Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody who has the EX and is not displaying it with the frost giant head feel like selling the frost giant head hand :D? Please let me know, thanks!

Kinda biting my lip on the repaint, may do it next year as the supplies of the reg last... maybe get it cheaper too. Right now I'm thinking repaint or ARH Death Dealer... repaint or ARH Death Dealer... Death Dealers kind of winning :lol

It is a sweet repaint, don't really care for her rosies showing below her top, seems like they're too low. I'd also rather have brown paint between the links of her top rather then flesh tones. In the comic she's got a leather/cloth top under the links- metal on nipple = poor mangled Sonja.

If attom posts a tutorial, maybe I'll give it a shot myself... I suppose I can always send it off if I butcher it :lol

I don't think those are her "rosies" although I thought that at first too, it's just the red he uses all over her body.

No problem.. this is a method I learned form a few FX friends of mine and it's very useful,, I've painted a few resin and silicon heads this way... it has a little learning curve but if you have painted statues and kits you should not find this hard at all.. if not practice on an old statue you don't mind having not come out the way you want...:) I'll post the paint list in the next few days, I have to pull it out.. I think it's about 8 colors total, and you start with white splatter ... Once all the tone is done, you go in with dry brushing on all the armor and details.. lastly you buy some super fine brushes for eyes, eyelashes and the like.. also find some good color reference from Red Sonja comics as well.. When your done you should have an amazing one of kind PF EX or reg that you can be proud of...:) By the way your comic art ROCKS! As does Richards (Buttornado) fantasy paintings.. there seems to be many of us on here..:) Nice to chat with you guys!

Great tips man! I was thinking of using acrylics at first but maybe I'll do oil instead. Btw what's your guys art sites? I would love to see your work. It's pretty cool that it seems like a lot of artists are statue collectors. I think because they are art and nostalgia they really resonate with artists. I friggin love this stuff lol. I've customer some 1/6 scale stuff so far but nothing like this yet. I thought the factory paints looked like crap and canceled my PO. Now that I saw this custom though I'm stoked to try it.

No problem.. this is a method I learned form a few FX friends of mine and it's very useful,, I've painted a few resin and silicon heads this way... it has a little learning curve but if you have painted statues and kits you should not find this hard at all.. if not practice on an old statue you don't mind having not come out the way you want...:) I'll post the paint list in the next few days, I have to pull it out.. I think it's about 8 colors total, and you start with white splatter ... Once all the tone is done, you go in with dry brushing on all the armor and details.. lastly you buy some super fine brushes for eyes, eyelashes and the like.. also find some good color reference from Red Sonja comics as well.. When your done you should have an amazing one of kind PF EX or reg that you can be proud of...:) By the way your comic art ROCKS! As does Richards (Buttornado) fantasy paintings.. there seems to be many of us on here..:) Nice to chat with you guys!

Great tips man! I was thinking of using acrylics at first but maybe I'll do oil instead. Btw what's your guys art sites? I would love to see your work. It's pretty cool that it seems like a lot of artists are statue collectors. I think because they are art and nostalgia they really resonate with artists. I friggin love this stuff lol. I've customer some 1/6 scale stuff so far but nothing like this yet. I thought the factory paints looked like crap and canceled my PO. Now that I saw this custom though I'm stoked to try it.

I'm happy to see a lot of fellow artists here, actually. I guess buttornado summed it up pretty well -- art and nostalgia mean a lot to us. While some of us work for these licenses now we all still get giddy whenever we see well-done collectibles based on characters we grew up with. Loved Sonja and Vampi since I was in High School (heh). I know of a lot of artists who do collect, but aren't in any of the forums. Batsheva and McHaleyArt are amongst the most awesome artists here on SSF, btw!

my contribution :

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

Well done indeed, really shows all the details. Can't help but notice the occasional skincolored spots on bikini and straps.

Now waiting on a couple fools to quote your post. :cuckoo:

Hello, this is my work painted this red sonja! I wanted to share! it is completed 85% ... for a client! sorry for my bad english I am french!

SAM_4979.JPG

Back