Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course not. Sideshow is 20 years old. XM is the new kid. Not 5000 but they could certainly sell more than 999. Their statues sell out on the site in minutes and that's only because they are limited to a few countries unlike Sideshow. Go look at the video on youtube of STGCC where they were selling preorders for Ghost Rider. It went round the convention hall on the first day. They had to count people and cut them off instead of having them wait all day for nothing.

Most were probably middle men :lol

XM is fairly young and small.

Smaller amount of statues = smaller risk of bad QC.

Has they will grow bigger and new investors are in, they'll be less care given I'm sure.

Right now they are top notch I agree, they are the " new kids on the block " :wink1:

I was expecting this to be much expensive than its predecessor and other PFs that just came out for PO, but what really hurts is that our currency's at it's 5 (or 6)-year weakest. This would be a bargain though, if the paint job turns out good enough not to require a repaint.

I would most probably still be in for this, I wouldn't mind selling Victorious at a loss to help fund this beauty :)

We can get XM delivered for $40?

I personally have zero interest in XM statues, prefer human/movie characters.
Seems that flippers like them most :rolleyes2

I'm paying 900€ delivered for Thanos through the local retailer who gets his pieces from the EU distributor (and those are already jacked up prices on themselves). Darkseid Ex would end up costing about 800€, and that's still comparing Thanos to a statue that doesn't hold a candle to him, to be fair.
I got Cap, Hulk, Hawkeye, Wolverine and Antman XM for 650-675€ delivered. I also got Chronicle's Cain for 1250€ delivered. You just need to know how to move and smarten up a bit. XM markup is not very different than Prime1 markup here, really, I have yet to understand how a 900$ Prime1 piece can become 1200-1300€. It's cheaper to order directly from Sideshow, true head scratcher.

I'm paying 900€ delivered for Thanos through the local retailer who gets his pieces from the EU distributor (and those are already jacked up prices on themselves). Darkseid Ex would end up costing about 800€, and that's still comparing Thanos to a statue that doesn't hold a candle to him, to be fair.
I got Cap, Hulk, Hawkeye, Wolverine and Antman XM for 650-675€ delivered. I also got Chronicle's Cain for 1250€ delivered. You just need to know how to move and smarten up a bit. XM markup is not very different than Prime1 markup here, really, I have yet to understand how a 900$ Prime1 piece can become 1200-1300€. It's cheaper to order directly from Sideshow, true head scratcher.

I believe it's cheaper for EU collectors to get XM statues,
I might be wrong tho.

Not interested personally.

From what I see people thought it was a money making tool after Magneto aftermarket prices but I see the same overpriced listings on eBay over and over again.

People selling their stuff has always been and will always be part of this hobby. I lost count of the amount of Ms Marvel PF, She Hulk PF, Doom PF, Hulk PF, Rogue PF, Psylocke PF etc etc I've seen on sale since the moment they started worth more, this last year. It was 2009 and people were all excited at how the Berserker Huruk Hai PF Exclusive was selling for $700 on Ebay, six months before the actual release. Some things have always been like that and will always be like that, regardless of the amount of morals and ethics that people try to force in the hobby on subjects that have nothing to do with morals.
For what it's worth, I think that going after flippers/worrying about them is a complete waste of energies. I don't care if 998 of the 999 XM pieces are bought by flippers and resellers, as long as I get the 1 piece I wanted.

People had to be ready for this price. We knew Sideshow was at the $500 price point level for PFs. People were going crazy about Red Sonja at SDCC and NYCC. She has tons of details and an elaborate base. The question now is can Sideshow deliver on what they show? Can the painters at the factory match the prototype for Sideshow? They didn't for the first Red Sonja. We don't know why or if management decided to change the paint. But she wasn't like the prototype. We can only wait and see for this new Red Sonja.

I will say if people are upset about the price, Sideshow does give out free money to use towards statues. If you missed the Halloween event, they gave away like $60 I think. They've been doing this for years. I think for the SDCC and Christmas events they give points as well. Or they did. I can't remember. But the point is, if you keep track and don't use the points you should have a few hundred on your account since they don't expire. Plus, you get points for purchasing anything from Sideshow. So Red Sonja at $550 doesn't have to be that way if you don't want her to be.

Racetrack, here above, is 100% right. At this point, for international customers, there's barely any difference in pricing between Sideshow and XM.

I can confirm that. I have 2 XM figures (Phoenix and Ms Marvel). The difference is that the seller can't get the discount on shipping SS can. I pay $55 - $90 for a SS figure in shipping cost. A XM figure cost $240.

People had to be ready for this price. We knew Sideshow was at the $500 price point level for PFs. People were going crazy about Red Sonja at SDCC and NYCC. She has tons of details and an elaborate base. The question now is can Sideshow deliver on what they show? Can the painters at the factory match the prototype for Sideshow? They didn't for the first Red Sonja. We don't know why or if management decided to change the paint. But she wasn't like the prototype. We can only wait and see for this new Red Sonja.

I will say if people are upset about the price, Sideshow does give out free money to use towards statues. If you missed the Halloween event, they gave away like $60 I think. They've been doing this for years. I think for the SDCC and Christmas events they give points as well. Or they did. I can't remember. But the point is, if you keep track and don't use the points you should have a few hundred on your account since they don't expire. Plus, you get points for purchasing anything from Sideshow. So Red Sonja at $550 doesn't have to be that way if you don't want her to be.

But if you need to return something because if qc I don't think you get back the points or rewards you used.

I'm getting this one and selling the other. I hate when SS does this, but that's the way it goes. I agree it's overpriced by probably $100 at least. In part it might actually be influenced by the amount folks have been willing to pay for other pieces from competitive companies. This hobby is getting more and more expensive.

I don't understand the 'as long as they deliver on better quality' when people are trying to justify the price.
Sideshow have no intention of upping their quality dramatically. They didn't do that on $2000+ legendary scale statues and they are not going to do it here.
They have started charging Hot Toys prices on 1/6 scale figure, just because they can, but the quality is not even close.
Every thread where a product has an unexpected price point, people cross their fingers, wish upon a star and post, "maybe that means they are really serious about quality this time!" lol nope, not then, not now ....and not on the next thread, whatever it may be :lol

If you choose to buy from them you just have to hope the drop off in quality is not too great. That is all there is to it.

Saying that, I thought Conan Rage of the Undying was a very decent and acceptable paint job and am happy with mine.
From their recent Conan and on hearing feedback on the first Sonja statue, I think its fair to guess they'll get the skin tone to a passable level.

Yeah, I feel like Sideshow has had a very good year that not many collectors will give them credit for.

The only thing I'm getting soon from Sideshow is the Kerrigan statue, and to be totally honest, that came out better than the prototype, at least in terms of overall paint shading and accuracy to in-game content.

I'm hopefully optimistic that Sonja will come out just as well as her or Machiko did.

I hate the price, but I'm still getting her. Look at that face and body. She blows away Batgirl, Power-girl and everything so far imo. :lol Look at it this way. You get what you pay for. The hardest part to do is that snake sliced in half with all that intricate detail. This 1 won't have a bunch of children in China painting her, they will have to get the very best painters to pull this 1 off right.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 117
The person that painted the prototype has been assigned to paint every one, so you'll get a beautiful Sonja.

I hate the price, but I'm still getting her. Look at that face and body. She blows away Batgirl, Power-girl and everything so far imo. :lol Look at it this way. You get what you pay for. The hardest part to do is that snake sliced in half with all that intricate detail. This 1 won't have a bunch of children in China painting her, they will have to get the very best painters to pull this 1 off right.

I doubt the paint on the production piece will be nearly as nice as the prototype but you never know. Sideshow has come close to matching proto on quite a few pieces, but this does seem to be another level. I just need one good Conan to be produced and that will do it. I have the ARH Conan but the style is not quite right. I am looking at their Frazetta version though.

Back