Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really, really hate this new RS statue.

Why?

Because I love it so damn much!

If they come anywhere close to reproducing that...GD! And I think they will. Anyone who remembers a year or so ago when Igo said they were aware of the perception and were taking steps to improve? Well I think we are starting to see the fruits of that imrovement with some of the recent releases (Lobo, Batgirl etc) that shows their production standards that they are capable of reaching have gone way, way up. Now of course there are still some dogs in the pipeline, but I would think we might see less and less of that going forward.

Now, I have the first RS which I really love, but, hot damn this one looks so good, and I love the character. Not sure what to do with it though, as I was just going to pair up my first one with the new Conan. Maybe put it with ARH Arhian...Unless were getting another Conan...SOB SS going to milk me dry!

Man, I've stayed away from the last Sonja (which I thought looked great) because SSC hasn't done a Conan I like in 1/4 scale. The last Conan PF looked good but the pose was a little awkward for my tastes so I passed. I figured since I wasn't getting Conan, I wouldn't get Sonja because I had no one to pair her with. For me personally, if I buy Sonja, I was looking at pairing her with one Conan for my collection and calling it a day. I don't have the space to display multiple Conan or Sonja PFs. Well, this is a case where I just may pick up this Sonja with the hopes that someday SSC will release a Conan PF that I like. This Sonja is just an incredible piece of art and can stand on its own. My wife saw me checking this piece out and immediately asked me if I'm buying it. She NEVER does that. She (like the rest of us) is blown away with how good this Sonja looks. Depending on the price, I'm all in on Sonja. I just hope SSC keeps the price reasonable on her so I can add her to my collection. If QC holds up on her, she'll be truly remarkable in every way.

Man, I've stayed away from the last Sonja (which I thought looked great) because SSC hasn't done a Conan I like in 1/4 scale. The last Conan PF looked good but the pose was a little awkward for my tastes so I passed. I figured since I wasn't getting Conan, I wouldn't get Sonja because I had no one to pair her with. For me personally, if I buy Sonja, I was looking at pairing her with one Conan for my collection and calling it a day. I don't have the space to display multiple Conan or Sonja PFs. Well, this is a case where I just may pick up this Sonja with the hopes that someday SSC will release a Conan PF that I like. This Sonja is just an incredible piece of art and can stand on its own. My wife saw me checking this piece out and immediately asked me if I'm buying it. She NEVER does that. She (like the rest of us) is blown away with how good this Sonja looks. Depending on the price, I'm all in on Sonja. I just hope SSC keeps the price reasonable on her so I can add her to my collection. If QC holds up on her, she'll be truly remarkable in every way.

I don't think I have ever seen a statue produced by anybody that was so easily mistaken for photos of a real person. This piece, the movement, underlying muscle tone, I mean, it is just so rediculously well done. I have seen great proto pieces before, but I don't recall anything approaching this. I mean, I had no/zero/zilch interest in adding another Sonja statue to my collection, that box was checked, but this is really something special.

I know what you mean on the pose on the other Conan, I still went for it, and think it works based on how it came out (also delivered in the QC department, in fact better than dare I so the proto), but it is still not to everyones tastes.

I don't think I have ever seen a statue produced by anybody that was so easily mistaken for photos of a real person. This piece, the movement, underlying muscle tone, I mean, it is just so rediculously well done. I have seen great proto pieces before, but I don't recall anything approaching this. I mean, I had no/zero/zilch interest in adding another Sonja statue to my collection, that box was checked, but this is really something special.

I know what you mean on the pose on the other Conan, I still went for it, and think it works based on how it came out (also delivered in the QC department, in fact better than dare I so the proto), but it is still not to everyones tastes.

Yeah, you summed up Sonja perfectly. She's just too special to pass on. Unless SSC hits us with a ridiculous price tag on her, she'll be added to my collection. No way I can pass on a Sonja that looks this insanely good.

The new Conan PF looks like it turned out great. There's a lot to like about the piece. Honestly, it was just the pose that gave me pause with the piece. I'm hoping they revisit the character in PF form again one day. I'd like to see a Conan PF in a more traditional pose someday. One that's possibly made to specifically pair up with this Sonja PF. Man, if we ever get a Conan PF that blows me away like this Sonja does....

Not surprised to see those stories about other people including non-collectors liking this sculpt. I ususally share photos of statues and Hot Toys on my Facebook wall, but this Red Sonja was the first to get more than a hundred likes in just a few hours. I checked those who gave the thumbs up and among them were several former colleagues who have been long retired from my previous field of work, and were never interested in these things!

At $500+ a pop they could sell thousands

They'll definitely sell thousands. Just how many thousands remains to be seen. Don't forget, there was a pretty cool looking RS PF released not that long ago. Not many peeps will want 2 statues of the same character. It'll be interesting to see if this piece has an ES that approaches or exceeds that of the last one.

She lookalika man. :horror

Attachments

• What-she-look-like-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs-33954734-500-375.jpg
    What-she-look-like-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs-33954734-500-375.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 253
I have perfect vision. It's alright, some guys like their women to look manly. Her body looks like that of a burnt out bikini model from the 80's. I think the base looks amazing and the face is pretty nice though.

1199977_large.jpg

Sorry, just had to. Lol.

Back