Regrets From Princess Leia ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tdy_lauer_fisher_081210.300w.jpg

:horror:horror:horror

Well, she wouldn't be on "The Today Show" pimping her new book if she had never done STAR WARS, and she would just be "One of Debbie Reynolds Kids." I'm sure she looks at her bank account and thinks otherwise, screw her. She stills shows up to Star Wars events, if she doesn't care, just go away.

Man, you guys really take that comment personally. :lol

I am sure she just means that if she had known what taking that role would lead to then she probably would have declined in the first place. She grew up in a celebrity household so I am sure she just wanted to experience being normal for once... even if it meant being poor. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I think she's funny, too. And it doesn't bother me at all how she feels about SW. Same with Alec Guinness, Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor, etc. They each have a unique perspective and have every right to want to distance themselves from all of the hub-bub.

Heck, I'm not even a celebrity who worked on the films and I get annoyed by SW fans too! :lol

I think she's funny, too. And it doesn't bother me at all how she feels about SW. Same with Alec Guinness, Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor, etc. They each have a unique perspective and have every right to want to distance themselves from all of the hub-bub.

Heck, I'm not even a celebrity who worked on the films and I get annoyed by SW fans too! :lol

Ditto... I can understand why they feel the way they do about it all. At least they stay sane by cracking jokes about it. :lol

Blah, blah, blah.....

She was given the role of a lifetime in her profession and regrets doing the part. The part provided a springboard to other acting roles / appearances keeping her career alive providing her a better living than normal joes. Who would of bought her books or attended her stage show if it wasn't for her role as Princess Leia.

The economy sucks, people are losing jobs and unable to keep their homes or provide Christmas for their children. She whines about being bi-polar and an addict which her fame provides the means to treat both better than most. She comes across as brash and ungrateful and during this time of year it is supposed to be the opposite.

Karma gets people like her. She went from Slave Leia to Today show Fisher.....:slap

Whatever she feels about the role, she prolly knows more SW trivia than any of us. :lecture

ps I also think its hilarious if any of you take what she says personally. :lol

:rock = Carrie

Blah, blah, blah.....

She was given the role of a lifetime in her profession and regrets doing the part. The part provided a springboard to other acting roles / appearances keeping her career alive providing her a better living than normal joes. Who would of bought her books or attended her stage show if it wasn't for her role as Princess Leia.

Roll of a lifetime? No one even believed in the movie let alone a roll in it. And pretty much all SW did was springboard her into a bit part in The Blues Brothers.

Roll of a lifetime? No one even believed in the movie let alone a roll in it. And pretty much all SW did was springboard her into a bit part in The Blues Brothers.

You think we'd be having a conversation about Carrie Fisher if not for that role. The role created opportunity, her choices or lack of etc. doesn't discount what the role provided her.

You think we'd be having a conversation about Carrie Fisher if not for that role. The role created opportunity, her choices or lack of etc. doesn't discount what the role provided her.
Not everyone really wants fame and the negative side effects associated with it, though. It seems that she knows what goes along with that better than any of us do. Celebrity does open up a lot of doors, but it closes a lot of them, too. You no longer have anonymity, and you may lose the ability to be treated seriously in other kinds of endeavors.

Not everyone really wants fame and the negative side effects associated with it, though. It seems that she knows what goes along with that better than any of us do. Celebrity does open up a lot of doors, but it closes a lot of them, too. You no longer have anonymity, and you may lose the ability to be treated seriously in other kinds of endeavors.

Good points. The question is who decided to pursue that career (for any celebrity)? You, me? No they did. They cannot have the good and not want the bad that comes with it.

I enjoy my paycheck every two weeks. I hate getting up at the crack of dawn and actually going into the office to deal with employees personal and professional drama. Feel sorry for me? No it comes with the job description.

You guys are aware that she was a celebrity since she was born right? She was the daughter of two of Hollywood's biggest stars in its "Golden Age".

Back