Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else think that this new pov for the game was done so we'd have a more difficult time backtracking and keeping tabs on where everything is ? For me at least one of the benefits of the perspective of the old games was that it allowed for more direct routes and easier backtracking, but here with the remake it looks way more confusing and claustrophobic.

It will def make keeps by track on where all the enemies are in this game more difficult.

On a personal note one enemy that I'm already nervous about encountering in this reimagining is the damn licker. Before you could trap them in a narrow hallway and with a shotgun or magnum have a fighting chance. But now ? They'll have way more freedom to move around and not be such sitting ducks.

Well we have had Lickers in Operation Racoon City and Re 5 so we have got a taste of what it would be like in modern gameplay. They can sideways jump, transition onto walls and ceilings. They are quite hard to shoot because they hug the floor, ceiling and walls so you only really have a head and shoulders to aim at and they are fast. But one thing i hate in RE 5 about the lickers is they are incredibly hard to stagger. They were ammo sponges. I dont want this for RE 2. I want to kill one with 2 well placed, point blank range shotgun blasts like the original. I dont want them to be there purely to drain resources. Lickers shouldnt feel like a chore. It should be a short explosive encounter.

Last edited:
I agree Kiva, lickers are considered common enemies, not mini-bosses, though the Lickers in the lab are a tad tougher than those in the RPD, fights with them should be short but intense.

4d518461754248ad124b90a713647ee6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any none basic version of the game for the UK/EU? At the moment we either have digital deluxe on PSN, or the basic version physical. We have no collectors edition, or deluxe edition to purchase physically. And id really rather a physical copy. It's looking like we are going to need to pre-order the digital deluxe version here in order to get the extras but id really want that as a last resort.

Is there any none basic version of the game for the UK/EU? At the moment we either have digital deluxe on PSN, or the basic version physical. We have no collectors edition, or deluxe edition to purchase physically. And id really rather a physical copy. It's looking like we are going to need to pre-order the digital deluxe version here in order to get the extras but id really want that as a last resort.

This is to force you to go digital so they can then spam the media that physical sales are up. It's a trap!

I dont mind buying digital, but in this instance i kind of wanted it to arrive in the morning in the post or something. Or like in the case with Resident Evil 6, 3 day before release.

"Noir" Leon reminds me of somebody...

noir leon.jpg

latest

i know game.co.uk had a sweet collectors editions which looks to be sold out. I couldn't find a deluxe edition in the uk but only checked game and amazon. would recommend checking in store if you really want the disk

Yeah, i eventually saw that. You have to jump through hoops to find it because as it isnt active it doesnt show in any searches. You need to click other peoples links showing it. Id of loved it, but meh.. deluxe digital version here i come... i suppose!

Its cringe reading youtube comments of people saying they have been playing RE 2 for 20 years and its awesome they decided to add a " lickers are blind " feature to the game and that they detect you by noise now to add a new aspect to the creature.

Yeah, i eventually saw that. You have to jump through hoops to find it because as it isnt active it doesnt show in any searches. You need to click other peoples links showing it. Id of loved it, but meh.. deluxe digital version here i come... i suppose!

Its cringe reading youtube comments of people saying they have been playing RE 2 for 20 years and its awesome they decided to add a " lickers are blind " feature to the game and that they detect you by noise now to add a new aspect to the creature.

when it was available it was pretty easy to find, with loads of gaming news sites covering it. problem was it wasn't available for long don't even think it lasted a whole week before selling out.

Fhycv89.jpg

I just got word from Capcom Germany: The deluxe edition of RE2 will SOLELY be digital.
Meaning all you guys able to get the steelbook with deluxe, or collector's and all the content:
BE VERY HAPPY and don´t complain about **** (not targeting someone in particular, just for the haters in general).
We in Europe can thrive on the fact to get the steelbook AT ALL and if we want anything else? Buy it on top, making the whole experience super expensive.

I like them. Claire stands out more because of her lack of sleeves and gloves being distracting. But then, Leon is guilty of more sins to his outfit its just they are not as glaring. But i find myself wondering, these 2 outfits are also re imagined versions of the originals. So why were these not the default? They are not the actual classic outfits either.

I feel like these are concept design they had character models for and decided to give us them.

Back