Remove shelf.......the floor???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Canuck

Freakzoid
Reaction score
If you remove the shelves the next stop is the floor. Well we used the floor, an unused room in the basement. I've had a semi permanent
dio going since about January 2007, it has been modified numerous times, as one searches for the "perfect" shot. Which by the way doesn't
really exist, sometimes some really decent ones, though.
Anyways I moved everything to the background and left the foreground clear, this time around.

The solo shots below are the rejects from a shot for a current WW2 dio contest.

My favorite Canuck.
Corporal Steiner from the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders, 9th Brigade, 3rd CID ETO 1944/45.

CSDCanuck042ce.jpg

Royal Canadian Corps of Signals 3rd CID linesman ETO 1944/45

CSDCanuck074ce.jpg

Canadian Provost Corps, 4th Provost Company, 3rd CID ETO 1944/45

CSDCanuck172ce.jpg

Troopers 10th Armoured Regiment Fort Garry Horse 2nd Armoured Brigade ETO 1944/45.

CSDCanuck184ce.jpg

CSDCanuck147ce.jpg

Thanks for looking.

JC

Some more reject shots that show the bigger picture.
Operation Blockbuster was the theme, which was the conclusion of Veritable the WW2 battle that saw Canadian First Army capture
the Rhineland as a prelude to the crossing of the Rhine River in the spring of 1945.
Conditions were wretched, rain sleet, snow and mud, the attack ground on for three weeks against fanatical resistance by the German
forces in the Rhineland bridgehead.

CSDCanuck052ce.jpg

CSDCanuck017ce.jpg

CSDCanuck062ce.jpg

CSDCanuck069ce.jpg

CSDCanuck094ce.jpg

CSDCanuck095ce.jpg

CSDCanuck104ce.jpg

CSDCanuck146ce.jpg

CSDCanuck132ce.jpg

CSDCanuck114ce.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Johnny Canuck

That looks like fun!

Hay where did the germans go?
By the way, what scale is this?

Very well done! Just one word of advice: weathering. The buildings look too "new", if you know what I mean. Even though they are damaged, they look too new to me. Apart from that; amazing job! :banana

Holy Bananas! That is AMAZING! Never seen such an awesome dio. Not to mention everything is 1:6 right? Whew bet a lot of work went into that. Awesome job.

Very cool, but what's that woman up to?

If you look at the post in GI Joes/Military the post Udem shows the cart and the stuff piled on the cart spread all over the place. We usually connect our dios. In the third picture down in the second set of this post, you will see her sister and father trying to push the cart which they have piled with stuff collected from the ruins. The Swan figure is supposed to be picking up the thing you fasten the horses to, didn't work out as planned. It just wasn't working and I ended up leaving it alone, cart was moving around, figure was falling over, I couldn't get the legs or back right and didn't remember to get back to it. Pose looks odd, next time..................

PolishHomeArmy016ce.jpg

I would love a shot from afar to allow a clearer perspective since your environments are so life like

I'll see what I can dig up.

Very well done! Just one word of advice: weathering. The buildings look too "new", if you know what I mean. Even though they are damaged, they look too new to me. Apart from that; amazing job! :banana

I do know what you mean. Catch is the blocks are from GS's house, the stone farm building is Pvt Snafu's neither of them will let me paint there stuff .......... yet!
The basement dio is also in a constant state of flux and changes quite regularly weathering would only work for the current setup.
Weathering is something I usually put off to some distant time in the future.

Also Thank You for your kind comments, I don't do all this by myself and will pass on your allocades to the rest of the lads in the group.

Thanks again

JC

Nice to see you back with new Pics Johnny,once again,i really enjoy looking at your work.I still stand by my word that i said earlier,the best setup i have EVER seen at this board or anywhere else,the scene creations are fantastic!

cant wait to see more of your work,always a joy looking at such stuff.

Back