Replacements for dark skinned Indy PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kl241

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if Sideshow will offer replacements for Indy PF''s that have exceptionally dark skin paint or if we're all just S.O.L. after paying our $300.

From Sideshow's site.

"We guarantee that every item we sell directly will give you complete satisfaction or you may return it for a replacement or for a refund of the purchase price* (US$), within 30 days of receipt of the item. "

I read that as a yes.

I don't want a refund, I want a replacement. And no I don't have the time or the cash to pay some customizer here to repaint it and wait 2 years to get it back.

I don't want a refund, I want a replacement. And no I don't have the time or the cash to pay some customizer here to repaint it and wait 2 years to get it back.

Do you have time to pick up the phone and call them? :confused:

From Sideshow's site.

"We guarantee that every item we sell directly will give you complete satisfaction or you may return it for a replacement or for a refund of the purchase price* (US$), within 30 days of receipt of the item. "

I read that as a yes.

Maybe you missed it the first time... But like others said, you're gonna have to call them. They aren't going to do a replacement via a message board.

Yup, you are just out shipping.

I would just pop the head off and send it to DarkArtist.

I returned a 1:1 T-800 bust because there were fine scuff marks on the plated finish. I didn't have to pay return shipping. They emailed me a paid return label and scheduled the pickup for me. Then they paid back all my costs, including my original shipping.

Chances are all of the Indy PF figures are the same. Mine was dark on the head too.

Yours was damaged, that is why they paid shipping.

Darker shade of skin isn't damaged to them, a returned item does not get any shipping refund.

Dark Indy and Santa Orc are not damaged items to SS, so you're paying shipping costs to return/replace it.

I speak from experience. :sick

Leia better come out looking pretty close to the proto, or there will be a big outcry from people, and I'll be among them.......But yeah SS doesn't consider the dark tan on Indy to be a defect or anything, so your pretty much gonna lose the shipping costs.

opened my exclusive today and the hatted head is quite a bit darker than the exclusive head..even my wife said "haha he looks black" which makes me feel like a knob since it was 300$.
I will check with sideshow to see if they have any exclusive hatted head portraits they can swap out..

the non exclusive has the portrait set in place and is non removable correct?

Back