Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen numerous pairs of pants and shirts - some still on figures - on eBay where the material is fraying in all kinds of spots. There doesn't seem to be particular weak point for midnight Wesker's garbs in my experience.

Fixing it would take hours of careful work with glue and fine tweezers... maybe a few coats of a varnish or sealant will preserve it for longer?

Really does annoy me how these manufacturers don't think about how long these figures will last; I'm even hearing of HT's various Terminators having their leather jackets begin to fail.
i been working on the smaller parts like pleather belt, holster (they are the weakest), pouches, badge wallets. even the pleather knife holster in RE1 Chris cracks. The choker on rebecca just deforms and crack i had to repaint it and maybe use a leather to make a replacement (i have 2 copies new and displayed) since the new head was sitting so low it already chipped the choker.

i use angelus finisher for 2-3 coats, it helps seal the pleather but not strong enough for handle and stesses. i wonder if the more durable 4 coat finisher is better or just feels like more layers of the finisher?

i been working on the smaller parts like pleather belt, holster (they are the weakest), pouches, badge wallets. even the pleather knife holster in RE1 Chris cracks. The choker on rebecca just deforms and crack i had to repaint it and maybe use a leather to make a replacement (i have 2 copies new and displayed) since the new head was sitting so low it already chipped the choker.

i use angelus finisher for 2-3 coats, it helps seal the pleather but not strong enough for handle and stesses. i wonder if the more durable 4 coat finisher is better or just feels like more layers of the finisher?
Same. I had tried both. Angelus is not able to increase or improve the bond between the pleather paint and the fabric material. The pleather will still peel except that with 4 coat, it peels in bigger chunks

Same. I had tried both. Angelus is not able to increase or improve the bond between the pleather paint and the fabric material. The pleather will still peel except that with 4 coat, it peels in bigger chunks
i wonder if you also apply it on the fabric backing will it add adhesiveness between the layers.

also i read angelus website, seems the 4 coat is more durable. finisher is stated to be rub resistant but not anti cracking. but hope at least the finisher can hold things together on static parts instead of turning into dotted powders like medicom pleather.

i wonder if you also apply it on the fabric backing will it add adhesiveness between the layers.

also i read angelus website, seems the 4 coat is more durable. finisher is stated to be rub resistant but not anti cracking. but hope at least the finisher can hold things together on static parts instead of turning into dotted powders like medicom pleather.
Adding to the fabric backing will not work well. I tried this with the HT Alita and Swtoys Lara Croft clothing, not enough adhesiveness. If you add too much, the fabric will lose its stretchiness. This will become a problem when the clothing is form fitting and requires it to stretch when wearing it

I may be doing it wrong, so feel free to try at your own cost

Adding to the fabric backing will not work well. I tried this with the HT Alita and Swtoys Lara Croft clothing, not enough adhesiveness. If you add too much, the fabric will lose its stretchiness. This will become a problem when the clothing is form fitting and requires it to stretch when wearing it

I may be doing it wrong, so feel free to try at your own cost
seems thickness of the object affects the outcome i sealed a choker with finisher and accidentally applied pressure on it it kinda deformed with my prints but did not flake off like the other untreated one and managed to form it back like playdoh. most of the outfits arent tight fitting like battle suits though i do have battlesuit Jill but not sure what material it is made of.

I just take apart most pleather things I get and use them as patterns for when I remake em in real leather buckles and such I reuse I usually keep the patterns in a ziplock case I need to remake em for a kitbash or a friends pleather cracked or flakes. only thing I can't duplicate well is the stitches.

I just take apart most pleather things I get and use them as patterns for when I remake em in real leather buckles and such I reuse I usually keep the patterns in a ziplock case I need to remake em for a kitbash or a friends pleather cracked or flakes. only thing I can't duplicate well is the stitches.
maybe try tracing them instead. because some pleather do not have fabric backing so once they break they fall into pieces making reference difficult. if you have the traces you can put the items back so at least the figures are complete until you decide to make replacements.

maybe try tracing them instead. because some pleather do not have fabric backing so once they break they fall into pieces making reference difficult. if you have the traces you can put the items back so at least the figures are complete until you decide to make replacements.
That's a good idea...can't believe I missed that heh thanks!

That's a good idea...can't believe I missed that heh thanks!
also take photos of them because once the pleather is gone you might lose some details.

of course tracing isnt 100% accurate so things still need to be adjusted before the final assembly. flaked pleather would also be thinner by half so theres that.

for me getting leather thin enough is the hardest even for a simple belt esp if you plan to fold it the thickness doubles. pleather are very thin.

had to repaint re1 jill's watch because the goddamn face fell off and end up squashed on the floor which i eventually found.

IMG_20240104_014105.jpg

also take photos of them because once the pleather is gone you might lose some details.

of course tracing isnt 100% accurate so things still need to be adjusted before the final assembly. flaked pleather would also be thinner by half so theres that.

for me getting leather thin enough is the hardest even for a simple belt esp if you plan to fold it the thickness doubles. pleather are very thin.
Yup yup already started making patterns out of some polystyrene.040 I had laying around and already have reference photos taken good tip tho for sure. I even have what dye I used for which job so I don't have to reference my sample leather sheet of dyes. I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of leather working gear one of which being a adjustable skeever that I use to thin the leather down.

Yup yup already started making patterns out of some polystyrene.040 I had laying around and already have reference photos taken good tip tho for sure. I even have what dye I used for which job so I don't have to reference my sample leather sheet of dyes. I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of leather working gear one of which being an adjustable skeever that I use to thin the leather down.
Anyone heard anything about the 1/12th RE4 Leon from LimToys? The Patriot studio chainsaw enemies went up for preorder and I’m tempted but need a good Leon to pair with them

Just got the invoice for the 1/6 chainsaw man by End I Toys. Has anyone seen any in hand pics yet? It’s probably a little early for that isn’t it?

It’s a pretty cheap figure, but I’m still a little on the fence. I don’t want it if it needs customising like SW’s figures. I already have enough on my plate when it comes to customising. Hopefully a review comes out soon, very curious how he turned out. Considering there’s no headsculpt you’d think it’d be an easy one to nail. But you never know with these third party companies. They will find a way to mess it up somehow. Not talking about all figures of course but some companies definitely have had hits and some major misses so I’m just wary.

Just got the invoice for the 1/6 chainsaw man by End I Toys. Has anyone seen any in hand pics yet? It’s probably a little early for that isn’t it?

It’s a pretty cheap figure, but I’m still a little on the fence. I don’t want it if it needs customising like SW’s figures. I already have enough on my plate when it comes to customising. Hopefully a review comes out soon, very curious how he turned out. Considering there’s no headsculpt you’d think it’d be an easy one to nail. But you never know with these third party companies. They will find a way to mess it up somehow. Not talking about all figures of course but some companies definitely have had hits and some major misses so I’m just wary.
I hope he turns out like the promo photos. If he does I'll try to grab one too yet.
And if he doesn't, then I'll probably go with the Hot Heart version instead. Almost kind of leaning towards that one, reminds me of the older Texas Chainsaw movies. lol

The soft holster pleather on the Stars Jill completely came off. Lucky the belts and pouches still intact so i brushed some angelus finisher on to seal them. logos too.
I would recommend messaging old travelers workshop. He can do a game accurate holster for you. I know it since I’ve provided him with references

IMG_7949.jpeg

Here is my updated almost finished kitbash Ada. I already had the clothingset for a few years. Didn’t buy the Damtoys version as I just wasn’t feeling it.

I got the Damtoys jewellery only for around $30. And it really improves this figure by a lot. Also switched from a poptoys body to the S17B. This has to be TBLeagues best body proportion wise. No balloon tits, not too tall or too short, no brazillian buttlift. She scales well with other figures. I personally think the Damtoys body (S47B) is too tall, she towers over Leon. This body on the other hand is perfect. The Damtoys dress is really nice, better and more accurate than this dress by NRToys. For a moment I was tempted to buy it, but realised it would probably be a little big on the body and would go against my whole principle of wanting to use the parts I already had in my posession.

The only things I have left to do is figure out a way to make a little bow for on the dress. The bow the dress originally came with was ridiculously out of scale. So I just ripped it off. And the last thing would be her harness. I bought a cheap male harness that I plan to resize so it can fit her.

I put some spare Scarlet Witch hands on her as the gloves look cool and the jewellery suits her well.

View attachment 683636

Here is my updated almost finished kitbash Ada. I already had the clothingset for a few years. Didn’t buy the Damtoys version as I just wasn’t feeling it.

I got the Damtoys jewellery only for around $30. And it really improves this figure by a lot. Also switched from a poptoys body to the S17B. This has to be TBLeagues best body proportion wise. No balloon tits, not too tall or too short, no brazillian buttlift. She scales well with other figures. I personally think the Damtoys body (S47B) is too tall, she towers over Leon. This body on the other hand is perfect. The Damtoys dress is really nice, better and more accurate than this dress by NRToys. For a moment I was tempted to buy it, but realised it would probably be a little big on the body and would go against my whole principle of wanting to use the parts I already had in my posession.

The only things I have left to do is figure out a way to make a little bow for on the dress. The bow the dress originally came with was ridiculously out of scale. So I just ripped it off. And the last thing would be her harness. I bought a cheap male harness that I plan to resize so it can fit her.

I put some spare Scarlet Witch hands on her as the gloves look cool and the jewellery suits her well.
Looks very nice! :)

Yeah the damtoys body is too massive for her. Also a bit too much in terms of chubbiness. This looks very nice though! Congrats!

Was thinking about cancelling my preorder but ultimately went through with it and I'm glad I did, because it turns out the damtoys Ada body works extremly well with the RE 3/UC Jill sculpt by Frank Jaeger when it comes to proportions.

Edit: This is the Frank Jaeger sculpt on the Damtoys Ada body for anyone who might be interested.

My crappy phone pics really don't do it justice. The sculpt is awesome in hand.

Chest area could sit a bit lower but other than that it's close to perfection imo.
PCIMG_2024-01-14_15-38-23.JPG

PCIMG_2024-01-14_15-34-43.JPG

Last edited:
Looks very nice! :)

Yeah the damtoys body is too massive for her. Also a bit too much in terms of chubbiness. This looks very nice though! Congrats!

Was thinking about cancelling my preorder but ultimately went through with it and I'm glad I did, because it turns out the damtoys Ada body works extremly well with the RE 3/UC Jill sculpt by Frank Jaeger when it comes to proportions.

Edit: This is the Frank Jaeger sculpt on the Damtoys Ada body for anyone who might be interested.

My crappy phone pics really don't do it justice. The sculpt is awesome in hand.

Chest area could sit a bit lower but other than that it's close to perfection imo.
View attachment 683656
View attachment 683657

Have you decided on a body that works with Dam Ada? still toying with the idea of cancelling.

That Jill sculpt is so good.

Back