Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4975.jpeg
IMG_4976.jpeg

He's doing payments of 4 which is nice. I'm definitely in on this, honestly less than what I was expecting, but right about what I had hoped it would be.

Going to have to offset the cost and cancel some POs and sell some stuff. I just got my Ada notice from BBTS, likely gonna sell her off.

Yeah... definitely not a hobby for a broke little retard like me...
Maybe I should start collecting toilet paper. Much more value for the money... :poop:

🙃
I done few custom figures myself not to high quality but even if I had much skill to produce figure I wouldn’t even dream to charge that much.

I done few custom figures myself not to high quality but even if I had much skill to produce figure I wouldn’t even dream to charge that much.
Same here. Past a certain point it just starts to feel ridiculous. Actually just working on a figure for someone. 60+ hours of work. Charged less than half of what they're asking for. And still I felt sorta bad asking for that kinda money... That's the whole reason I started making customs in the first place: Some prices are just insane. So I know where people are coming from...

I mean, if you look at his price breakdown most of his stuff isnt much more than what youd pay for parts of other figures on ebay, but instead of getting some ****** (not always the case) third party stuff, youre getting custom pieces that have been hand painted and hand made.

different items, but similar stuff, all around the same price.

1706496516097.png

The price is pretty reasonable. I have thought about doing a small run of my own customs. That are not nearly as high quality as this product would be. And if I wanted to make some sort of profit I would have to price everything pretty similar to how he did it.

You have to keep in mind all the manual labour that went into designing all the parts, the patterns for the clothing, the paintjob etc. Also the shipping cost from the person who prints the sculpts and the shipping cost for the painter and then the shipping on top of that to the customer. The assembly… It’s a lot of work!

You also pay for accuracy. Like sure you could kitbash similar parts from other figures from ebay. Problem is that those won’t be completely accurate or up to standard. And you lose consistency when you mix and match parts from different manufacturers.

Overall I think the price is very reasonable. Would I buy something like this? No. I simply can’t justify paying such an amount for one figure. I try to put it into perspective for myself, that’s two entire PS5’s. That’s a 10 day trip to Ibiza. I just can’t justify that for one little statue. But I could totally see some die hard fans or people who are well off that would be able to. I’ll stick to my own imperfect creations for now. Maybe when I have a more stable job with higher pay I could consider getting into customs like these.

Yeah I wouldn't buy it either, price is definitely not reasonable for the standard collector. I probably wouldn't even buy it for a quarter of what its asked for being honest lol, but that's just me, as its quite a plain looking figure and wouldn't standout enough to justify its price.

But there is always a market for everything and they need to make the money back to make it worthwhile. Its good to put things in perspective to keep us sane, as Niekgrijz said, that's two entire PS5's :oops:

Jokes aside, I think it's really all about setting a limit in this (or any) hobby. Do you really wanna spend more than a thousand dollars on a small little action figure that's just standing on a shelf, collection dust basically?
For me personally the answer is no. Just like niekgrijz said. It's kinda hard to justify.
But I'm not saying it's wrong to do that. Most people would probably say that I spend way too much on this hobby as is. But do I care about that? No, not really ;)
If you wanna make a living from making custom figures alone you have to charge prices like that. I get that. So I'm not trying to criticise either.
It's just all about personal choices, I guess...

Back