Repainting the Han Solo PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did an excellent job. It does help with the likeness, but I'm afraid the underlying sculpt is just too far off.

The hair's a little dark for my tastes.

Hey Guys,

I posted this in the customs area but I guess its relevenant here also... Here are pics of my repainted Han PF I am working on... I just gotta finish off the arms and I think I am done.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Congratulation on this repaint, looks excellent!

I've thought for a long time that close-up shots of the PFs and 12" figures rarely, if ever, do them justice. :rolleyes: I'm quite fond of my Han Solo figure, but it's also got one of the best factory paint jobs I've seen.

2123334305_33c7694d8e_o.jpg

2114800230_5601e29784_o.jpg

I think that people are waaay too harsh on this one, if anything it is the multi-material in the boots that bothers me. :horror

Hey Guys,

I posted this in the customs area but I guess its relevenant here also... Here are pics of my repainted Han PF I am working on... I just gotta finish off the arms and I think I am done.

watermark.php

watermark.php

...cough...Zach Braff...cough...Sideshow just missed the target on this one. The more I look at mine, the more I realize, it ain't just the paint. Take a photo and look at it in grayscale. It faintly resembles Harrison, but that's at best. At least they nailed the likeness on the Indy PF!

Zach Braff eh? Well now we need a Lando that looks like Donald Faison, and a Leia that looks like Sarah Chalke. :D

I've thought for a long time that close-up shots of the PFs and 12" figures rarely, if ever, do them justice. :rolleyes: I'm quite fond of my Han Solo figure, but it's also got one of the best factory paint jobs I've seen.

2123334305_33c7694d8e_o.jpg

2114800230_5601e29784_o.jpg

That does look really good, hold on to that one.

You did an excellent job. It does help with the likeness, but I'm afraid the underlying sculpt is just too far off.

The hair's a little dark for my tastes.

Yeah the sculpt's still off but the repaint is a serious improvement.

I might've bought one if it looked like that...

Thanks for the compliments guys... I really tried hard to remove the Zach Braff look... was shooting for how he likes like in the box, but couldn't... But Im still happier with the way it looks now then the stock painting... AT least now it looks closer to Monk's Han solo... man that one is paintied pretty good.

Holy cow. That Zach comparison is unbelievable. I wonder if the sculptor was watching scrubs while making this.

Harrison's jawline is more squared than the sculpt. With the PF's angled jawline, it looks more feminine. I suppose someone could add bulk to the jaw before repainting, but that might be moving a step further than anyone would want to go - plus nobody wants to screw it up and make a Harrison Z'Dar amalgam. ;)

Holy cow. That Zach comparison is unbelievable. I wonder if the sculptor was watching scrubs while making this.

Harrison's jawline is more squared than the sculpt. With the PF's angled jawline, it looks more feminine. I suppose someone could add bulk to the jaw before repainting, but that might be moving a step further than anyone would want to go - plus nobody wants to screw it up and make a Harrison Z'Dar amalgam. ;)

Tell me about it. After some thought, and many hours of wasted time staring at the statue, I finally passed it on to a friend to enjoy. Repainting it won't fix it and neither will adding some bulk to the jaw. My luck, I'd turn him into a Bruce Campbell/Zach Braff lovechild. The sculpt is just too close to Zach and began to haunt me like that PF Leia video for the "Figure It Out" contest. Even performing a head transplant with Diamond Select's 1:4 Han is out of the question as it looks more like Han Solo's retarded older brother than Han himself. Hopefully we'll see a RTOJ Han with a considerably more accurate headsculpt who can pass as an ANH version. If not, then it's no biggie, unless we get a PF Chewie. Then I'll just cry...

Back