Removing Kyle Reeses head question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENDO-HUNTER

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys , I purchased a custom FMLes Kyle Reese head sculpt and will be replacing the existing head sculpt that came on my KYLE REESE with the new one from Les. I have never tried taking off a head sculpt before. I don't want to screw anything up so please give me some advice on removal of old and installing the new head sculpt. I mean is it as easy pulling off the old and popping in the new? I doubt it. Thanks in advance. Mike

and a great head that is to have! god bless les :) you can use a hairdryer to get the head soft and it will pop right off. good luck and have fun with this custom !

and a great head that is to have! god bless les :) you can use a hairdryer to get the head soft and it will pop right off. good luck and have fun with this custom !

Thanks , but what about putting the new one from Les on? Do I need to heat up the neck area? I would be worried about heating up the new head sculpt from Les. Thanks

what he said :) and actually i had to hair dry the neck post on my les custom hicks head off. as long as i aimed it at the post it was fine. but talk about a little nervous lol

If I had a dollar for every time someone started up a thread and asked about head removal! Rich man!

Darklord Dave, I think you should make a sticky for this in every forum...

If I had a dollar for every time someone started up a thread and asked about head removal! Rich man!

This was a little more specific since it involved a custom painted head - who knows, maybe blow dryers or hot water screw up custom jobs? :rolleyes:

I know, but this question is asked a lot. Personally. I would always apply heat to the head, without it there is more chance, and I have experienced this, of ripping the plastic or resin. Good Luck

Uh yeah, if I screw up my FMLes custom head sculpt I would be pretty pissed at myself. I think I should have titled the thread "installing a custom head sculpt without damaging it" Hey grangewallis I am new to collecting these figures so I wanted to ask the experts for advice. You would'nt want to see me screw up a perfectly good FMLes custom head sculpt would ya bro? I did'nt think so. But thanks for your support. By the way , I did a search for "Removing head sculpt" and not a whole lot came up.:D

I guess I could just ask FMLes what he thinks is the best and safest way to remove an existing head sculpt and install his custom without screwing it up. Wow , i'm a genius LOL

Last edited:
received my kyle reese today(the fig) and man I really like the HT body, very posable and tight. i'm sending my Reese head(HT one) off to be repainted though.

received my kyle reese today(the fig) and man I really like the HT body, very posable and tight. i'm sending my Reese head(HT one) off to be repainted though.

Congrats Vader AL!!!It is totally awesome. I can't wait to get my FMLes custom head sculpt to go on mine. It will be the center of my collection for sure!!!! I am freakin honored to be gettin that sculpt.:monkey5

There is great value to this thread, because I would NEVER apply heat or even water to a custom painted resin head. It will do no good and it could hurt the paint job.

I wasn't trying to offend I was just saying I think this sort of topic should be address in as a sticky thread, as it is something that comes up a lot. Also you should register over at OneSixthWarriors.com There is a wealth of customising knowledge there and it's a great place for someone new to the hobby to get a lot of advice & information.

I wasn't trying to offend I was just saying I think this sort of topic should be address in as a sticky thread, as it is something that comes up a lot. Also you should register over at OneSixthWarriors.com There is a wealth of customising knowledge there and it's a great place for someone new to the hobby to get a lot of advice & information.

Thanks for the tip. I will indeed check it out. Take care , Mike

Back