I don’t know much about By-Art but I’ll be curious to see the final product in hands. I don’t want to fully commit in a whole kit just to get used. The quality of the gear looks like MT one and SD, same with the clothing. It’ll definitely be down to the final product of the sculpt itself.

My instincts are telling me to cancel that By-Art Ada. After seeing their Leon, I doubt it very much it'll turn out even 50% like those promo pics.
I might wait a bit before paying the invoice when the time comes. Maybe I'll be able to catch some pics of her first.
Also wondering whats going on with the RE license now that Dam is done with it. Was hoping we'd get some decent RE3R stuff too yet.
Starting to feel like we'll never get a great RE3R Jill.

Safe bet is to wait for in hands pics especially with some of these 3rd party companies. They release pretty promo photos but once released… 😬

As far a damtoys, who knows if they still have the license. If they’ll even bother with re3 especially with the backlash it got and technically the game is old enough that people outside of RE aren’t interest and have moved on to re4r or whatever new game Capcom has planned. The company behind HUNK should’ve done a Carlos figure, even Jill. 👀 maybe Dam only had the licensed for RE2 and move on. Especially dealing with Capcom…

What happen to Damtoys Resident Evil Line?,did it not sell well or is this another case of Damtoys giving up on most project/line.

What happen to Damtoys Resident Evil Line?,did it not sell well or is this another case of Damtoys giving up on most project/line.
I wouldn’t say they gave up on the line, they only ever announced they had the RE2 line and with the exception of Sherry it’s pretty complete. I don’t think Dam actually had the license themselves but was able to release figures due to a partnership with Nauts.

Last I remembered they had some horrible deal with capcom, they or someone with ears on the inside, mentioned Leon only came out as late as he did because of whoever approves the figures not responding or rejecting everything, which is why Hunk was not released and why things lie that RE3 statue happened.
It's a shame, while they weren't 100% accurate their Leon is still one of my favorite figures and I would've loved them to tackle Wesker, and Krauser.

I wouldn’t say they gave up on the line, they only ever announced they had the RE2 line and with the exception of Sherry it’s pretty complete. I don’t think Dam actually had the license themselves but was able to release figures due to a partnership with Nauts.
I wish they got to do the Elsa Walker costume.

Back